DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss The Full Book

Luckers

Hello!

I have a general question whether there is any "dark" stuff, that can be counted as Shadow gaining advantage in TOM, or are heroes triumphing left and right?

How much stuff involving Forsaken in general? Anything about Demandred?

Is the Black Tower plotline present?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. What did you mean by this: "

The Olver moment that Jason mentioned...I found it to be pretty heartbreaking as well. Not in the way that we expected at first, but there is certainly an implication in his POV that cannot be ignored by any of us. We have known the little shit for too long now not to care."

Please trust me when I say that you would rather not know. It will spoil the entire book.

/is avoiding spoilers best as he can to insert humor

Olvendred is confirmed!

Sooo yeah, I'm really kind of curious what the big moment is with Olver. Feel free to pm me if need be . . . although that just seems kinda redundant pm'ing spoilers to avoid posting spoilers on a board specifically labeled spoilers

PM me, too. I'm a spoiler hound. That's kinda why I'm here. I gotta know what happens, now that I know what DOESN'T. (following Mat into the ToG)

I have read Towers of Midnight.

Olver . . . is a bit complicated. It can be heartbreaking but I think only if you are really sensitive about stuff like that. It's nothing ridiculous or crazy like some of the theories posted in the past.

Dennis

Olver . . . is a bit complicated. It can be heartbreaking but I think only if you are really sensitive about stuff like that. It's nothing ridiculous or crazy like some of the theories posted in the past.

Dennis

I'd just like to reply to this: I've not read ToM yet but I finally have to put this down in text somewhere on the interwebs before I do. I have *highly* suspected for a long time the Olver thing is simply him learning that Snakes & Foxes can't be beaten without cheating, thusly shedding his remaining childhood innocence. I've not seen anyone else come up with this as a mini-theory anywhere else, so I'm hereby claiming it as my own.

I'd just like to reply to this: I've not read ToM yet but I finally have to put this down in text somewhere on the interwebs before I do. I have *highly* suspected for a long time the Olver thing is simply him learning that Snakes & Foxes can't be beaten without cheating, thusly shedding his remaining childhood innocence. I've not seen anyone else come up with this as a mini-theory anywhere else, so I'm hereby claiming it as my own.

I'm guessing your probably correct the more I think about it. Although confirmation would just be awesome.

Perhaps absolute destruction of innocence, when his hero Jain Farstrider reveals what kind of man he truly was? The moral death of someone you thought to be a hero is a major tragedy itself. Speculation, of course. Still waiting for my copy. :(

Dennis

I think what Jason was getting at probably had more to do with who was ultimately at fault for it.

Perhaps absolute destruction of innocence, when his hero Jain Farstrider reveals what kind of man he truly was? The moral death of someone you thought to be a hero is a major tragedy itself. Speculation, of course. Still waiting for my copy. :(

A valid add-on to this thought-line. However, using the knowledge we gained from some spoilers in this thread, namely that Farstrider gets left behind in the tower, I doubt this. The reveal would have to come before they went to the tower (Olver doesn't go) which I just don't see as happening. For it to happen afterwards Matt, Moiraine, or Thom would have to tell him "Yo, your hero was a darkfriend murderer" which, again, I don't see happening.

A few questions:

1. Do we find out who has the Horn?

2. Any clues to what's up with the Borderlander rulers and the 13 AS?

3. Does Nynaeve get to do anything in this book?

4. Which characters from New Spring show up besides Bulen?

You asked for it.... MAJOR SPOILERS..

1.) still in the Tower although Mat tells Joline (who heads back to the tower) that hes coming for it soon

2.) Kind of Anti Climactic, they need Rand to fulfill a Boarderland prophecy which he does. He then gives them an ultimatum about fealty or being left behind- does it in a much nicer way then in TGS. The 13 aes sedai make no move on hime

3.) Nothing much..except learning how to cure madness in men how channel before the cleansing. (cant heal rand though) Oh also joins with egwene and the wise ones in a battle royal in the world of dreams against messana and the ba. oh and she gets Lans bond, and becaomes a full aes sedai test and all

4.) A few but i cant recall which

I got the book yesterday, and although I'm only about 200 pages into it, I've skimmed it and can answer most of your questions. Obviously, major spoilers below.

Its a spoiler board right? I read the thang last night. Ask me a straight question and Ill give you a straight answer.

Can we get an explanation on why the Olver thing is suppose to be special?

The impression I got from the final scene with Olver (in the epilogue) is that it is likely he dies. Mat waited out the time to avoid opening the letter and set out without doing it. Olver finds the letter in Mat's tent ant opens it. The letter is a warning that a massive army of Shadowspawn is headed for Caemlyn and will pour out of the Waygate unless it is destroyed. She wants Mat to convince Elayne to destroy it because if the army manages to break through, it will utterly destroy Caemlyn. Just after reading the letter, the band sees fires in Caemlyn and realizes the city is under assault. The band moves to aid the city, and Olver pulls out a huge knife and heads toward the battle to fight.

How does Mat kill the Gholam?

Not sure on this one yet... I'll let you know when i get to it, if someone doesn't post it before then.

Does Mesaana die in this book?

Egwene destroys her mind in T'A'R' and then goes hunting for a mindless Aes Sedai which turns up Danelle.

-TS

Archived