DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss The Full Book

Luckers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did we really learn that Graendal killed Asmodean in this book? Does this revelation play a big role in the overall plot? You don't need to spoil the motive for why it happened yet, I am just curious if this detail is actually part of a larger plot in the book as someone on readandfindout.com suggested:

Link

Did we really learn that Graendal killed Asmodean in this book? Does this revelation play a big role in the overall plot? You don't need to spoil the motive for why it happened yet, I am just curious if this detail is actually part of a larger plot in the book as someone on readandfindout.com suggested:

Link

where did it say grendal killed asmo?

do we find out who killed asmo in this one? i think it was greandel too, and this is an unrestricted spoiler board so if you wanna confirm that or just name his real killer im fine with that.

Thank link tells you who kills Asmodean so find out for yourself :)

Well my bullet points of things from the book, only have one read through, started second but no room to lug the book w/ me through china:

First Verin and Mat.... FFS Verin, why didnt you tell mat to act as he feels with the information, NOT command him to act..... Ending the book like that really irked me.

The Avendiha (spelling.. i know, im at a hostel in Jiuzhaigou, can barely type on this keyboard) chapter, I understand its significance, but wasn't sure why it was sorta thrown in the book here, seemed lost. Though, it appears Rand lives through Last battle, Fathers even more kids, but doesnt live too long; Maybe he is permanently Stilled in the battle. Curious about the Senchan, this implies that right now the path is on towards them dominating the world a few generations past LB.

Also the Senchan abscence from the book has me a little worried

Perrin, Wow finally i dont feel pain reading a chaper with perrin in it; he finally just does stuff instead of moping there all day. Love the hammer it sounds like its going to be important later.

Very curious about Taim, he has a dream spike, and he is training people VERY fast, maybe an inverted stasis box (or a portal stone) where they can have years to train, but only take 1 day in 'real' world. We know he is either playing both sides or fully evil, i guess we will see, where is Logain???

Moranie!!! Yeah finaly, shame jain farstrider had to die for it. Wish we'd gotten the reunification scene w/ her and rand.

Thats all for now.

More later.

Well my bullet points of things from the book, only have one read through, started second but no room to lug the book w/ me through china:

First Verin and Mat.... FFS Verin, why didnt you tell mat to act as he feels with the information, NOT command him to act..... Ending the book like that really irked me.

The Avendiha (spelling.. i know, im at a hostel in Jiuzhaigou, can barely type on this keyboard) chapter, I understand its significance, but wasn't sure why it was sorta thrown in the book here, seemed lost. Though, it appears Rand lives through Last battle, Fathers even more kids, but doesnt live too long; Maybe he is permanently Stilled in the battle. Curious about the Senchan, this implies that right now the path is on towards them dominating the world a few generations past LB.

Perrin, Wow finally i dont feel pain reading a chaper with perrin in it; he finally just does stuff instead of moping there all day. Love the hammer it sounds like its going to be important later.

Very curious about Taim, he has a dream spike, and he is training people VERY fast, maybe an inverted stasis box (or a portal stone) where they can have years to train, but only take 1 day in 'real' world. We know he is either playing both sides or fully evil, i guess we will see, where is Logain???

Moranie!!! Yeah finaly, shame jain farstrider had to die for it. Wish we'd gotten the reunification scene w/ her and rand.

Thats all for now.

More later.

I posted something about this but than change my mind. I'm out until I read the book. dry.gif

Guest dcbrott99

Thats all for now.

More later.

So this is confirmation that Noal is Jain Farstrider?

I am very upset :-(

I privately only had THREE little wishes for this book and I have been told by sources that I trust that NONE of the three occur in this book.

I am crushed.

Avoid reading further if you want to avoid seeing me expand on these three things:

I thought my yearnings were not too much to ask for. I didn't have to have Asmo's killer revealed or some long-prophecied battle happen. My three wishes were small things and I can't believe NONE of the three occur in TOM -

My Three Wishes Were:

1 Mesaana's Tower Identity Revealed.

2 Demandred's Identity/What He's Been Up To Revealed.

3 Not so much Moiraine Demandred's TOG Rescue Itself...But Rand Meeting Her Again.

Please...someome tell me...in the name of all that is Team Jordan, HOW could NONE of these things be in TOM???:--(((

- Fish

Yes, I believe his final words were:

'If you see a malkari, you tell 'em Jain Farstrider died clean'

My Three Wishes Were:

- Fish

See Below.

Other stuff:

Im torn about Ewegene, though looking forward to the rand/ewegene confrontation in AMOL. the Mesaana battle scene was interesting, especially considering who else she brought to bear for it.

I did like mat and perrin's reunion, despite it seeming short lived, was surprised that the two together didnt cause stuff like rot receding etc.

Also how far along is Elayne? Is it possible that the babies could be born when the bore is opened in 1 months time?

The possibilities for Callandor seem interesting. We know rand will choose Nayanve (spelling again) and one other, who though Avendiha, Ewegene, the super strong senchan girl. If rand is welding callendor, who will be holding the access key? or will it be destroyed.

Ewegenes dream about rand cutting ropes around a giant crystal sphere, she seems to think it refers to the bore, could it also be either the Giant Sa'angrel or the crystal throne?

K, I really shouldn't have read this page of posts. :angry::mad:

Since I clearly have no self discipline whatsoever, I'm going away now. I shall return precisely Tuesday night, ca 11pm. And not a moment before. Unless other half gives in to my pleading and hands over the laptop.

Guest Noriko Sedai

Just about 200 pages in so far, first thought:

"Nynaeve, could you be any more awesome? Really? I think I'm naming my firstborn after you"

Will update later.. :)

The male access key was destroyed at the end of TGS I think.

MOAR spoilers :)

Oh, hmmm I think I am suppose to discuss the full book. I would love to discuss that part where Asmodean dies in detail but I seem to have plum forgotten all the juicy details. Perhaps someone could jog my memory . . .

Yes, I believe his final words were:

'If you see a malkari, you tell 'em Jain Farstrider died clean'

My Three Wishes Were:

- Fish

See Below.

Other stuff:

Im torn about Ewegene, though looking forward to the rand/ewegene confrontation in AMOL. the Mesaana battle scene was interesting, especially considering who else she brought to bear for it.

I did like mat and perrin's reunion, despite it seeming short lived, was surprised that the two together didnt cause stuff like rot receding etc.

Also how far along is Elayne? Is it possible that the babies could be born when the bore is opened in 1 months time?

The possibilities for Callandor seem interesting. We know rand will choose Nayanve (spelling again) and one other, who though Avendiha, Ewegene, the super strong senchan girl. If rand is welding callendor, who will be holding the access key? or will it be destroyed.

Ewegenes dream about rand cutting ropes around a giant crystal sphere, she seems to think it refers to the bore, could it also be either the Giant Sa'angrel or the crystal throne?

I actually DID ''see below'' ... I apologize if my eyes aren't working, but I didn't see what you wanted me to.

Fish

Am I the only one that laughs at people that read a spoiler thread and then complain about it?

1: I assume most of Mat's screentime will involve Ghenjei, but do Mat and Tuon get screentime together? (a simple yes/no suffices here)

2: Do we see Suffa at all? (yes/no only would be great)

3: Do we get to see Mat in action commanding the Band at all?

These are the things I'm curious about in TOM that I feel doesn't really give away plot details, but allows me to look forward to these scenes, as I already do. So these questions are harbored out of hope of seeing these things in TOM.

4: Last question, do the supergirls - Elayne, Egwene, Nynaeve come to appreciate Mat more in this book? This is directed at Elayne moreso than the others. (once again a simple yes/no is fine here - I don't mind and would rather not have intimate plot details :biggrin: )

Oooh, oooh, a Mesaana battle. Was our favorite WT FS destroyed? I'm curious as to how she could maintain her sooper sekrit identity if she is brazen enough to assault someone (Eggy? Rand? Both?) in the Tower. Apparently she just dropped her disguise and came into the open; Rand, at least, could still recognize her. If she's dead, hopefully it was a touch of BF that got rid of her. I'm not exactly wanting more FS to be able to return.

Edit: Just saw Terez's post, I guess Mesaana was outed after all, which would make sense. I'm guessing Danelle was the identity, as Terez indicated it was who most people thought it was.

Archived