DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss The Full Book

Luckers

So Messana was Delana eh..Well not sure if that's a shocker. I hope Rand fried her or vice versa. So I am guessing Demi will be revealed in last book. I wonder who will be the man Logain stepped over in Min's prediction. I always thought it was Taim.Now I am not sure.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Messana was Delana eh..Well not sure if that's a shocker. I hope Rand fried her or vice versa. So I am guessing Demi will be revealed in last book. I wonder who will be the man Logain stepped over in Min's prediction. I always thought it was Taim.Now I am not sure.

No, I think they are referring to little Danelle (sp?), Delana wouldn't really make sense, although if it actually turned out to be Delana it would be as shocking if not more then when Rand channeled the TP.

I hear you, Terez; like I said in an above post, I am sorry for being snarky towards you.

I was thinking. I think there is a BIG diff in the anticipation about TOM as opposed to the the build-up for TGS.

IMO, there is much more anxiety about the actual PLOT of the book this time.

Last year, to me at least, in terms of what I felt like I was sensing, it was like ''I don't care what does or doesn't happen in this (TGS) book as long as Sanderson doesn't 'ruin' it .''

I think everyone breathed a big sigh of relief after reading TGS. Maybe there are some diffs in the style a few may never reconcile, but most of us happily realized that Brandon was not going to ''ruin'' the series, lol.

But, BECAUSE of that assurance concerning the new author, I think more anxiety is there about the book itself for TOM.

Also, think about this: If there are some special plotlines or reveals that many have been yearning for for years, and it is NOT in TOM, then that does mean that there is ONLY *1* more book with a chance for us to get the answers/reunions etc that we've pined ages for.

And, say, worse comes to worse and maybe a few of those things certain fans have pined for...well, say maybe Brandon or Team RJ just doesn't see a way to cram some of those things in what will already be a neccesarily crammed final book?

This is my worry.

I also suspect (without knowing the man from Adam and Eve) that this is a prime factor in Brandon's desire to do one more complete reread prior to writing AMOL. Which I personally feel is beyond commendable.

Just some of my thoughts and all totally opinion and not based on fact at all - I also don't mean to speak for everyone.

Fish

Well I just did a total reread and it only took me two months so i hope he doesn't use that as a reason to strecth out publishing the last one for more then a year!

now I seem to recall danelle but can't remember exactly where, she must have been a very minor minor charature!

Danelle Sedai? who the hell is she!*l* wow she kept herself hidden well, did we ever see her wareing a bronze skirt or dress with black trim? I seem to skip that part alot but the first time i read the books i thought I read that, and i always go back looking for it but never find it, it was the only clue to who she was masqueraiding as from when Alviarin was kissing her hem

does Oliver follow Matt and company into the tower?

Does Rand and Avi get together with that whole rand aura of making things doubly fertile? guess thats why she has four kids huh?

Does elyane ever shut up in this one?

does rand figuer out who Bridget is?

ahhhhhhh

need book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I think they are referring to little Danelle (sp?), Delana wouldn't really make sense, although if it actually turned out to be Delana it would be as shocking if not more then when Rand channeled the TP.

Damn those names..I think I was talking about one of those dreamy weirdo Aes Sedai who took down Siuan.

Well I just did a total reread and it only took me two months so i hope he doesn't use that as a reason to strecth out publishing the last one for more then a year!

now I seem to recall danelle but can't remember exactly where, she must have been a very minor minor charature!

Danelle Sedai? who the hell is she!*l* wow she kept herself hidden well, did we ever see her wareing a bronze skirt or dress with black trim? I seem to skip that part alot but the first time i read the books i thought I read that, and i always go back looking for it but never find it, it was the only clue to who she was masqueraiding as from when Alviarin was kissing her hem

We suspected Danelle because of a few things:

1. She had few friends, and was known for being aloof. This made her a perfect target for Mesaana to impersonate, because she couldn't use Compulsion on the entire Tower.

2. She was similar in appearance to Mesaana. We know that all it takes is a touch to reveal that someone is using inverted Illusion, but that's not really true if the person using Illusion makes a disguise that changes little in terms of bone structure.

3. She was heavily involved in the deposition of Siuan, having snuck in soldiers disguised as masons, and having been there when Elaida showed up to arrest Siuan. She was also involved in some of the earlier meetings in Elaida's study.

We had little to go on with her, but that was enough for most.

does Oliver follow Matt and company into the tower?

No. That would have ruined everything; only noobs really expected this to happen. And Luckers. ;)

Does Rand and Avi get together with that whole rand aura of making things doubly fertile? guess thats why she has four kids huh?

We learn more about their children.

Does elyane ever shut up in this one?

She says some important things.

does rand figuer out who Bridget is?

He never sees her.

Hmm. What did you mean by this: "

The Olver moment that Jason mentioned...I found it to be pretty heartbreaking as well. Not in the way that we expected at first, but there is certainly an implication in his POV that cannot be ignored by any of us. We have known the little shit for too long now not to care."

The Olver moment that Jason mentioned...I found it to be pretty heartbreaking as well. Not in the way that we expected at first, but there is certainly an implication in his POV that cannot be ignored by any of us. We have known the little shit for too long now not to care."

Sad Thought: What if the little guy has been under Compulsion all this time???? (like we know Rodel and Noal/Jain have been).

:-(

Fish

Sad Thought: What if the little guy has been under Compulsion all this time???? (like we know Rodel and Noal/Jain have been).

Fish

Well we know from RJ that Olver is in the story for a reason, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he was a dark friend or just under compulsion. We have been surprised by dark friends before after all.

Please trust me when I say that you would rather not know. It will spoil the entire book.

Fish

Rodel Ituralde?

Fish

Rodel Ituralde?

Yup. My ManCrush and one of the 4 living Great Captains. Sadly, the guy has a Ticking Compulsion Time-Bomb in his head courtesy of Graendal.

Fish

During one of Graendal's viewpoints she is visited by Rodel. We never see on screen what happened. However, there is no indication in the books that Graendal did anything drastic to him. Unless this was contradicted by RJ, if she put any Compulsion on him...it was likely light Compulsion.

Is that new info based on ToM or some hints I missed in previous books? Also, somebody mentioned that the SEanchan look poised to dominate the world generations after the LB, where is that coming from?

Its been pretty much ''understood'' for...actually, a looooong time now.

I can't recall anywhere I have seen RJ or BS come out and confirm it, but its sorta like ''Moridin=Ishamael'' or ''Cadsuane's Hair Thingy = Ter'angreal'' or ''Noal=Jain'' or ''Setalle=The Woman Who Was'' ... something that was just sorta figured out early on.

I personally have Boards like this one to thank for understanding many of those things - my brain was never smart enough to figure those things out onits own, LOL!!!

Fish

During one of Graendal's viewpoints she is visited by Rodel. We never see on screen what happened. However, there is no indication in the books that Graendal did anything drastic to him. Unless this was contradicted by RJ, if she put any Compulsion on him...it was likely light Compulsion.

Rand with his Lews Therin memory stated that Graendal always used compulsion on people close to her. If Rodel visited her, she used some compulsion on him - it is her MO. As for whether or not it was heavy compulsion or not, well that I guess will be revealed.

Rand with his Lews Therin memory stated that Graendal always used compulsion on people close to her. If Rodel visited her, she used some compulsion on him - it is her MO. As for whether or not it was heavy compulsion or not, well that I guess will be revealed.

Yeah i know that, but if it was heavy compulsion I don't think there would have been any viewpoints from Ituralde...he wouldn't have been able to think anymore. lol. It would make sense that she only used enough to make him loyal to whatever she said while he was in her presence. After all, he wasn't one of her pets and he had to retain his mind (i.e. battle knowledge) in order to spread chaos more effectively.

Yeah i know that, but if it was heavy compulsion I don't think there would have been any viewpoints from Ituralde...he wouldn't have been able to think anymore. lol. It would make sense that she only used enough to make him loyal to whatever she said while he was in her presence. After all, he wasn't one of her pets and he had to retain his mind (i.e. battle knowledge) in order to spread chaos more effectively.

Are you so sure? We had viewpoints from Elayne and Nyneave, and they have previously been under heavy compulsion (by Moggy). Depends on what you consider heavy compulsion. I consider it heavy when the weave is powerful but you may consider it heavy when it is deeply rooted (which I would refer to as deep compulsion or the like). I would say that with him being in charge of all the forces it would be very wise of Graendal to put a few "dead man switches" in his mind so that when he did certain actions it would trigger a compulsion. When you think about Graendal, remember that nothing is what it seems on the surface.

Just PM me the freaking book. Scan, Scan! Type, type. I can still cancel my order.

Which is exactly why I would never do that. I support the author!

Is that new info based on ToM or some hints I missed in previous books? Also, somebody mentioned that the SEanchan look poised to dominate the world generations after the LB, where is that coming from?

I think you will want to just read it yourself. It's a complicated glimpse of the future, and I doubt any of us understand it well enough at this point to sum it up in a way that is even accurate. Be patient.

I don't think Graendal compelled Ituralde. Her compelled servants are no more than adoring, zombie-like slaves due to her not being subtle in compulsion. I think I remember a FS POV at some stage that stated that Graendal wasn't really all that good at compulsion resulting in her followers' mental status as a general rule.

IIRC Graendal used the Mask of Mirrors to become "Lady Tuva" to meet with and manipulate Ituralde (not sure about that name but it's close I think). She would not need to compel him because he believed she was in close contact with King Alsalam and that his orders that were being passed on by Graendal.

I don't think Graendal compelled Ituralde. Her compelled servants are no more than adoring, zombie-like slaves due to her not being subtle in compulsion. I think I remember a FS POV at some stage that stated that Graendal wasn't really all that good at compulsion resulting in her followers' mental status as a general rule.

IIRC Graendal used the Mask of Mirrors to become "Lady Tuva" to meet with and manipulate Ituralde (not sure about that name but it's close I think). She would not need to compel him because he believed she was in close contact with King Alsalam and that his orders that were being passed on by Graendal.

I think you are misremembering Sammaels musings from LOC. He thinks that just because Graendal usually uses very strong Compulsion, people forget that she is one of the best at being extremely subtle when she has to. He also believes that she Compels every single person who visits her palace.

Also, while i do not feel like go digging for quotes, i am pretty sure Brandon indirectly confirmed that Graendal had Compelled Ituralde during the TGS tour.

Archived