DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galad's PoV

Luckers

The Questioners already know the truth, they are just looking for a confession. Thom said something like that to Nynaeve in tEotW when she threatened to run to the whitecloaks to get the four away from Mo.

Asunawa "knows" Galad is a darkfriend or is manipulated by darkfriends. If the Lord Captains become convinced Galad is innocent Asunawa still has the Seanchan forces and the Questioners to keep them in line.

I think he'll do the questioning himself and become frustrated because Galad won't break. And I think when Asunawa has done what he has never had to do before and to go further would kill the suspect they take a break so Galad can talk he'll ask him if he's a df and Galad wil give a "more weight" type answer. Well, Galad can't be innocent because Asunawa "knows" he's a df.

So I think rescue is the only option, and Galad will not like he has to be rescued.

Asunawa has been suspect since that incident when E. Valda went to visit him & smelled a stench. IMHO - He most likely is under a compulsion. That is most likely why he saw a darkness over Galad during the fight. Otherwise Galad is the rightfull Lord Captian Commander.

I am not sure how it will occur but either Asunawa or Byar will probably die by Galad's hand. Maybe both. One of these deaths will inspire the chapter title - "It was the right thing to do". I think most likely it will be killing Byar who is his friend. That has more personal impact for Galad.

Maybe after Perrin helps with the Whitecloak problem, Byar tries to kill Perrin & Galad intervienes.

Also, I am wondering if perfectly hansome Galad is finally left terrably scared by the Questioners?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to check but did it specifically say seanchan solders or just seanchan? Because it could easily be Taraboners who swore themselves to seanchan

If they are Altarans, Taraborers, or Amidacions(?) then they are part of the Seanchan Empire, hence part of the Seanchan Army. The WC are officially part of the Seanchan army also. Galad and his men are deserters, traitors, and oathbreakers in the eyes of Seanchan.

Throughout history when someone who is, during a war, a deserter, traitor, or oathbreaker it doesn't end well for them if their captured.

In the US one of the most nasty insults you can give is to call someone a "Benedict Arnold."

I'll have to check but did it specifically say seanchan solders or just seanchan? Because it could easily be Taraboners who swore themselves to seanchan

If they are Altarans, Taraborers, or Amidacions(?) then they are part of the Seanchan Empire, hence part of the Seanchan Army. The WC are officially part of the Seanchan army also. Galad and his men are deserters, traitors, and oathbreakers in the eyes of Seanchan.

Throughout history when someone who is, during a war, a deserter, traitor, or oathbreaker it doesn't end well for them if their captured.

The point is that if they're native to this side of the ocean then it's entirely possible that they could defect to Galad as well. If actually Seanchan that becomes significantly less likely. I think they are Seanchan, Galad recognized them immediately, and one would think they would have reliable men keeping an eye on the rest of the Whitecloaks.

I have a question.

What is with the White Trees?

We've seen odd white trees in the swampy area Galad was.

and then again in Chapter 1 when a guy walked around a wall and turned into a White Tree that smelled of Sulfur.

What am I missing?

Also, Why was the area flooding, and where did the bodies and Mules come from?

I was thinking it was going to be a bunch of Shaido, and the flooding was from Perrin screwing up the Irrigation system in Malden.

But I guess I'm wrong.

Over in the uk, and I'm sure you guys in Us and Aus will have similar problems - we have dutch elm disease that can cause symptoms like you describe. Personally I just thought White trees were a symptom rather than the disease itself - yet there could be more to it than that.

Over in the uk, and I'm sure you guys in Us and Aus will have similar problems - we have dutch elm disease that can cause symptoms like you describe. Personally I just thought White trees were a symptom rather than the disease itself - yet there could be more to it than that.

Also lichen/ mould patches or lack of sunlight could be enough, I guess.

The timeline is truly intriguing - on balance, Asunawa-Galad must be prior to meeting Perrin because Galad's PoV has no mention of it, or of his (step)mum being alive. Quite apart from Perrin/ Morgause, he would have vibes about meeting a small army, with a large Andoran (Two Rivers) element and a very, very hawt woman around, as well.

The battle can't be Malden - the dead seem to be normal Westlanders, not Aiel in their distinctive cadin'sor. It also occurred a while ago - body-bloat. It can't be the engagement of the Amadician army versus Seanchan, since the WCs were involved there, and Galad/ his scouts would have registered the locale/ uniforms, etc. So, what was the battle?

how the heck is Galad going to get free, meet up with Perrin, and be bonded by Egwene all in one book?

Maybe the bonding will happen in the last book, but I hope it's sooner then that.

Is this a theory or did I miss a vision/prophetic dream somewhere?

The only Viewing/Foretelling that appears to invoke Galad is Min's Viewing of Berelain that she would meet a man in white who makes her fall head over heels.

Yeah, which is more evidence that at least Galad's PoV in the Prologue takes place prior to meeting up with Perrin et all.

DocBean - Are you confusing Galad and Gawyn? I think its Gawyn that will be bonded by Egwene.

No I'm not confusing the two.

We know Egwene will do whatever is right for the Tower.

and we know Galad will always do the right thing.

There will be no better way for the Whitecloaks to enter Tarmon Gaidon then to put their baggage behind them and be united with the "witches" for the greater good.

Galad and Egwene bonding will also fulfill 4 of Min's viewings:

TGH,Ch24

Galad - He will always do what is right, no matter who it hurts. (Gawyn)

TGH,Ch38

Galad - He will hurt someone to serve a greater good and not even notice.

– I don't think he would notice how being bonded by Egwene will hurt Gawyn.

TGH,Ch42

Egwene - "I've read you, Egwene.... I see things I am sure link you to Rand, and Perrin, and Mat, and - yes, even Galad." – notice that Gawyn isn't mentioned in this viewing, but Galad is.

TSR,Ch1

Gawyn - ...He was going to be hurt more than the blood told, hurt somehow deeper than wounds to his flesh. (What would hurt Gawyn more then losing Egwene to Galad, he won't know she isn't doing it for love.)

I think Galad and Gawyn will go at it after the Bonding.

TSR,Ch1 Gawyn - that bloody mask again. More: a sword floated above his head, and a banner waved behind it. The long-hilted sword, like those most Warders used, had a heron engraved on its slightly curved blade, symbol of a blademaster, and Min could not say whether it belonged to Gawyn or threatened him.

– I think most people believe that Gawyn will earn a heron marked blade. He's already beaten a couple swordmasters; however, I think this blade will be threatening him (from Galad) rather then belonging to him.

Galad has always been better, and you'd think even better yet with the Warder stamina, but Gawyn will be fighting for love. Hopefully the idiots won't kill each other, if it does happen; although I'm not a fan of either of them, so I'd be fine if they did.

how the heck is Galad going to get free, meet up with Perrin, and be bonded by Egwene all in one book?

Maybe the bonding will happen in the last book, but I hope it's sooner then that.

Is this a theory or did I miss a vision/prophetic dream somewhere?

Thom in EotW said something like "that's as likely as the Amyrlin marrying/bonding the Lord Captain Commander." Some people have taken this as foreshadowing.

DocBean - Are you confusing Galad and Gawyn? I think its Gawyn that will be bonded by Egwene.

There will be no better way for the Whitecloaks to enter Tarmon Gaidon then to put their baggage behind them and be united with the "witches" for the greater good.

TGH,Ch24

TGH,Ch38

TGH,Ch42

Egwene - "I've read you, Egwene.... I see things I am sure link you to Rand, and Perrin, and Mat, and - yes, even Galad." – notice that Gawyn isn't mentioned in this viewing, but Galad is.

TSR,Ch1

Gawyn - ...He was going to be hurt more than the blood told, hurt somehow deeper than wounds to his flesh. (What would hurt Gawyn more then losing Egwene to Galad, he won't know she isn't doing it for love.)

TSR,Ch1 Gawyn - that bloody mask again. More: a sword floated above his head, and a banner waved behind it. The long-hilted sword, like those most Warders used, had a heron engraved on its slightly curved blade, symbol of a blademaster, and Min could not say whether it belonged to Gawyn or threatened him.

– I think most people believe that Gawyn will earn a heron marked blade. He's already beaten a couple swordmasters; however, I think this blade will be threatening him (from Galad) rather then belonging to him.

Galad has always been better, and you'd think even better yet with the Warder stamina, but Gawyn will be fighting for love. Hopefully the idiots won't kill each other, if it does happen; although I'm not a fan of either of them, so I'd be fine if they did.

Any thoughts then on who Berelein's man in white is if Galad is bonded by Egwene?

Its an interesting idea there; Ive never considered that Galad and Egwene could bond, and the various dreams and visions doesn't rule it out as a possibility. However, I find it unlikely. Only because Berelains man in white is almost sure to be Galad. The best looking guy on earth, and with power. As for the Blademasters sword involving Gawyn, I had always assumed that was his offscreen fight with Hammer, who is implied to be a Blademaster.

Yep, right about Gawyn and Hammar. During talk with Sleete before abandoning the Younglings. He doesn't have to wear a heron marked blade to be one. You'd still call Rand a blademaster wouldn't you? His sword is not marked either.

Anyhoo back on track... in tGS Egwene POV at the end she is musing that she will bond Gawyn and she will marry him. She's just putting him in his place and frankly to busy for him just now. Could depend on if Rand goes to the Tower after Apples and meets him. Not sure if Rand knows that Morgase is the queen with Perrin, I'll have to look that bit with Tam in tear up again. This could be the crossroads Egwene dreamed about for Gawyn. Whether or not he attacks Rand would affect her decision.

TGH,Ch24

TGH,Ch38

TGH,Ch42

TSR,Ch1

Most of those quotes about Gawyn have been pretty much linked with the overthrowing of Siuan and the warders fighting the younglings on tower grounds. (I still can't understand for the life of me how the pupills let themselves be used that way).

My point is, those quotes are already "used" you can hardly backup a new theory with those. imho.

I don't know why anyone would think that Berelain can't fall in love with Galad, even if he's bonded by Egwene.

"He will do the right thing, no matter who it hurts."

Galad will definitely see uniting the White Tower with the White Cloaks right before the Last Battle as "The Right Thing"

Egwene and Galad bonding is a business relationship, not a love triangle.

It will just be perceived as that to Berelain and Gawyn.

If you don't think it will happen, that's fine. But what is it that will link Egwene to Galad in your opinion?

TGH,Ch42

Notice that Perrin is mentioned. And as of TGH there's not much to link Perrin and Egwene, so I don't see how Galad here would mean anything special.

EDIT: yes, the TSR ch1 quote is far more interresting and fitting.

TGH,Ch42

Notice that Perrin is mentioned. And as of TGH there's not much to link Perrin and Egwene, so I don't see how Galad here would mean anything special.

EDIT: yes, the TSR ch1 quote is far more interresting and fitting.

Are you saying Min's viewing means nothing?

I'd say if anything because we haven't seen her linked to Perrin and Galad in any way PROOVES that they'll cross each other's paths in the future,

which is huge when you're trying to figure out what might happen.

Her link to Mat, Perrin, and Rand could be because they're from the same town.

Or, it could be that she still has work to do with Perrin.

Perrin is dreaming in the dreamworld, there is a very good chance they could run into each other there.

We also know that Perrin and Galad will cross each other's paths soon.

So if Egwene sees that Galad is with Perrin, then it's very possible that we'll see her meet with both of them.

Galad and Egwene will decide that uniting the Whites is a smart move. They NEED to unite, or they'll not trust each other when the crap hits the fan.

Perrin's Taverness might be what brings them together.

Archived