DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galad's PoV

Luckers

What makes you think that Egwene would bond Galad? Egwene does not need to bond a Whitecloak for political purposes. She needs only to show the world that she has things under control with the Dragon Reborn. On the grand scheme of things, the Whitecloak force is pretty minor as compared to the Aiels, Seachans, Borderlanders, Andor, the Black Tower, the White Tower, and the Dragon Reborn.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm throwing my official support behind the Egwene bonding Galad theory. I don't think that people believe the Gawyn visions relate to something else is proof that they do. We all thought Demandred was Taim, for instance.

On top of that, the Whitecloaks forces may not be immense, but they still hold political power. Remember Thom's lecture on them? Not to mention the symbolism of such an act would be incredible.

Doesn't Min's vision say Egwene will bond/marry Gawyn or they both die. It was a double vision like Siuan and Gareth.

Interesting that the women think Gawyn is OK and Galad was the faulty character. Turns out Galad is getting cooler

and Gawyn is racing Faile, Egwene and Cadsuane as the most annoying character of the series.

Just to play devils advocate Egwene is linked to the Golden Hawk - Tuon or Berelain haha :)

Min said the man in white will snub Berelain as well.

Galad is a Honorable and up Straight Man. Duty and Honor is his creed and nothing will sway him from those paths. Reminds me of Sir Galahad. Look forward to more of him. Especially all the Reunions, his mother, Gawyn and finally Perrin, Matt and Rand. It will be good.

Actually it says "snub up" and that has a different meaning. When I googled it it applied to tying horses to poles or fastening boats. That sounds much more promising. The translated book I have re-translates like "put in place".

View Postalgspkr, on 22 September 2010 - 03:51 AM, said:

View PostKaznen, on 21 September 2010 - 11:38 PM, said:

After reading the Galad's PoV I thought of something. We all assumed Perrin would find out about Morgase because Galad see's her and speaks up. But, I thought maybe what happens is Trom and company meet with Perrin and tells him about Galad being in the hands of the Questioners.

Morgase loves Galad as much as she loves her son and daughter. I think she'll reveal herself to get Perrin to help Galad.

That's interesting. I do like this theory.

If you're wrong my money's on Tam, we have not seen those two meet and he is the only source I can think of for her to know the Two Rivers Accent, though the knowledge may come from a different village.

Yeah, I was thinking as I read the Galad part that it was slightly anti-climactic if we already knew he would end up meeting with Perrin, etc. But then I started thinking and, was that ever explicitly revealed in tGS or was it just an assumption since Tam mentioned "the queen" so we assumed that Galad must have revealed her?

I think that Rand saw Perrin with a whitecloak, but I don't think it was ever specifically mentioned as Galad. I'm not real sure though.

Rand specificaly mentions "When did Galad become a White Cloak?" in his internal dialogue there.

Oh and I just want to go on the record saying No way no how does Egwene bond Galad in this or any other life time. Gawyn will be bonded by her right after she forces him to pull his head out of his arse.

And IF she gets together with Galad it will drive both Egwene and Elayne nuts. That's a really good reason!

Besides, Berelain needs a real lover to take her out on walks or other romantic stuff, like Galad seems to be into. She's not a slut for real, she just uses her cleavage as a weapon and in rare cases her bed for politics. Only two men, she says. Morgase was "worse" than that already with Gareth Bryne. She's probably as misunderstood as Galad used to be before we got his PoV. Hopefully the whole Perrin nonsense will end, but that was never really what it seemed to be.

But of course that man in white may be someone else completely. Might be Trom for all we know. But there is that scene in the beginning of KoD where Galad sees a hawk and identifies with it that makes me hope a little.

I just think Galad deserves a better woman than Berelain

Ha! I think she's too good for him! She's cool, funny, sexy and down to Earth. He's a dork! She's not looking for a total stiff, surely! Her relationship doesn't have to be with a stooge just because she likes to let her hair down.

Deserves a better woman... Pffffff! Who's better? And considering we've seen the best in all Randland already you should have a good idea about who I'd 'better' pffffff!!!!!! Pfffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's already too many "oh me n you are different, Babes, but actually we're made for each other" relationships already.

Besides, Berelain needs a real lover to take her out on walks or other romantic stuff, like Galad seems to be.

Pfffffff! Boak! Barf! Pah! Ahhhhh!

It's funny cause you're serious. Take her put on walks? Ahhhhhhhh!

What she needs is charisma, a sense of humour, a powerful insight into the human psyche, someone smart and all that.

Galas is 'look at me I'm Sandra Dee, lousy with Virginity'

Does anyone agree?

Mr Triple Post, there's an edit button. I'll answer seriously just because I'm full of nonsense trivia anyway.

I say "real lover" because she hasn't had any. All her previous involvements have been political and probably as sincere as the time she tried to seduce Rand. And Galad actually asked Egwene out for walks and picnics (don't think she ever did anything else but sit and dream about it although he gave her plenty of chances though), so it's nothing I'm coming up with myself :P

What she needs is charisma, a sense of humour, a powerful insight into the human psyche, someone smart and all that.

Definition of CHARISMA

: a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm for a public figure (as a political leader)

: a special magnetic charm or appeal <the charisma of a popular actor>

The definition of charisma seems to be Galad.

Galad: I do have a sense of humor, Gawyn, You only think I do not because I do not care to mock people.

As for insight into the human psyche... how usual is that in Randland? :P Galad is probably a lot better than average. He knew Elayne and Nynaeve were going to disobey him once he got them a boat, even though Nynaeve thought he couldn't possibly be that perceptive.

Ok well I don't really use definition number one, I was meaning charisma as in the fonze (sp?) and I'm on my iPhone so I was lazy with posting as doing things like editing.

Sorry also for disagreein so strongly I dunno why I care so much...

Also I'd further what I said about never using the number one definition there by saying look up the word chauvanist (sp?) - no one uses half the words definition, in fact I'd go as far as saying you used pedantry to argue against me and ignored the fact that overall galad is a bit dull.

I used the definition because I found myself unable to define what charisma really is. I suppose he is a bit dull but a funnier guy would be someone like Mat, and Berelain wouldn't even talk to him because he was too much like her. I guess she likes them that way (see Perrin too).

And I half expect to get totally screwed with this once the book comes out so while I hope a little I also doubt it.

I used the definition because I found myself unable to define what charisma really is. I suppose he is a bit dull but a funnier guy would be someone like Mat, and Berelain wouldn't even talk to him because he was too much like her. I guess she likes them that way (see Perrin too).

And I half expect to get totally screwed with this once the book comes out so while I hope a little I also doubt it.

The only charisma we've seen with Galad was with the Whitecloaks. Granted he's probably grown up since we last saw him in the company of women, but he was constantly poking around where he wasn't wanted, was socially awkward, and nobody liked him. His only redeeming feature was his looks. OTOH we've seen Gawyn's human side a lot more, especially when he was with Egwene.

Oh and I just want to go on the record saying No way no how does Egwene bond Galad in this or any other life time. Gawyn will be bonded by her right after she forces him to pull his head out of his arse.

Noted.

I'm on record as the creator of that theory, and I think I've got enough evidence in the books to show that it's valid.

I think it's going to happen.

That doesn't mean she cannot also bond Gawyn, or love him any less. I'm saying it's a political move.

I think Egwene might not only bond Gawyn, but she might marry him as well.

Remember that dream:(or was it a viewing?):

Down one path they'll end up together, down the other they won't.

Down one path he'll live a long life, down the other he'll die a violent death.

My guess is they'll get married and bonded, but he'll die a violent death anyway.

Galad however, WILL be linked to Egwene, we know that for sure. I believe that link will be a bond.

The only charisma we've seen with Galad was with the Whitecloaks. Granted he's probably grown up since we last saw him in the company of women, but he was constantly poking around where he wasn't wanted, was socially awkward, and nobody liked him. His only redeeming feature was his looks. OTOH we've seen Gawyn's human side a lot more, especially when he was with Egwene.

Poking around where Elayne didn't want him and nobody cared to inform him what was REALLY going on. All the times we think he's being annoying is when Elayne is really in peril from his point of view. Either in the company of an armed stranger on palace property or found in a very dangerous city, hiding with circus people! xD Elayne isn't only his sister but an important political person. I don't know what he was thinking with the Whitecloaks, but on the other hand Gawyn didn't exactly act any better. Socially awkward, perhaps. He uses reason a lot and some people think that is insulting. Also, the way he corrects Nynaeve about the name of the ship he seized in tFoH when she's yelling at him is borderline Vulcan behavior.

Egwene bonding Galad could happen I guess. But I haven't thought about it much. I won't dismiss anything since stuff rarely happens like you think it will.

EDIT: OK I said Berelain needs someone like Galad, but he needs someone like her more. If someone doesn't deserve the other it's Galad, because he's the weaker part here. Truly. He needs a woman who actually picks up on his invitations for once instead of being intimidated by his looks and smoothing her skirts eternally. If he's still a virgin it's because of this very reason. There probably is such a thing as being too pretty, and it's as bad as being ugly. Except you don't even get pity or attract desperate people :D

Poking around where Elayne didn't want him and nobody cared to inform him what was REALLY going on. All the times we think he's being annoying is when Elayne is really in peril from his point of view. Either in the company of an armed stranger on palace property or found in a very dangerous city, hiding with circus people! xD Elayne isn't only his sister but an important political person. I don't know what he was thinking with the Whitecloaks, but on the other hand Gawyn didn't exactly act any better. Socially awkward, perhaps. He uses reason a lot and some people think that is insulting. Also, the way he corrects Nynaeve about the name of the ship he seized in tFoH when she's yelling at him is borderline Vulcan behavior.

This is a really good point. Lots of older brothers of adventurous girls are thought of as overbearing or annoying, we just mainly see it from her perspective, not his.

Actually it says "snub up" and that has a different meaning. When I googled it it applied to tying horses to poles or fastening boats. That sounds much more promising. The translated book I have re-translates like "put in place".

Min: "Well she'll be snubbed up sooner or later...Just a man in white who will make her fall head over heels. Some women have no shame at all"

from thefreedictionary.com

tr.v. snubbed, snub·bing, snubs

1. To ignore or behave coldly toward; slight.

2. To dismiss, turn down, or frustrate the expectations of.

3. Nautical

a. To check the movement of (a rope or cable running out) by turning it quickly about a post or cleat.

b. To secure (a vessel, for example) in this manner.

4. To stub out (a cigarette, for example).

n.

1. A deliberate slight or affront.

2. Nautical A sudden checking, as of a rope or cable running out.

adj

I dont think the Nautical meaning applies here, but hey 17 days and we know for sure woohoo :)

I've seen it applied equally to boats and horses while googling the combination "snub up" (which always refers to tying up something, not dismissing). You all know RJ has used strange horse expressions in the past. :D

Here's one of the many hits: http://www.mail-archive.com/fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com/msg09138.html

I have old cowboys tell me I need a big pole, like telephone pole in the

middle of the round arena.

The pole in the center of a round pen or round corral was used to snub up a

"wild" horse after it was roped, so that they could get a saddle on it (usually

with the added help of a hind leg tied up). Then someone would mount this

snubbed and legged horse, and it would be turned loose so the rider could buck

him out. Part of the process of "breaking" a horse in the old west.

This is a horrible way of talking about an independent and politically skilled woman. Ugh... breaking. *shudders* Very well. I doubt it would get that graphic. I would think that she'd give up flirting with everyone if she wants a special someone, so the man in white would be a reason for her to change herself, not someone who shows up and changes HER against her will.

I've seen it applied equally to boats and horses while googling the combination "snub up" (which always refers to tying up something, not dismissing). You all know RJ has used strange horse expressions in the past. :D

Here's one of the many hits: http://www.mail-archive.com/fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com/msg09138.html

This is a horrible way of talking about an independent and politically skilled woman. Ugh... breaking. *shudders* Very well. I doubt it would get that graphic. I would think that she'd give up flirting with everyone if she wants a special someone, so the man in white would be a reason for her to change herself, not someone who shows up and changes HER against her will.

'Some women have no shame at all' - you know perhaps she likes to be tied up :P

Actually Min did see something that brought the above comment. It was originally thought that as wearing white was a 2R's funeral customer she would be

making plays for Perrin as a Widower. But I actually think your right, Min loves horses, so the MIW will reign her in so to speak, not reject her.

But given RJ's thing for pillowfriends, perhaps he's branching out into a little S&M haha :)

Here's one of the many hits: http://www.mail-arch...m/msg09138.html

Actually Min did see something that brought the above comment. It was originally thought that as wearing white was a 2R's funeral customer she would be

making plays for Perrin as a Widower. But I actually think your right, Min loves horses, so the MIW will reign her in so to speak, not reject her.

But given RJ's thing for pillowfriends, perhaps he's branching out into a little S&M haha :)

Heyyyy now... just cause the females like to play scissors with their unmentionables..

Archived