DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galad's PoV

Luckers

I would say Galad is a bad choice if she likes to be tied up, since he's clearly such a masochist. In both his PoVs he's submitted to take physical damage for a higher purpose. Perhaps a Rhuarc copy would be for the better in that case.

Nah really, I realize I took that train of thought a little too far. U__U But I still believe that it means she'll use her charms on one person in the near future. At least when he's looking.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the whole Perrin nonsense will end, but that was never really what it seemed to be.

I don't know what you think it was, but that was exactly what it seemed to be....

She wants Perrin because she can't have him and she thinks it'll be kinky.

From the interview database:

RJ also said Berelain is attracted to Perrin partly because he's the first man she wanted and couldn't get which is interesting, partly because he's buff, and partly because she thinks it'd be kinky to make it with a blacksmith.

Hopefully the whole Perrin nonsense will end, but that was never really what it seemed to be.

I don't know what you think it was, but that was exactly what it seemed to be....

She wants Perrin because she can't have him and she thinks it'll be kinky.

From the interview database:

RJ also said Berelain is attracted to Perrin partly because he's the first man she wanted and couldn't get which is interesting, partly because he's buff, and partly because she thinks it'd be kinky to make it with a blacksmith.

Huh. So if Galad say, "No, no, no time for that, I've got my Duty to think of", she'll glomp onto him and never let go?

The Galad PoV's for me have just compounded the fact that Elayne is a complete and utter moron. Although his chapter 2 PoV is annoyingly similar to Egwene's struggle in the tower so I'm glad that was kept short and sweet :D

See, I disagree with the fact that Elayne's a moron -- in /this/ case, anyway, she annoys me too. Galad is one of those people who border on 'Lawful Stupid', but only border. A relatively 'realistic' Lawful Stupid, and not what you normally see. Elayne's his sister, and he was basically just her brother, not doing much like what he's doing now, when she knew him. It makes sense she'd be annoyed with his 'What is right no matter what' attitude. It makes him an interesting character, but it'd be hell to live with.

Become King of Cairhien, simples! but seriously, for now I imagine it's just the resolution of the Perrin Whitecloak situation in a peaceful way, with them assimilating into his army to form his heavy infantry and heavy cavalry (admittedly he already has the winged guards and legion of the wall but thats only what 2000 men? the whitecloaks will bring a further 15,000!).

Galad will have to take the edge off his own philosophy and return a little to being human as so often is the case leaders will have to tell his guards to hop up a baby just to prove which woman is his mother. There is no black and White any longer - only in opposition or in reflection of ther decisions can one make mechanical principle lead choices over the long term. As a leader he will have to become more human, in turn he will have to let human emotions and thoughts back into his head. (maybe even go through puberty...)

A result of him having a more, let's say, realistic point of view will make the White cloaks have a more sensible out look too, as I'm a firm believer that the main drivers of large scale organisational culture management occur top-down. Yeah, that's make more White collar than White cloak but I think it will

I'm pretty sure that Galad can channel, and that if he goes under the question he will bust a cap in they a@@ as he seaks the void to maintain his sanity. maybe a flash of lightning; i'm even stirring about a power wrought sword like the one rand used to wield

I'm pretty sure that Galad can channel, and that if he goes under the question he will bust a cap in they a@@ as he seaks the void to maintain his sanity. maybe a flash of lightning; i'm even stirring about a power wrought sword like the one rand used to wield

Galad's too old already to have the natural ability to channel, but he could still perhaps learn to channel. not to mention the fact that he's already escaped the questioners. But we can still hope he can channel or he can always rely on simply busting a cap in they a@@'s.

Galad's too old already to have the natural ability to channel, but he could still perhaps learn to channel. not to mention the fact that he's already escaped the questioners. But we can still hope he can channel or he can always rely on simply busting a cap in they a@@'s.

I have a theory on learners abilities being unlocked. It would have happened during the cleansing of saidin. There is a specific part of the chapter when a brandy peddler is passing the giant SaAngreal. He is an old man, but he suddenly realizes that he can sense the globe in the hand of the giant statue.

I believe that this is due to the echo explained by Taim, when testing if a student has the ability to learn. He simply produces a flame near another man, and over a period of time, they wait for a sort of "echo" to be felt. I believe that this is the reason the peddler was able to sense the giant statue. The amount of power that rand channeled during this time was so massive that it was felt and echo'd by many men throughout the WoT universe.

I'm willing to bet that it almost always went unnoticed, the important thing for the peddler was that he was near the giant SA.

He went home and drank all that brandy himself after he realized he was seeing the male half of the one power at work inside that globe.

I'm not exactly sure how old Galad is, but he's not much older than Rand or Gawyn. Men get the spark anywhere between 16-26 and we already have some hints that Galad can channel - the whole duel scene with Eamon Valda. He's totally in the zone in a way we've only read through Rand POVs.

By the time he reached young Bornhald, he had achieved what Gareth and Henre had called the oneness.

Floating in emptiness, he drew his sword from the scabbard Bornhald proffered, and the slightly curved blade became a part of him.

“What did he say?” Dain asked. “For a moment there, your face was murderous.”

Byar gripped Dain’s arm. “Don’t distract him,” he muttered.

Galad was not distracted. Every creak of saddle leather was clear and distinct, every

ringing stamp of hoof on paving stone. He could hear flies buzzing ten feet away as

though they were at his ear. He almost thought he could see the movements of their

wings. He was one with the flies, with the courtyard, with the two men. They were all

part of him, and he could not be distracted by himself.

That mirrors every description we've ever had of a male or female channeler when they embrace the source. I hadn't even thought of or heard about this a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure Galad will end up being able to channel. This would really bind the WC because they consider anyone who channels to be a DF, even if they are willing to ally themselves to "Fight the raven." Beyond that he has a direct and possibly only current relative (Rand) can channel. Wouldn't that be a sweet way to bond as half-brothers?

Rand: Hey, you know I'm half Aiel. Pretty badass huh? My dad was a stone cold warrior, but my mom was some blonde chick from Andor. Apparently some AS told her to book it about 22 years ago.

Galad: You're talking about my mom.

Rand: Relax dude. I'm not trying to offend you.

Galad: No that was Tigraine. She was literally my mother. Morgase was my step mom. Sweet not only are we awesome blademasters, but we're actual brothers too! Elayne and Gawyn were starting to annoy me with all their stupid shit. Gawyn won't kill a brother of mine!

Rand: Yeah we should totally spar (Even though I only have one hand). Let me get in the zone where I get hypersensitive to everything so I can beat you.

Galad: Wow I thought I was the only one who could do that.

Rand: Hmmm, you can channel. Let's get you a black coat. I'd have Haslin teach you the sword, but a) you're better than him and b) he's passed out drunk in a ditch.

I'm not exactly sure how old Galad is, but he's not much older than Rand or Gawyn. Men get the spark anywhere between 16-26 and we already have some hints that Galad can channel - the whole duel scene with Eamon Valda. He's totally in the zone in a way we've only read through Rand POVs.

By the time he reached young Bornhald, he had achieved what Gareth and Henre had called the oneness.

Floating in emptiness, he drew his sword from the scabbard Bornhald proffered, and the slightly curved blade became a part of him.

“What did he say?” Dain asked. “For a moment there, your face was murderous.”

Byar gripped Dain’s arm. “Don’t distract him,” he muttered.

Galad was not distracted. Every creak of saddle leather was clear and distinct, every

ringing stamp of hoof on paving stone. He could hear flies buzzing ten feet away as

though they were at his ear. He almost thought he could see the movements of their

wings. He was one with the flies, with the courtyard, with the two men. They were all

part of him, and he could not be distracted by himself.

That mirrors every description we've ever had of a male or female channeler when they embrace the source. I hadn't even thought of or heard about this a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure Galad will end up being able to channel. This would really bind the WC because they consider anyone who channels to be a DF, even if they are willing to ally themselves to "Fight the raven." Beyond that he has a direct and possibly only current relative (Rand) can channel. Wouldn't that be a sweet way to bond as half-brothers?

Rand: Hey, you know I'm half Aiel. Pretty badass huh? My dad was a stone cold warrior, but my mom was some blonde chick from Andor. Apparently some AS told her to book it about 22 years ago.

Galad: You're talking about my mom.

Rand: Relax dude. I'm not trying to offend you.

Galad: No that was Tigraine. She was literally my mother. Morgase was my step mom. Sweet not only are we awesome blademasters, but we're actual brothers too! Elayne and Gawyn were starting to annoy me with all their stupid shit. Gawyn won't kill a brother of mine!

Rand: Yeah we should totally spar (Even though I only have one hand). Let me get in the zone where I get hypersensitive to everything so I can beat you.

Galad: Wow I thought I was the only one who could do that.

Rand: Hmmm, you can channel. Let's get you a black coat. I'd have Haslin teach you the sword, but a) you're better than him and b) he's passed out drunk in a ditch.

I completely agree, that's pretty much the rest of my argument about galad. I believe that he doesn't have the spark, but I did give evidence before that would support him being able to learn, and how it would have manifested.

Tigraine left a yound son in Andor when she went to the Aiel (lets assume this means Galad is maybe 6 months to a year old) Tigraine spent two years I believe in Aiel company before dying on Dragonmount, so that would make Galad 2.5 to 3 years older than Rand. Rand Is currently 22 so Galad is perhaps 24-25 if my assumtions are correct. That would put him in your range for channeling, can anyone find a quote as to the max age for male channelers to show the spark?

While I am indiffrent on the subject of Galad=Channeling. I dont really care one way or the other. Him using the Void is hardly evidence.

While it is a trait shared by channelers, blademasters and non-channelers use it. Lan does, and most of the other blademasters. It is not an indicator of channeling at all.

Non channelers use it, but don't experience the complete absence of feelings and thoughts, and experience the slowing of time to the extent of time that Galad, and other channelers do.

That basically is the void....

They experience the same thing.... Not sure where you got that from

Archived