DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galad's PoV

Luckers

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple things I really liked about this:

1. Of all the people to put under the Question and actually NOT break, I think Galad is the perfect choice. It is IMPOSSIBLE for him to do the wrong thing NO MATTER WHAT. So, he won't be able to like, even under the WORST QUESTIONING!

Sorry, not shouting, just really excited about that idea and too lazy to hit the "bold" button.

2. Like in the Borderlands scene in Kandor, I like how the "goodness" of people was mentioned several times by Galad. The good will win. Even though I've come to loath the Whitecloaks, Galad recognizes goodness and good intentions in all of them (even most of the Questioners). I really like this about Galad's character in this scene.

After reading the Galad's PoV I thought of something. We all assumed Perrin would find out about Morgase because Galad see's her and speaks up. But, I thought maybe what happens is Trom and company meet with Perrin and tells him about Galad being in the hands of the Questioners.

Morgase loves Galad as much as she loves her son and daughter. I think she'll reveal herself to get Perrin to help Galad.

After reading the Galad's PoV I thought of something. We all assumed Perrin would find out about Morgase because Galad see's her and speaks up. But, I thought maybe what happens is Trom and company meet with Perrin and tells him about Galad being in the hands of the Questioners.

Morgase loves Galad as much as she loves her son and daughter. I think she'll reveal herself to get Perrin to help Galad.

That's interesting. I do like this theory.

If you're wrong my money's on Tam, we have not seen those two meet and he is the only source I can think of for her to know the Two Rivers Accent, though the knowledge may come from a different village.

If you're wrong my money's on Tam, we have not seen those two meet and he is the only source I can think of for her to know the Two Rivers Accent, though the knowledge may come from a different village.

Yeah, I was thinking as I read the Galad part that it was slightly anti-climactic if we already knew he would end up meeting with Perrin, etc. But then I started thinking and, was that ever explicitly revealed in tGS or was it just an assumption since Tam mentioned "the queen" so we assumed that Galad must have revealed her?

View Postalgspkr, on 22 September 2010 - 03:51 AM, said:

View PostKaznen, on 21 September 2010 - 11:38 PM, said:

Yeah, I was thinking as I read the Galad part that it was slightly anti-climactic if we already knew he would end up meeting with Perrin, etc. But then I started thinking and, was that ever explicitly revealed in tGS or was it just an assumption since Tam mentioned "the queen" so we assumed that Galad must have revealed her?

I think that Rand saw Perrin with a whitecloak, but I don't think it was ever specifically mentioned as Galad. I'm not real sure though.

As for the scouts that betrayed Galad and his troops to the others, those people could never be accepted by Galad's units. Hell, if I was on the other side, I still wouldn't accept those people. Once betrayed, can betray again. Those scouts' words are forever tarnished. I remember in LoC that Mat paid good money for the scouts. He said that he would hang the scout if his word was false. I hope that is what happens to those scouts that betrayed Galad.

I would be pretty surprised if there are not DFs among the questioners. I always thought some of them seemed a little too fervent in their desire to torture people, seems like a good place for a DF to hide and stir up trouble. I've wondered about Asinawa...

I think Asunawa is cousin to Masema, in terms of madness born from madness.

@TreeJoe

yeah that could be true. I have to wonder about the madness of Masema tho too now. How far back was he receiving revelations, and maybe compulsions, from the impostor Dragon? Back when Perrin first confronted him in PoD he was spouting the Word of the Lord Dragon as if he had gotten straight from the horse's, er...dragon's, mouth.

I could see Asunawa for sure tho as being corrupted by the power of his position, tho I still think there are DFs in his ranks.

On a side note, I've been wanting one of the good guys (maybe Perrin or Galad), when in an argument with one of the overzealous White Cloaks like Byar or Asunawa, to use the phrase "You Light-blinded fool!"

I would be pretty surprised if there are not DFs among the questioners. I always thought some of them seemed a little too fervent in their desire to torture people, seems like a good place for a DF to hide and stir up trouble. I've wondered about Asinawa...

Jaichim was a high ranking Questioner that was a darkfriend wasn't he?

View Postalgspkr, on 22 September 2010 - 03:51 AM, said:

View PostKaznen, on 21 September 2010 - 11:38 PM, said:

I think that Rand saw Perrin with a whitecloak, but I don't think it was ever specifically mentioned as Galad. I'm not real sure though.

Actually it was confirmed to be Galad. The exact quote, "The colors swirled before his eyes, revealing an image of Perrin standing by a tent with Galad. Why was Perrin with Galad of all people? And when had Elayne's half-brother joined the Whitecloaks?" Comes from TGS, Chapter 31, "A Promise to Lews Therin"

I believe there was a scene in A Crown of Swords or Lord of Chaos from Asunawa's point of view that proves he is NOT a darkfriend. I think he's more of a dupe of darkfriends seemingly working under him. I'm actually drawing this connection: Asunawa is to Galad as Elaida is to Egwene. As somebody said there must be df's among the questioners, I second it wholeheartedly. The questioners tarnish the reputation of the Children, just like the Red Ajah tarnishes the name of the Aes Sedai, and that reeks of df involvement.

This certainly raises some uncertainties between now and Rand's glimpse in TGS.

1) How will Perrin and Galad meet then?

2) If Perrin helps the whitecloaks free Galad, what will happen with Bornhald and Byar, who accuse him of being a darkfriend/shadowspawn? Their knowledge of the Seanchan might change their view of him, but I doubt it. I also doubt this scenario for this reason, as the whitecloaks likely wouldn't ask for Perrin Aybara's help, and why would Perrin save a Whitecloak leader, unless the Morgase/Galad connection changes stuff.

3) Will Perrin's people get into a skirmish with Asunawa's people and free Galad, thinking him a wrongfully accused prisoner of the Q's? This is possible because Rand's view doesn't mention a group of Whitecloaks (which we all assumed before Galad got captured), and the motives would certainly be there for that situation to pan out.

I too am wondering how this will go. Even if Galad converts the other Lord Captains through his stoic resistance to torture and mastery of the Children's theology there is the problem of the 6-8,000 Seanchan with the army. The Whitecloak factions together outnumber them but not by enough to make it an easy battle. There definitely seems to necessitate some kind of outside catalyst, in the form of either Perrin or an attack by Shadowspawn. There parallels to Egwene's struggle seem too close though.

I believe there was a scene in A Crown of Swords or Lord of Chaos from Asunawa's point of view that proves he is NOT a darkfriend. I think he's more of a dupe of darkfriends seemingly working under him. I'm actually drawing this connection: Asunawa is to Galad as Elaida is to Egwene. As somebody said there must be df's among the questioners, I second it wholeheartedly. The questioners tarnish the reputation of the Children, just like the Red Ajah tarnishes the name of the Aes Sedai, and that reeks of df involvement.

Asunawa is like Thevara or these Seanchan questioners: bad guys, but non darkfriends. Anyway the Whitecloaks as a whole are depicted as bad guys in the WoT universe (they're pretty much despised all other Randland, it's not just between them and Aes Sedai) and Galad is here to lead them to redemption and show that not all of them are rotten like Asunawa or Eamon valda. Asunwa being Galad's Elaida is a pretty good analogy.

Asunawa is like Thevara or these Seanchan questioners: bad guys, but non darkfriends. Anyway the Whitecloaks as a whole are depicted as bad guys in the WoT universe (they're pretty much despised all other Randland, it's not just between them and Aes Sedai) and Galad is here to lead them to redemption and show that not all of them are rotten like Asunawa or Eamon valda. Asunwa being Galad's Elaida is a pretty good analogy.

I wouldn't be so fast to aquit Asuwana of being a DF. He has a lot of really questionable actions to account for. The least of these is lying about Galad, to his face about what happened in the Trial under the Light. Seeing the Dragon's Fang on hos forehead and such. He could just be power hungry, I suppose.

There is another question that I have had sinse Winters Heart. Why did was Valda assaulted by the smell of a midden while walking toward the hut that Asuana was using? If I remember right, Valda felt a warm breeze and then the smell hit him. The smell was very strong. This is very strange. Smells are washed out by the cold, so that must have been a strong smell. Could this have been caused by a gateway opening from the Blight. This scene takes place shortly after Mat's near assasination by Aiel, delivered by gateaway.

I wouldn't be so fast to aquit Asuwana of being a DF. He has a lot of really questionable actions to account for. The least of these is lying about Galad, to his face about what happened in the Trial under the Light. Seeing the Dragon's Fang on hos forehead and such. He could just be power hungry, I suppose.

There is another question that I have had sinse Winters Heart. Why did was Valda assaulted by the smell of a midden while walking toward the hut that Asuana was using? If I remember right, Valda felt a warm breeze and then the smell hit him. The smell was very strong. This is very strange. Smells are washed out by the cold, so that must have been a strong smell. Could this have been caused by a gateway opening from the Blight. This scene takes place shortly after Mat's near assasination by Aiel, delivered by gateaway.

It's definitely possible that Asunawa is under compulsion by Moridin or one of his minions. That doesn't make him a darkfriend though.

I'm kind of wanting to see what will happen to Galad when he finds out that Morgase is alive. Afterall, the whole duel under the light thing was about the alleged rape and murder of Morgase.

If news of her being alive reaches them while Galad is being Questioned.... Asunawa will just take it as more proof that Galad is a DarkFriend. Galad will have to question all the philosophy of the Children - as he said, the Light would not let a false accusation stand.

I was under the impression that Galas issued the challenge due to Morgase's rape. Therefore, it was still a valid challenge... Not with my books so cannot verify at this time however.

Vayna

The Lord Captain Comander admited that he Raped Morgase before the duel started, to try to make Galad angery so his emotions would rule him and the Lord Captain Comander would have an easier time killing Galad.

Archived