DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia] The Lies of Locke Lamora - GAME ON (Night 4)

el Nynaeve

I'm happy to have you aboard Lia!  8)

Although Aust, let me think about that....wasn't expecting offers to come so soon from anyone else. Lets give it a a day or two kewl? For all I know you could be on Lia's faction and that might tip the scales of balance.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't quite follow your logic there, Kara. If they were on the same team there would be no reason for him to offer an alliance as you have already made one with Lia. Unless of course this is just a clever ploy to make people think that you and Lia are on different teams.

Hey no worries there Kara - you threw it out there so I thought I'd take a chance, and an alliance of just two sounded like it would be easily targeted either by NK's or a lynch.

And Aemon - you and I agree on something!!!! LOL!

If they were on the same team there would be no reason for him to offer an alliance as you have already made one with Lia. Unless of course this is just a clever ploy to make people think that you and Lia are on different teams.

Yes - it wouldn't make sense for Lia and I to be on the same team.

Anyhow, it seems you've placed yourself at some peril Aemon, but also handed us some clues - it will be interesting to see what comes of that.

Sounds good to me!!! It will be nice to not be killing each other for a change!  ;D

I'm happy to swing your way for a vote, but I'm guessing there are only a few NK'ers floating around - should we pass up the opportunity to lynch someone who seems to be confirmed as a killer?

Interesting proposals flying about...

And it seems I'm always ignored. :(

Does one not realize that by making alliances, you must require the whole team to agree, as the whole team may (and most likely will) end up exposed?

If that happens too soon, who cares if only two groups are at a sort of voting peace, the rest will simply tear up that group.

Alliances must be made BIG! And yet, they must preserve the integrity of the game by not exposing every player's role so quickly. I find mass reveals, which this would be in a sense, lame in the beginning.

Now...Neither the Mod nor "dead" Aemon has confirmed anything about the death note thing...don't suppose any of Aemon's old team member's could give it a go.

Even though revealing would suck, it could help us on that issue.

I promise I won't try to lead a lynch on you!

*crosses fingers*

:D

Thats just it, its an alliance with me. Now if I had an alliance with many people, how do I know they arent on the same team and joinning the alliance under the ruse of self protection? A 1 on 1 alliance is perfectly balanced with no surprises of hidden teams. What I suggested was clearly just 'I'll watch your back if you watch mine'. Why wouldn't it make sense for Lia and Aust to be on the same team? Did I miss something?  ??? *is new afterall*

Hmm, you do make some sense about mass reveals tho Ed.

Not likely that they'd be on the same team. That'd be like character revealing, and I know neither Lia nor Aust would both alliance with you and be on the same team. That be like throwing your entire team under the bus, saying "look at us! an entire team waiting to be nked!" Just a little input... *goes back to msn*

Interesting proposals flying about...

And it seems I'm always ignored. :(

Does one not realize that by making alliances, you must require the whole team to agree, as the whole team may (and most likely will) end up exposed?

Oh Edward, you're such a wet-towel.

It's day two, we have some good activity going, and truly - we're all feeling our way in the dark a little bit with this game, so there is going to be a little bit of trial and error. I don't think anyone can say definitively at this point that "this is the thing to do and this is what we must not do".

I also don't see any reason why making an alliance would suddenly lead to exposing an entire team and a mass reveal of every player's role! Heavens, next we'll all be taking off our clothes and dancing naked!! (that would be an ENTIRELY different kind of game then, wouldn't it??)

Anyhow, I hope I didn't come across as ignoring you - I did read your posts. I do find it interesting that you're skeptical of the deceased Aemon's ghost's claim that Adella killed him (not to be confused with the alive Aemon, or A2.0 for short ;) ). Can you tell me more of your thoughts on this?

My main concern has been that Elli never said if that was his note. A mod claraficiation would be wonderful.

And Lia, I would be happy voting for her if that is the "death note"....don't try and bait me to do things! :P

Now...for all those who went o_O at Eddie and his talk of teams being revealed.

Let us assume Aust and Lia are on seperate teams (they could already be on a team and doing this so they can work together openly without fear...WIFOM ftw).

Aust is Group 1 and Lia is Group 2.

They have their ties to their team first and foremost, as that is the setup of this game.

Bob, also in Group 1 starts racking up the votes! :o Oh noes. What's Aust to do for the poor fellow?

WAIT!!! He has an alliance with our lovely Lia! Well, Aust drops a hint to Lia to have her and her team back off Bob...all of a sudden...we see a few people taking their votes off him for whatever reason.

Now, we can most likely figure those who didn't have a vote on Bob have a chance of being part of Group 1.

And those who unvoted have a high chance of being in Group 2.

Savvy?

Thats if they want to be that obvious! Just because one chooses to ally themselves with one person, doesn't mean their whole team will follow. The thing will come if one that you go into an alliance with chooses one of your team members to vote. Unless of course there are traitors out there ;)

I would say that Aemon is now on a Adella, hence the reason for trying to make an alliance and to get people to vote for someone other than Adella!

As far as I (and my team) are concerned, only I am allied with Kara. Meaning they will make their own choices whether they want to be obvious and "out" themselves by backing off one of his teammates or not. The point is to hide your teams just as much as anything, because otherwise team members will be targeted so a team is taken out. It defeats the purpose if you're obvious. You may have to sacrifice a teammate in order to keep the team as a whole in the game by *not* being obvious about voting or unvoting for them.

Yes. I get that. That is all and well to hide them in that part of the scenario. Screw his team, you only have an alliance with HIM, right? I feel the love! :D

And what if Kara votes one of your teammates with the rest of the people? You just let him? I mean, he only has an alliance with YOU, right?

*nods*

Just trying to comprehend all this. :P

Heavens, next we'll all be taking off our clothes and dancing naked!! (that would be an ENTIRELY different kind of game then, wouldn't it??)

That would be supremely amusing to say the least. ;D

My main concern has been that Elli never said if that was his note. A mod claraficiation would be wonderful.

Yes, that was Aemon's death note.

Vote Count:

Kara(1) - Aemon

Aemon(1) - Karasayl

Adella(3) - Talya, Aust, Lia

No Vote(12) - Adella, Locke, Meesh, Wombat, Amadine, StringWinder, mcs, CJS, alannalynn, AndrewLee, ed

Deadline is Thursday 29 July 4:30 pm BST. It takes 9 to lynch

I'm saying it is their decision :P Their risk. If they want to take the risk of being figured out, they can. I am saying I am not making promises from my team, I'm making them for me. Will my team follow? No idea. I'm sure my alliance partner understands that the point of our alliance is not to oust our teams and all get killed off :P

I really don't want to end day with a no lynch, and being that I'm leaving in a moment, I think the safe vote is [glow=red,2,300]Adella[/glow]. Getting rid of any potential nks, right? If she didn't have a nk, okay well that's another opponent down, if she did, well that's less people trying to kill everyone. Win-win situation there. :) Now I'm off to go swimming in my friend's neighbor's pool!

Archived