DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia] The Lies of Locke Lamora - GAME ON (Night 4)

el Nynaeve

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Locke, can't bandwagon on yourself... If it makes you feel any better, I'm not voting for you! :P

It does. *huggles the non-vote* :D

Bad people, trying to lynch a poor cute boy like me....

:D

Aemon's an LLL.  We're actually on the same team.

Oi, I'm here. Been kinda preoccupied of late so haven't made any contribution to activity. >.<  Well, much as I love Locke and would like to play any game with him more than just a phase or 2, finding out 2 people on the same team this early on is fortunate. We should get rid of Aemon and Locke first thing.

After a day spent arguing and accomplishing little, you all retire to bed. Most get a restful night's sleep, except for a few with murder on their minds......

Dawn breaks over the city and you come out of your respective rooms in the tavern where you are staying. There is a strange, metallic smell filling the hallway on the fourth floor. Curious, but still slightly sleepy, everyone makes their various ways to the door of one of the rooms, from underneath which a pool of blood is seeping. You open the door to discover a blood-spattered, but empty of a body. Wandering over to the window, you lean out and see the broken, bloody corpse of Tigraine. While you are all wondering what the purpose was in throwing the body out of the window, you are startled by a piercing scream from one of the tavern maids. Running up to the top floor you open the last door to see Aemon's body on the floor, eyes wide open with two large puncture marks to the neck. As one of you bends over to check that he really is dead, you discover a piece of paper clutched in his hand, covered in his shaky scrawl. It has clearly been written in his death throes and you spend the next few moments reading the note.

Tigraine (The Spider), a Midnighter Spy, has been killed.

Aemon (Capa Vencarlo Barsavi), a Right Person Mason, has been killed.

It is now Day 2. There are 16 left, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is Thursday 29 July 4:30 pm BST

She killed me. All this time I thought we were friends and now this. The betrayal. Then again, what can you expect from someone who goes out with a leg-humping monkey? The humanity. I should have seen this coming. I should have been prepared.

And now I linger here until death sees fit to take me. Will my spirit never be free to move on to other realms? Must I, perchance, seek vengeance on those that have wronged me before my own judgment may be passed? I fear I shall not be able to give you these answers, as once I have left these earthly shores I shall no longer be permitted to return. I bid thee farewell, my dear friends and worthy foes. I expect that we shall meet again in the afterlife that we might replay our old battles and festivities.

The end of me has come so suddenly that there is little doubt I shall be forgotten in the grand scheme of things. This is not altogether as uncomfortable a thought as it might have once been, for I have recently realized that, in time, we are all forgotten in death. Only a very few are exempted from this relegation to darkness of oblivion, namely the mythical figures that have changed the world for good or bad. Their deeds have been altered and in many cases fabricated. They have been made to seem saints or devils. The truth is that they were all just people. People who had a vision of the world and acted upon it.

I do not presume to place myself in that pantheon of immortals. I know that while I mean the world to my family, the world at large is generally ignorant of my existence. In many ways this is a blessing. Looking at the people that have attained the dubiously envious position of having the world’s attention, I fear they are not as happy as we might think. Their lives have been turned into the plaything of the very people who claim to worship them. Every word they say is analyzed and searched for hidden meanings.

I realize this letter is going nowhere, yet I must admit that rambling on like this from topic to topic is actually a refreshing experience for me. The ability to just throw out thoughts and ideas with no rhyme or reason, simply following the path of thought as it twists and turns through the tangled woods of the mind is a remarkably enjoyable experience. Liberating is a good word to describe this short ramble.

And now my time has come. I can see the figures beckoning me from beyond. I must leave you now, my friends. Until we meet again…

BAH!!

:o

wow...Capa and the Spider?!?!

Two big characters in the book! (though, I am not even half way through with it :D)

And was that his note?

And why would anyone announce they are on a team so soon...*suspicious of Locke still*

*Pokes Meesh* Interesting timing. :D :P

Oh and for anyone who missed the reference... Ed is the leg-humping monkey - so it seems Aemon is saying that Adella killed him. Interesting that he's permitted to reveal such things. I wonder if Tigs also has a parting missive for us?

Archived