DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Greyback licked his teeth as he approached his next victim; it had been awhile since he was allowed to attack.  Keeping to the shadows, it was easy enough to stalk the unassuming dunces that wandered the halls of Hogwarts, so many tasty people to sink his teeth into.

Yet today he was big game hunting, and the excitement of the chase thrilled him to no end.  He knew the Dumbledore was no easy prey, so Greyback played it safe; following from a safe distance and waiting for the opportune time to pounce.  He had no clue where the headmaster was going, yet each corridor was emptier as they continued their walk through Hogwarts.

Finally the old fool stopped, leaning his head to the side as if listening for something, he nodded his head slightly then turned slowly; blue eyes pierced the darkness and he stared right at Greyback, who froze and held his breath.  Dumbledore was an opposing force to face, he had an air around him that radiated not only power but also accomplishment and knowledge; he appeared to be frowning, though his blue eyes twinkled behind the half moon spectacles.

“Fenrir, I know you’re there; why not come out of the shadows and tell me why you’ve been following me all day.”

Greybacks’ nose twitched irritably, like a dog sniffing a scent it didn’t like; putting on a fierce wolfish grin to expose his sharp teeth, Greyback took one step forward into the light.  He was disappointed in the lack of response his appearance had in Dumbledore, normally people recoiled and shied away at the sight of him.  Dumbledore only raised an eyebrow, taking in the matted main of hair, the sunken waxy features, the yellow teeth and the blood stains under Grey backs pointed fingernails and tattered dirty clothes.

Being defiant in nature, Greyback stared Dumbledore in the eyes; he didn’t notice that Dumbledores hand had moved swiftly to the cloak pocket, nor did he see the tiny black horn like thing scuttle quietly across the floor and behind Greyback.  The silence between them remained; finally the werewolf broke it with his gruff voice.

“To put it bluntly, to kill you Dumbledore.  Noting personal.”

Dumbledore’s eyebrows raised and a brief smile twitched on his lips, his eyes twinkled brightly in the reflected sun.

“And you think you can kill me Fenrir?”

Greyback shrugged, “Worth a try, aint it?  After all, I have a special set of skills you might say.”

Dumbledore gave him a flat look, at that time the Decoy Detonator he had slipped out of his pocket went off a few feet behind Greyback; sparks, buzzes, whirls and booms echoing through the corridor.  Greyback jumped around, wand in one hand and his other raised like a claw; it only took him a second to realize it was a distraction and not attack, yet when he turned around it was to late.  Dumbledore had escaped, no sign of were he might have gone.  Greyback let out a string of curses and walked over to the Decoy Detonator, stomping on it a few times.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, so the bad guy of the bad guys.  Well that would be a hard role to have. 

Anyway it's good for the town.  You mathematics guys, how many mafia would you say are left? 

A normal game setup would have about 25% mafia.  Maybe up to 33%, but that would include other bad roles, such as a SK or other solo roles.  If there are more than 1 mafia (which has been suggested here), then perhaps a small amount of mafia due to multiple NKs.

So...a 25% mafia amount sounds about right to me.  With around 40 players, that would be 10.  With about 4 mafia down, that would leave about 6.  Please don't quote me on that - just math.

Deadline is tomorrow

Deadline

Thursday, July 1st @ 1pm; 22 alive, 12 to lynch

Vote Count

Player(1): Pookie

No Vote (21): Boopsy, Crusher, Taei, Thorum, Jeran, Dar, Tayla, Alanna, Elli, Wombat, Verbal, Krak, Tigs, Lia, Dah, Mottlee, Som1, Player, Pankh, Wolfie, rojano

Sorry I've been pressed for time to post this week and now we have house guests arriving tonight and a wedding this weekend.  Don't be surprised if I don't post much.

So what I can remember we have that might be suspicious is:

Player - from what Pookie pointed out (and I think others have before) - the roleblock night mix up.  Kind of WIFOMy at best.

Some1 - had been drawing suspicion early (I haven't been able to re-read yet so I forget the details.) The suspicions were forgotten when finders (and alleged finders :P) started coming out with other results AND since then he has disappeared.

rojano - I had low level suspicions of him before.  I called him out on a bandwagon vote and he instantly vanished never to be seen again.  YET he hasn't had his name crossed out on Red's vote counts.  Early on in the game inactives were dropping like flies, but not now when even more activity was to be expected from players (according to a post Red made somewhere).  Makes me think even more that he is scummy.

I'll go with [glow=red,2,300]rojano[/glow] for now. 

I'm going to have to agree with Thorum for a moment and say [glow=red,2,300]Player[/glow]. Because he was contradicting himself from earlier in the thread. How you can say that you were blocked and then say later that you didn't do anything, well it's either one or the other, not both.

Deadline

Thursday, July 1st @ 1pm; 22 alive, 12 to lynch

Vote Count

Player(4): Pookie, Thorum, Taei, Verbal

Rojano(1): Jeran

No Vote (17): Boopsy, Crusher, Dar, Tayla, Alanna, Elli, Wombat, Krak, Tigs, Lia, Dah, Mottlee, Som1, Player, Pankh, Wolfie, rojano

I'm a bit frustrated because I haven't had a chance yet to review the entire game again after our forced "vacation."  Because of that, I'm at a loss who to vote for.  I'm hoping I have time to review tonight though I probably won't get home until 8 p.m. (or later).  I will admit to having been suspicious of player previously, though at the moment I can't recall why . . . hence my need for review. 

Speaking of Harry Potter, my husband bought me Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 for the Wii last night!  I just wish I had time to play it . . .  :P

Sure, come on over!  (Hmmm . . . maybe you'd let something slip about this game . . . LOL!)  ;D

I confess I did play it for about 30 minutes last night . . .  Oh, and we have 2 controllers so you won't need yours. ;)  What time should I expect you?  Remember, it'll have to be after 8.  I'm thinking you'll have a pretty long drive so that might work out!  LOL!

Daruya I look forward to your thoughts.  Player seems like an ok vote but Im interested in what you have to say.  Im also a fan of the wii except for the Wii fit.  I did the part where it weighs you.  Told me... "Only one person at a time please." 

What exactly are YOUR thoughts, Crusher?  I don't think I've heard much from you this game - kinda...you know....just floating along with the breeze.  Like....you know.....scum would do.

Thoughts?

At first I thought that maybe Aemon had a roleblocker on his team who had actually blocked Player.  Roleblockers are almost as often scum as town in my experience.  That scheme would be much less risky than outing one of your teammates in order to try to save yourself.  However, Aemon was very confident that Player would confirm his roleblock.  If Aemon weren't working with Player and had had someone on his team block him, then I don't think he would have been as confident.  What if Player was vanilla/squib or had a passive ability?  What if he didn't want to confirm that he had a night action and therefore wouldn't confirm Aemon's team's roleblocking?  Add to this the confusion over exactly what night Player was allegedly blocked and I think we have a botched mafia ploy to save Aemon, or failing that, make Player seem the innocent victim of a scum design.

[glow=red,2,300]Player[/glow]

Edit for Verbal:  It's not like you're a shining beacon of activity yourself.

What exactly are YOUR thoughts, Crusher?  I don't think I've heard much from you this game - kinda...you know....just floating along with the breeze.  Like....you know.....scum would do.

Thoughts?

Truth is no reason to hide who I am.  Im Dumbledorf and I had an attempt on my life just a bit back so Im assuming the scums know who I am.  I have people that can vouch for me.  I was interested in Daryua because she sorta defended Rose in the "Im not defedning her but... sorta way right before I threw Rose to the spiders. 

I questioned the vote on Rose because (for some reason) I didn't think a mafia viewer would reveal.  Shows how much I know!  Actually, now that I think about it, they're a safer reveal than a Town reveal because they (mafia) all know each other and won't (typically) target each other.

Still haven't had a chance to review yet.  We didn't get home from the barn till nearly 9 and then we had to eat a late supper . . .  I'm hoping I have a chance to do so tomorrow before the deadline -- maybe during lunch.

Edit for Verbal:  It's not like you're a shining beacon of activity yourself.

This made me giggle a bit.

Also, I've having problems with Dm. It keeps eating my posts. *sighs*

Anyway... I've not had a chance to reread yet, so I am not too keen on voting anyone. Just so ya know... I'm on a Mason team with Dumby *points to Crusher* so I can verify what he says. And also Taei. We're the Potter Power people. *lol* So... yeah. *bounces* I didn't wanna reveal earlier coz I made that boo-boo with Pete and was afraid I'd incrimate the others... but now that I managed to catch Rose in action... Buagagaggaa. Potter poweris back.

Also... Crusher is one of the most hilarious people I've met on DM. I just thought I'd say that. *lol* Arentyouacweverwittledumbypoo, yesyouareyesyouare. *scratches crusher's chin*

Archived