DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Okay I'm on my break at work and have time for a REALLY quick post.

First, I've been busy with the holiday and my manager has been on vacation so I have been working a lot, on top of not staying at home. That being said, I have been following closely, I just don't post a lot from my phone.

Also, I was (silently) wondering if something had happened to Mynd or if it was just a trick. I will wait for more from him. I'm expecting an amazing post from him tho lol.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's an interesting development.  I've been fighting a horrid headache for 3 days (and it's still hanging around today), so only just made it through the last heaven knows how many pages.  Finding we just restarted Day 1 was quite a surprise; it's not something I've seen in the few other games I've played.  I haven't seen freezing before either, for that matter.

Anyway, I'm curious as to Pete's claims that I made him suspicious with my comments, especially considering he voted for me originally based solely on my position on the list (#11) and when you consider I've actually said very little in these 30-some-odd pages (and what little I have said has been erroneously analyzed to a fault! LOL!).  Yes, Pete is pinging my radar pretty heavily but that might just be my headache pounding.  Since we've reset and it's the beginning Day 1 again, I'm going to observe a bit longer before casting a vote (even though I came here just now to vote before the 2 p.m. original Day 1 deadline so I wouldn't miss the voting altogether).

Here comes a marathon version of the typical Ye Ole Mynd's marathon post.  Please try to stay with me in that I am doing 5 days worth of snooping in one post, but I promise I will try to make it as entertaining as it is informative.  I also understand that a lot of these points have already been made by others, but here we go.....

Mynd (13): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Amadine, Pete, Locke, rojano, Player, Krak, Boopsy, Thorum, Wombat

Thorum(8 ): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Tigs, Wolfie

Above, you see the Tale of Two Bandwagons.  One was somewhat reasonable at first, while the other was trumped up, but we can thank a sweet little muggle that neither took place. 

On this whole business with Thorum and Amadine, I think we can put it to rest.  While I still disagree with the whole "Hey, I'm a miller, and she's a miller too" gambit so early in the game, I have not seen anyone counterclaim Sirus Black nor Dungus, and both fit the role of a miller, especially Black.  I was actually pondering on who to switch my vote to when I was put on ICE!

Which leads me to the other lynch....the trumped up one on me.  Now, before I go ranting and finger wagging, let me first point out that I have somewhat revealed my character way back in my first couple of posts, to the trained eye.  As far as my ability, well we definitely want to see what happens tonight.  Also, I have been using the term "town" instead of innocent.  That should also be a major hint to those who know what I mean.  Those who don't know what I am talking about, are not for the town!  Savvy?  ;)

Ok, Dah'mir was the first to vote me, under the blanket of the usual Day 1 is sooooo random garbage that everyone seems to believe in, but he changes his tune later on.  While his initial vote on me is not that scummy, he gets dirtier later on.

I've played some Mafia games with him. He was the first person i thought of as a day 1 random pick.

But then he was very talkative before pointing things out about certain people which pinged on my radar.

I think lynching Mynd would be a good idea, knowing how he plays from being in some mafia games with him.

Ok, so here we go with the whole I pinged on his radar for being talkative and pointing things out? It's true, Dah has played games with me before but he's voting for me because I'm talkative and pointing things out about certain people?  That's like voting Nae-Nae for having red hair! Or AssMod2Funy for spam! 

Anyways, at this point, this puts me at only one vote, while Thorum only has 3 votes (including mine). 

Wow, Mynd is pinging on my radar now for pushing Thorum and Amadine. Its just a way how mafia wants to get out of things but throwing things out and pointing other people. So my vote is still on you Mynd.

Ok, at this point, the whole "I'm a Miller and Amadine is too" deal with Thorum is in full swing, along with the voting and death of Wolfie.  Dahmir seems determined to pin scum on me, which is fine, I admire his tenacity; however, he still is the only one voting for me and Thorum is now at L-13, or 7 votes if you prefer. 

Then, Amadine backs up his claim and no one counter claims her as Sirus Black.  It is quickly becoming evident that both Thorum and Amadine are telling the truth.  I make what could have ended up being my final post before being lynched.

Ok, here is my dilemma after reading pages and pages of pablum.  Thorum claims his miller role with no threat of being lynched, after already acting out of character.  Amadine supports his claim and reveals as Sirus Black, also some kind of miller character who can confirm Thorum's alignment. 

Thorum killed Wolfie, who was very likely an innocent, and now he is voting Wolfie again. 

I am probably not the biggest Harry Potter fan, but I have seen the films and I would find a hard time arguing that Sirus Black would be town aligned.  The miller claim also fits the Sirus claim.  It makes sense and Amadine backs up Thorum's claim.   

So why do I have a really bad feeling about unvoting Thorum right now? 

And would the Mod and Ass Mods allow Wolfie to replace a vanilla townie inactive, or a juicy mafia inactive?  Odds are, Wolfie has a role worth placing an active in.  Agreed?

Some thought my post confusing, but what I was saying about Wolfie was essentially my version of what Thorum was saying about Wolfie being the best possible lynch.  At this point, I was (and still am) buying the Thorum/Amadine dynamic miller duo claim.  My unvoting Thorum post was more to see who continues to push Thorum as scum despite what should be obvious that he is telling the truth.  If the bandwagon continued, I would have blasted those who jumped on at this point. 

Alas, I didn't get to nor was I able to explain further.  I made one final post before my freezing began....

Hey Thorum....read this!

I think the reason Wolfie WAS likely innocent is because she was Cedric Diggory.  In fact, I'd say it is guaranteed Wolfie WAS innocent. 

Wolfie is back in the game with a new role.  What are the odds that it is another innocent role, or woudl the Mods and Ass Mods likely want her to fill the shoes of a more necessary role?  Now, do you understand?  Did you or did you not have a hand in whacking Wolfie the first time? 

If that doesn't make sense, then perhaps you should further explain why you are now trying to eliminate Wolfie from the game.....again?

I'm actually trying to justify Thorum's reasoning here without appearing like I am backing off.  I'm still watching to see who else joins in, but I am trying to spell out in non-math why Wolfie, who has rejoined the game, is the best lynch. 

....and then, I GET ICED!  Here is the link to the first post in this thread after I received the PM telling me of my fate.  Daruya's post at 4:18PM EST. Instead of quoting all the subsequent postings from my fate, I decided to just link us to that moment.  Daruya goes on about how she is just popping in to catch up on things.  Hmmm....and send in a day action perhaps?

And then THIS happens....

I find myself beliving amadine's sirius claim, it would make sense for sirius and dung to have contact in the game as they are both in the order. Mynd however is pinging my radar, although it will most likely mke little diffrence in the outcome of todays lynch i am going to [glow=red,2,300]unvote Thorum [/glow] and [glow=red,2,300]vote Mynd[/glow]

Som1else switches his vote off Thorum (makes sense) to me (huh?) for the MOST AWESOME REASON EVER!! Because I'm pinging his radar. Srsly? Whose radar am I NOT pinging on in every game?  Gee, I sure hope that they don't pass a law that sends people to jail for pinging radars.  Well, maybe on the freeway but still...

Anyways, I gotta go grab some Memorial day Grub....but chew on this morsel, there is much more to come!!!  I have a hankering for raw meat right now and I need a haircut! Back in a few!!

I am probably not the biggest Harry Potter fan, but I have seen the films and I would find a hard time arguing that Sirus Black would be town aligned.  The miller claim also fits the Sirus claim.  It makes sense and Amadine backs up Thorum's claim.   

So why do I have a really bad feeling about unvoting Thorum right now? 

And would the Mod and Ass Mods allow Wolfie to replace a vanilla townie inactive, or a juicy mafia inactive?  Odds are, Wolfie has a role worth placing an active in.  Agreed?

this is what pinged my radar you said that you would have a hard time arguing that sirius would be town alligned, to me it seemed obvious that sirius would be town alligned and you were trying to play off peoples ignorance and get them to vote for thorum but after reading your last post I'm assumung you meant "wouldn't" instead of "would". and I still think your logic about wolfie is flawed, I think what happened was that whoever she replaced PMed the mod and told them they couldn't play, If there were multipull people who couldnt play and i was mod I would either select randomlly who to replace or pick the first one who notified me. I also wondered about your quietness but apparenttly that was a power used on you. speaking of that power used on you can you say how long it would have held you? could  be usefull to know  later as it was reset.

Okay, well, I came in to vote before time ran out and I hadn't finished reading the thread yet, so when I saw that time was frozen I decided to read most of it before I posted. I think I'm going to go with [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow]. If for nothing else than for the fact that my head is starting to hurt from the is he or isn't he a miller convo. *rubs forehead*

I'm maintaining my initial vote on [glow=red,2,300]Boopsy[/glow]. Mostly because I'd like to think my first intuition is correct. I admit it's not based on any real evidence. *shrugs*  Personally I've never played in a mafia game in which Boopsy was, so I don't know how he usually plays it out. So I'm not going to use 'he's acting all unusual' card  lol

I don't really know what to think of neither Mynd nor Thorum... so at this point none of them is getting my vote.

Nyn

Okay, well, I came in to vote before time ran out and I hadn't finished reading the thread yet, so when I saw that time was frozen I decided to read most of it before I posted. I think I'm going to go with [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow]. If for nothing else than for the fact that my head is starting to hurt from the is he or isn't he a miller convo. *rubs forehead*

umm... I think it's been established hes not a miller, also time wasnt frozen that was mynd he got stupified and someone used a time turner to reset day one.

also can people explain what is scummy about boopsy, i havent been paying paricular attention to him and dont want to have to read X number of pages to find out

I guess that explains why you were confusing me, Mynd. I thought you were still trying to argue with Thorum, and still trying to prove him scummy, by arguing using the same logic he was, which didn't make sense to me. I didn't realize you were trying to back off some.

That clears up a lot of my suspicion of you for the time being.

Deadline

Wed, June 2nd @ 2pm CST; 39 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Boopsy(3): Aemon, Thorum, Nyn

Thorum (1): Taei

no vote (37): Meesh, Amadine, Wombat, Bela, Elli, Mottlee, Marta, Som1else, Aust, Krak, Mynd, Daruya, Lia, Pete, Boopsy, Nae, Adella, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Pankhuri, Wolfie, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

Ok first things first.  I would have been unfrozen by the end of Day 1, had I lived to see it. 

Second, before I continue my marathon posting let me say this.....it is very safe to say that both Amadine and Thorum are who they say they are.  They vouch for each other and are uncontested.  At this point, anyone who votes Thorum or Amadine, just not paying attention.  Scum wouldn't vote for Thorum or Amadine either at this point because their mafia buddies wouldn't let them. 

Third, let me say that prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes with a Blue Moon on Memorial Day is the SHIZZLE!

Now then, on with the show.  I have some interesting items I would like to revisit....namely, what happened after Mynd was put on ICE!

Stay Tuned!

Deadline

Wed, June 2nd @ 2pm CST; 39 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Boopsy(4): Aemon, Thorum, Nyn, Tayla

Thorum (1): Taei

no vote (36): Meesh, Amadine, Wombat, Bela, Elli, Mottlee, Marta, Som1else, Aust, Krak, Mynd, Daruya, Lia, Pete, Boopsy, Nae, Adella, Tigs, Summer, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Pankhuri, Wolfie, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

Ok, at the point that I was frozen (see previous Marathon post) the vote count looked like this:

Vote Count

Thorum(9): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Som1, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum

Mynd (1): Dah'mir

Hardly could call Dah's vote a bandwagon on me at this point, right?  So, it is Tigraine who is the first to vote AMF (After Mynd Freeze).  Funny, I always get a Migraine when I get a Brain freeze. 

I don't like any of this...just so you all know.  Thorum reveals the best possible claim for a scum to make and Amadine confirms him which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  (sorry Ama) Then Thorum goes all self sacrificing and votes himself.  I have done this in a game where I was innocent because I was frustrated and it pretty much caused us to lose the game.  I think it is a ploy to make people think, "Oh poor Thorum, he must be telling the truth if he's gonna vote himself to get away from the aggrivation." 

Here's what I think about it:  I know that if Thorum flips innocent then I will be targeted heavily and I'll deal with that when it comes.  Innocent or not, someone that will vote themselves is of no use to the town in my opinion.  If we have to lose an innocent, who better to lose than someone that bails when it gets aggrivating  *shrugs*  [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow]

Anyways...Tigs essentially takes responsibility for the lynch on Thorum if he flips innocent. She says that she will "deal with that when it comes" as if she already knows he will flip innocent but votes anyways. This is exactly the type of player I was looking for!  Why would we suspect Tigs out of the now 10 people voting for him as the one responsible for his lynch?  Guilty conscience, I say!

Aemonkitten says this very thing here! Click the kitty to read!

Som1Else then votes me (as I displayed in Part I of the Freezing of Myndrunner Thesis).  Voting then looks like this:

Vote Count

Thorum(9): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Som1, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum

Mynd (2): Dah'mir, Som1Else

Som1Else says I'm Scummy McScummerson because I'm pinging his radar?! WTF? SRSLY?  Ok fine, that happens but at this time, I am thinking that the plan is to freeze me so that the lynch on Thorum can go through.  My prime mafia suspect at this point is Tigs....but then this next post by Som1 caused me some concern.

one of the mods shoud poke summer and locke

I would love to think that he is just eager to get other actives in the game, but this to me sounds more like someone thirsty for a lynch.  Is it possible that summer and locke, or one of them, is on his mafia team and is inactive? Why the urgent push for inactives to vote at this time?  Especially since the ASS Mods seem to be doing that very thing already. 

Not long after that post, Locke shows up and votes Thorum, naturally due to one of the Ass Mods persuasiveness.  Probably the funy one!  :D

Then along comes Meesh and her purple Sith letters of doom!

Downright suspicious and odd as Thorum's behavior has been, I'm actually kind of worried about Mynd, too.  He doesn't strike me as sincere, and I agree with what (I think) Talya said, that he's really not as attack-dog vicious about his accusations as he usually is when he thinks he's onto something.  And even when he's not sure he's onto something, he pursues it until there's no real reason to do that anymore.

(also, I'm kinda surprised Mynd hasn't started dropping hints about his character; maybe he has and I didn't notice or maybe it's a Day 2 thing... :P)

I've already answered my question about Thorum, but I didn't think I appeared to be backing off.  I find it interesting that Talya makes such a statement (click link) and then suddenly, the gears shift off Thorum and go to me.  As far as my character, you obviously have not been paying attention.  Truth is, I have been pursuing all angles and was about to blast a few people until I got put on ice.  Interesting how Meesh takes a comment made by Talya so vividly, yet ignores a lot of my less than subtle statements. 

So, after Meesh's marathon post of why I am pinging on her radar, here is Dah's reaction:

Wow Mmeesh. That was a long post lol. And yeah, my vote is still stuck on Mynd. Mmeesh makes a valid point about Mynd.

Wow, and what valid point would that be?  It's posts like these that should read "Hey, I have no idea what she just said but she's gonna take the fall when Mynd flips town."  Why would he even need to post that? What other purpose is that post if he doesn't state specifically what he agrees with? 

Now, Amadine's post & vote..... 

Meesh, from what i can see you make sense. Mynd has not come out firing in this game and that is making me uncomfortable so, [glow=red,2,300]unvote  Mynd[/glow]

She votes me, but let's be honest, it was less about how guilty I looked and more about getting votes off her teammate Thorum.  I'll give her that, but now that the dust has settled, you should admit to it.  I will buy that a lot better than you actually agreeing with what Meesh said. 

Keep in MYND of the vote count at this time:

Vote Count

Thorum(EIGHT): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Som1, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum

Mynd (4): Dah'mir, Som1Else, Meesh, Amadine

And now we get to it....our boy PETE!

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] and I am going to vote [glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow] even though from the posts that Dar has made I am more inclined to believe her scum.

He says that he is more inclined to believe Daruya to be scum, but votes me? 

Then, Locke chimes in and votes me, citing that Meesh makes some "very valid points" but I'll bet he didn't read a single purple letter other than the vote she placed on me. 

It is at this point that I believe the gameplan went from just simply silencing me to pushing the lynch my direction without me being able to defend myself.  Notice the next set of votes.....

rojano, whose only posts his vote switch to me.  No explanation.  Almost as if he was called into the thread by others, like his mafia team.  As Jeran points out, this is the very definition of a bandwagon.

But it's Pete Dragonsworn who really stands out at this point.  Read his next set of consecutive posts.  First, he jumps off Daruya to become vote #4 on me, with DAYS before the deadline, despite his claim that he believes Daruya to be more scum than me.  He also doesn't wait for my response, almost as if he knows it will never come.  He then pushes the mods to recheck Locke's vote.  Why the desperation at this point?

Then, Wolfie votes Thorum.....um, definitely a scummy thing to do and more than OMGUS going on there.  Normally, if unfrozen, I would have blasted the Wolf at this one, but let's come back to that later.  It's Pete's desparate push here that I want to focus on for the moment.

Wombat defends me sorta (but read his post carefully). 

I really don't see where Talya and Meesh are coming from saying that Mynd isn't being aggressive enough.  Maybe it's because I was on the receiving end of some of his aggression, but I think he has been plenty aggressive.  This Myndwagon is very interesting.  First come Talya (although Talya hasn't actually voted Mynd yet) and Meesh with what is in my opinion very weak metagaming.  Then comes Amadine with what would normally be a very understandable vote except for the fact that she dissembles when explaining her reason for voting Mynd.  She says she agrees with Meesh but toally neglects to mention saving her alleged millermason teammate Thorum from lynch as a motivation for voting Mynd.  Then come Pete and Locke. Pete's reason makes sense although I think it is odd that he is so sure that Thorum is innocent when he is being vouched for by another alleged miller.  Locke agreeing with Meesh is nothing new and is a null tell imo.  Then rojano who has been largely inactive comes and hops on the wagon without giving a reason.  I'm not a fan of the Thorum wagon either, but this Mynd wagon is so rapid and thinly reasoned that is smells really bad to me.  I was actually somewhat suspicious of Mynd and was thinking of switching my vote from Adella to him, but this bandwagon makes me really hesitant to do that as it makes me think he will flip innocent.  I don't understand why scum would be so obvious, but I also don't understand why townies would be so scummy.

So what is the real motivation behind this Myndwagon?  Big Game Hunting?  Saving a teammate?  Something else?

Edit: And again Pete asserts that Thorum is a "vouched innocent."  Pete, why are you so sure that Thorum is innocent when the person vouching for him is also claiming miller?

See what he is doing here?  In this avalanche of what is supposed to be defending me, is actually justifying Pete's push for a lynch on me.  Wombat is actually saying he agrees with Pete, but he's gonna flap his arms and make a lot of noise like he's against a lynch that he knows will flip with an innocent result.  Why was I not surprised to later see him "reluctantly" add his vote to my lynch later on?

After a barrage of posts that we will revisit later, the voting ends up like this:

Vote Count

Mynd (13): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Amadine, Pete, Locke, rojano, Player, Krak, Boopsy, Thorum, Wombat

Thorum(8 ): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Tigs, Wolfie

I know it's been said before, but their are two bandwagons above that have been carefully crafted.  With Thorum and Amadine's uncontested reveal, I became the new target.  I am sure that at first, they simply wanted to silence me while they pushed the Thorum lynch through, but at some point they decided they could push a lynch on me because I was so quiet all of a sudden.  I'm actually surprised that it almost worked.

Now then, before I go blasting the three people on that list that I am nearly 100% convinced are scum, I would like to hear from everyone else on their thoughts about this whole thing.  Aside from Boopsy, who may still be a candidate, who among these listed above do you think deserves our scrutiny the most?  I am certain that at least a couple of the names listed above are scum!

Well for those of you who insist on thinking I had some sinister motive behind my honest confusion with Mynd's posts...

You probably don't like goats, but I do.

Meesh, two things. 

1) You are allowed to edit your posts in this game.

2) This is the most self-incriminating post I have ever seen you or anyone make in the history of mafia.  I'm sorry, squirrely, I loves ya, but damn girl....no one is accusing you of this but your own guilty conscience. 

I hate to interrupt your marathon there Mynd, so please excuse me for interrupting. I've some ambivalence regarding you, however as I've said, I'm willing to see how things go  ;)

What I do find very interesting is the swirl of activity around you, and this post in particular struck me:

So Thorum is back and making sense.  I still see this Mynd bandwagon as pretty scummy, but it looks inevitable now.  I might as well help you guys along I guess.

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow]

I also find it odd that Mynd hasn't said anything in his defense.  At this point, I would rather see him lynched than Thorum though, as Thorum is less likely to be scum imo and he appears to be back and ready to help the town.  That being said, if Mynd flips innocent, I will be looking very hard at those who started and contributed to his bandwagon.

Wombat, that was a scummy move there.

OMG. Day 1 restarted. -__- But, at least we get a good look at all the evidence before voting - correctly, I hope.

I cant, at this point, in good conscience, vote for Thorum again. A miller role isnt his fault, just his fate. I believe that it has been firmly established (not counter-claimed) that Ama and Thor are both Town.

Nor will I vote for Mynd b/c he doesnt strike me as scummy. I missed the part where you hinted at your character, Mynd, but I will not go back to look for it. I will just assume that if you would dare hint at your character that it would mean you are also Town.

Now, as to the ones who bandwagoned onto Mynd:

Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Amadine, Pete, Locke, rojano, Player, Krak, Boopsy, Thorum, Wombat

I cant narrow down how many of these look (or sound) scummy, but I would say my top 2 suspicions would be Dah and Som1. I can see the whole Boopsy thing, too. But I'm not sure I'm comfortable voting just yet. I'll be willing to lynch the one we believe is most suspicious right now. And I hope that one of the others will be viewed tonite.

Archived