DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene's Reign (speculation & possible spoilers)

mb

I'd wager alot of scrilla that you're both (And me of course :P) right.  I'm glad other people think along the same lines.  I'll eat my foot with marinara sauce if the scene entails something lame like Egwene screaming at Rand after all's been said and done.

It would suck. Especially after all that was done to put Egwene back in a good light. It would be absolutely lame. It would be a Charlie Brown situation, like when he's gettin' yelled at by his mom or his teacher. "Wha, wha. Wha...wha wha wha, wha...wha wha!"

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd wager alot of scrilla that you're both (And me of course :P) right.  I'm glad other people think along the same lines.  I'll eat my foot with marinara sauce if the scene entails something lame like Egwene screaming at Rand after all's been said and done.

It would suck. Especially after all that was done to put Egwene back in a good light. It would be absolutely lame. It would be a Charlie Brown situation, like when he's gettin' yelled at by his mom or his teacher. "Wha, wha. Wha...wha wha wha, wha...wha wha!"

I don't know.....The wording of the foretelling leads me to believe the anger will be directed at Rand. I wouldn't have minded that before VoG, but now as you said, that would just suck.

I don't know.....The wording of the foretelling leads me to believe the anger will be directed at Rand. I wouldn't have minded that before VoG, but now as you said, that would just suck.

It would, especially now that people are startin' to like her again. For her to come out and give one of the MOST loved characters in the series would put us back at square one in hating her dumb a**.

It would, especially now that people are startin' to like her again. For her to come out and give one of the MOST loved characters in the series would put us back at square one in hating her dumb a**.

Here's hoping it's because Rand somehow kills Gawyn accidentally. That way Egwene gets a valid reason to be angry and the most annoying character in the series will die. *laughs maniacally*  :P

I still hate Egwene and doesn't the wording of the foretelling say, "the Amyrlin will face the dragon reborn and he will know her anger", no added part about she will know his.  Besides Aes Sedai did plenty to Rand PERSONALLY, I agree Taim, nominally under Rand, took some of her sisters, enemies though they were, captive but Rand did nothing directly to her.  her insistence that Rand compelled sisters is wrong, Verin did that.  I agree that most foretellings aren't literal but I still think it will devolve into a shouting match, she thinks constantly on how Rand can do that and I think his Taveren effect will piss her off even more.

I still hate Egwene and doesn't the wording of the foretelling say, "the Amyrlin will face the dragon reborn and he will know her anger", no added part about she will know his.  Besides Aes Sedai did plenty to Rand PERSONALLY, I agree Taim, nominally under Rand, took some of her sisters, enemies though they were, captive but Rand did nothing directly to her.  her insistence that Rand compelled sisters is wrong, Verin did that.  I agree that most foretellings aren't literal but I still think it will devolve into a shouting match, she thinks constantly on how Rand can do that and I think his Taveren effect will piss her off even more.

The exact foretelling. "The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al’Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell."

Yeah, I hate that about Egwene too. How she is when it comes to Rand makes me want to balefire her a**.

The restructure of the WT will see the -

Red Ajah Mission State change from Hunting Male Channellers to Rogue Channellers Dark Friends, Black Ajah and if there are any Forsaken left after Shayol Goul. 

The Green Ajah will have to become better prepared for all forms of fighting.  I reckon the captured Damane will become a great resource once they are trained to think for themselves.  The Seanchan have used them more as a weapon than anything else.  Just imagine Alivia Teachering the Green Ajah at the WT.

Why will Rand see the Amarlyn Seats anger its over the Black Towers Treatment of the 50 plus sisters that went there to bond Ashaman and Taim has done something to them.  Not to sure what but Rand and Egwene have to go in to rescue what remains of those sisters.

"The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al’Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell."

I used to be in the "Egwene's gonna be screaming at him," and in a way i still am, but the word Know...

Is Rand even aware of the situation at the BT with the sisters that have been bonded? I don't remember.

Rand already distrusts and hates Taim, and the reasons aren't exactly unfounded. I see this playin out as they finally come face to face again, she starts screamin, and suddenly his pissed too and Egwene's kinda like, "wait, what???" before he join up with her to go in and set some things straight.

At least from the fortelling we know the 'remnants that are cast out and scorned' are the remaining BA that fled the Tower and those that were executed. That's something I guess. If Egwene is gonna be pissed at anything Rand does, I believe it'll be the treaty he makes with the Seanchan. There is only one group of folk that she hates probably more than the BA, and that would be the Seanchan. When she finds out that he is now aligned with Seanchan, she'll literally freak out. But when she realizes that he never bowed down to her but she caved in to his demands, she'll probably calm down a little. But just a little. Cause' man she really loathes anything Seanchan.

At least from the fortelling we know the 'remnants that are cast out and scorned' are the remaining BA that fled the Tower and those that were executed. That's something I guess. If Egwene is gonna be pissed at anything Rand does, I believe it'll be the treaty he makes with the Seanchan. There is only one group of folk that she hates probably more than the BA, and that would be the Seanchan. When she finds out that he is now aligned with Seanchan, she'll literally freak out. But when she realizes that he never bowed down to her but she caved in to his demands, she'll probably calm down a little. But just a little. Cause' man she really loathes anything Seanchan.

Don't forget the other things we know that need to happen with Egwene and Seanchan.

"Rand confronting her, and the women with her, and one of them was a Seanchan"

"Egwene walks a ledge on a cliff. The ledge collapses leaving her hanging by her fingertips. A Seanchan woman climbs down the cliff and offers to help. "

So the Seanchan help Egwene and are allied before they confront Rand??????

Good question.

Anyboady notice the symmetry in the prophecy, it starts the White Tower being reunited  and finishes with the Black Tower being rent in fire and blood. Any divisions in the Black Tower are likely to be the result of darkfriend infiltration just as the state of the White Tower was the result of Black Ajah activity.  Egwene was pretty P-d off about that and likely that Rand would be as equally angry over events in the BT.  Maybe the meeting between the two is when it all comes out and they decide to do something together about it.

Speaking of Taim, is he an Alviarin or an Elaida?

By that I mean is he the leader of the darkfriends within the Black Tower or is he a unwitting dupe whose character flaws are being exploited by the real darkfriend leader.

I think her attitude will be somewhat changed when she is saved by a Seanchan woman (Alivia) during the assualt on the BT not a whole heap but enough to see what Rand is trying to do with the treaty.

I fortell major Assualts on Three Towers, Ghenji, Black Tower and The Towers of Midnight.  Mat will be part of maybe all three assualts I also think now that the letter Verin gave Mat is a list of DF in the Band of the Red hand. 

I can't wait for the reunion of

Rand and Egwene

Mat and Rand

Rand and Moiraine

Egwene and Nyaeve

Elayne, Egwene, Min, Aviendha

Mat, Perrin and Rand

Maybe  ;D

Meeting between Nynaeve, Cadsuane and Moiraine needs to happen as well. :P

Also, Cadsuane and Egwene. I'm interested in how someone as .... prone to authoritativeness as Cadsuane acts in the presence of an Amyrlin.

Indeed, I don't think they've ever met. In fact, i'm not even sure that Egwene knows of Cadsuane. I expect Cadsuane will try to test Egwene in some way (although not in the same way she tested Rand). I would be surprised if Cadsuane, after the testing, did not view Egwene as an equal. The minimum is she will view her as slightly below herself (after all Egwene has no where near the experience of Cadsuane). But I highly doubt that Cadsuane will be deferential. I would expect that Cadsuane would toe the line - obeying direct orders, but trying to avoid them as much as possible (unless she agrees with Egwenes assessment of Rand)

Meeting between Nynaeve, Cadsuane and Moiraine needs to happen as well. :P

Also, Cadsuane and Egwene. I'm interested in how someone as .... prone to authoritativeness as Cadsuane acts in the presence of an Amyrlin.

Now let's see.. What was that RJ said? something about 'kick over the table and run for the hills'??   :o   :o  :D

Hey, look at that, the boards are working again.

I think that the Cadsuane-Egwene meeting is one that has to take place. Egwene has already solidified control with the White Tower and Rebel factions. Cadsuane is, at least to the reader, the de facto leader of those AS who stood on th side and didn't take a side. Having her accept Egwene as her Amyrlin would be a good resolution for the story.

I think that the Cadsuane-Egwene meeting is one that has to take place. Egwene has already solidified control with the White Tower and Rebel factions. Cadsuane is, at least to the reader, the de facto leader of those AS who stood on th side and didn't take a side. Having her accept Egwene as her Amyrlin would be a good resolution for the story.

It took no time and no test for Cadsuane to realise how strong Sorilea was. And Sori's age didn't count. If Cads is still the Cads that took Water Oath with Sorilea, then meeting Egwene should go ok. Of course, a lot can still happen to make it go wrong...

It took no time and no test for Cadsuane to realise how strong Sorilea was. And Sori's age didn't count. If Cads is still the Cads that took Water Oath with Sorilea, then meeting Egwene should go ok. Of course, a lot can still happen to make it go wrong...

Yes but Cadsuane and Sorilea seemed to have mutual respect for each other, this helped the process considerably, and plus they both have parallel goals apparently. Who knows how the meeting would go, I think it will go terribly, Cadsuane is arrogent to a fault, as is Egwene. But if Rand's there when the meeting occures he could either unite them (like women do throughout the series) against him or divided them past repair.

Egwene is not stubborn nor does she think she's better than everyone else. She does what she needs to, for accomplishing her goals. The same as Moiraine or Rand for that matter. She knows what needs to happen for success at TG and will do anything to make sure that victory happens.

Correction:  She thinks she knows what needs to happen for success at TG and will do anything to make sure that it happens.

That is my biggest peeve with her right now.  She's actually believes that she knows best and everybody else be damned.  She's a 20 year old kid that has been leading for a year.  What makes her think she knows any better than Rand what needs to be done and how to do it.

My hope is that the Aes Sedai as a power block will be broken by the end of the series.  They are way to set in their ways to be fixed without a near clean wipe of the slate.

Egwene is not stubborn nor does she think she's better than everyone else. She does what she needs to, for accomplishing her goals. The same as Moiraine or Rand for that matter. She knows what needs to happen for success at TG and will do anything to make sure that victory happens.

Correction:  She thinks she knows what needs to happen for success at TG and will do anything to make sure that it happens.

That is my biggest peeve with her right now.  She's actually believes that she knows best and everybody else be damned.  She's a 20 year old kid that has been leading for a year.  What makes her think she knows any better than Rand what needs to be done and how to do it.

My hope is that the Aes Sedai as a power block will be broken by the end of the series.  They are way to set in their ways to be fixed without a near clean wipe of the slate.

But that's why she pushed so hard for the removal of Elaida. Elaida had made a travesty of the situations involving the Tower and with Rand. She is aware of what needs to be done and how things need to be handled from here on out. However the way she needs to go about doing it, needs to placate the need of the Hall to see it as her being in complete charge of the DR and the LB, which she knows is clearly not possible. She has literally no wiggle room to accomplish these goals. She is aware of what Rand needs to do, she just wants him to start seeing the Aes Sedai in a more positive light. And that their advice and knowledge is to be valued and not discarded. Yes she is slightly annoying because of this but never arrogant, she reserves the arrogance for outward appearances.

I havent seen anything that says Egwene will not make a hash show of things, sure she was successful as a rebel, but thats only because she had Suiane directing her and teaching her.

I believe taht rand will break the tower force it to bend knee, and knowing the Amyrlins anger will be from him showing Egwene how much of a fool she is and he will become the all powerful ruler of channellers. So he will send Egwene off pouting after showing her and the AS all they do not know

i can see

1# Egwene having 1 mistress of novices but w/ such a large grp maybe create 1-2 lessers to aid the main one

2# the marshalling of her forces to become battle rdy- teaching green ajah the new cmbt weaves she learned from Moghie, spreading the new healing weaves to the yellows,

3# making Garath Commander of the Towers armys and have him  prepare them for TG

4# she wants to keep the ajahs  together so i think she will reform the red into a channelers police force and use them to hunt down rogue channelers and BA

5# open communication w/ Rand and come to an accord w/ him

But that's why she pushed so hard for the removal of Elaida. Elaida had made a travesty of the situations involving the Tower and with Rand. She is aware of what needs to be done and how things need to be handled from here on out. However the way she needs to go about doing it, needs to placate the need of the Hall to see it as her being in complete charge of the DR and the LB, which she knows is clearly not possible. She has literally no wiggle room to accomplish these goals. She is aware of what Rand needs to do, she just wants him to start seeing the Aes Sedai in a more positive light. And that their advice and knowledge is to be valued and not discarded. Yes she is slightly annoying because of this but never arrogant, she reserves the arrogance for outward appearances.

I can quote several times when she thinks(not for outward appearance) she has to guide Rand. My question is what makes her think a silly not even 20 year old girl knows more about TG than the guy the pattern appointed to win it? If that is not arrogance, I don't know what is.

I can quote several times when she thinks(not for outward appearance) she has to guide Rand. My question is what makes her think a silly not even 20 year old girl knows more about TG than the guy the pattern appointed to win it? If that is not arrogance, I don't know what is.

Wanted to point out that Rand is, what, a silly 22 year old boy that also thinks everyone should do what he thinks? They're both arrogant. But they both need to work together, and hopefully now that they've both matured a lot in the last book they'll see that.

Archived