DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

Conan.

Watched it last nigt, and can barely remember the plot. This is all about showing Conan singlehandedly decimating the worlds population with a few percent. It is violence as entertainment, and as such it delivers. And, Jason Momoa is so much better as Conan than Arnold.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching X-Men: First Class over the weekend. And OH MY GOD, it was AMAZING. Absolutely EPIC. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender were fantastic. They're both so charismatic and their on-screen chemistry was so, so powerful. The whole bromance thing they had going on leaves me shipping them so hard I feel like I'm going to explode. And, of course, Beast and Banshee and Havok were also undeniably awesome. I didn't feel like there was any serious detractors from the movie whatsoever: the plot was well thought out, the directing was impeccable, the writing was great, and the characters all worked out so well it continues to blow my mind. Now, I liked the other X-Men movies (I haven't see Wolverine though), but First Class is by far my favourite. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. It'll make your week. :D

Oh, and something else. I just have to point this out from a wwwaayy earlier post:

I just watched watership down

That should not be for kids

It was a good film though but as a kid I would have got nightmares i think

Take a look -->

This, my friends, is terrifying.

Edited by Ferreira

Contagion. It was interesting, good even. But it left me... I don't know, just 'eh'.

Trying to put it into words, it just seems like it's a documentary and movie at the same time, with scenes being the extremes of both but scenes of both seem... inconsequential or something.

Drive

So for the first time in months I went to the theatre and watched a movie. I think I read somewhere this one of the best Michael Mann movies he never made and I may have to agree. The dialogue is perfect and by that I mean the actors do not need to say words to get a point across. I think the main character says about 10 words in the first 20 minutes. While the movie is set in current day, you get the feel of a vintage Steve McQueen movie. Albert Brooks playing a cold villian should be up for a best supporting oscar btw as he was chilling. This is not my favorite movie of all time but definitely my favorite so far from 2011. If you are looking for a car movie ala Gone in Sixty Seconds you will be disappointed.

Machete

Just what you think it is. Lots of blood and limbs falling off. A loose plot. Some naked women. A fat Segal. Yeah I don't have anymore to say. It is exactly what you expect.

Timecrimes

A foreign movie from about 4 years ago that has been in my queue for ever. Hey did anyone else see they are calling netflix Qwister or something like that? What is wrong with netflix? Anyway... the movie starts off and I am thinking I made a mistake putting it in to watch. However as the movie progresses it becomes quite interesting as it deals with time travel and the complexity of it all. Worth a watch if you like time travel movies, just give it about 20 minutes to warm up.

Paul

Simon Pegg and ... that other guy have brought us some great movies like Hot Fuzz and Shawn of the Dead. Paul is not one of these great movies. Have you seen the trailer? Good, you saw the movie, move on.

• 2 weeks later...

so i've been using project free tv to view movies lately, heres what i've been watching

Paranormal Activity - was about as stupid as Blair Witch Project. i want my braincells back that died from watching this. it was more funny than scary.

Bad Teacher - was okay, i'm glad i saw this one for free. it had it's funy points, but over all, i'd give it a C.

Easy A - was decently funny, a good movie to watch on date night. i easily give it a B, but i don't intend on re-watching it at any point.

Grown Ups - was outstanding. i loved it. there were loads of funy parts, and it's about what you expect from an Adam Sandler film

Karate Kid - the new one. Meh, there was really nothing new with this movie, it followed the original from the 80's to a T. it's a good remake, and a great movie anyways, i grew up loving this series.

Up - was cute, the story line was kinda blah though and the characters are forgetable. still, a decent cartoon

Alpha & Omega - was okay. kina meh and very predicatable. not the best cartoon movie, but not the worst either

it allows an option to download as well. heres the link to the site Nol, you shoudl check it out. http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

okay so i also watched

Friends with Benifits - was cute. again the story line is predictable, but its a cute date night movie to cuddle up to as well.

Bridesmaids - which was meh, to say its a female version of the Hang Over is a bit much imo. it had it's funny moments, but all in all, i'm glad we didn't go see it in theaters.

17 again - was good,. i liked the storyline and it was cute. a nice date night movie to snuggle up with.

The Change Up - was decently funny, though it was very 'Freaky Friday' esque. certaintly recomend renting this one

I Am Number 4 - has been done before. the plot is predictable, theres nothing jaw dropping or OMG about it, the acting is medicore, and the entire story itself, whiel it has alot of potential, falls short on what they coudl have done. not even worth renting imo.

Limitless - was good, it took a surprising twist on the plot line that i didn't expect, though it left room for a sequel which i'm sure will suck, i throughly enjoyed the movie. it was very fast paced and at times you didn't know what was goign to happen.

My Soul to Take - was stupid, don't watch it. it was less than a B rated horror flick and you learn who the killer is in the first 10 minutes even though the movie spends the next 50 acting like you dont.

Edited by Red2111

Well, technically this isn't illegal (I believe)

reeeaaaallly?

are we just talking technicalities and loopholes or what?

I mean if it's just a case of "well we haven't gotten a cease and desist notice yet so..." then I'm not very confident it's legal

not that that bothers me obviously

Hanna

I kind of expected a more action based movie and less of a Stanley Kubric-esc romp. I think this would have been a better movie if they had a little more action and little less art.

Ides of March

Ryan Gosling, George Clooney, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti. So do I even need to say the movie is well acted? I would hope not. I am still on the fence about the plot which basically centers on a primary race in Ohio where personal morals are tested by politics. It was a little bland is all, missing a little heart. Of course this movie drops into my top 10 near the top only because it was better than most other films so far... but I would not be surprised if later films trump it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dolphin Tail - Pretty good for a "feel good" movie (if you overlook the usual weak plot points of angst and change without reason). The little girl was adorable but the rest of the actors were forgettable, unfortuantely that includes usually spot on Morgan Freeman. Nice family movie if you have a young tween girl/boy.

• 3 weeks later...

Bridesmaids

Last weekend was busy as I try to clean up my netflix at home to try and get those that are on a long wait (SOA Season 3 last disc, Attack the Block, etc). I like Kristen Wig, I think she is funny. For some reason this movie reminded me of Tommy Boy.. where absurb things go wrong and you kind of cringe at the stupidy. Not sure what all the fuss is about... but then again Jack and Jill was #2 at the box office so I continue to think the masses like bad movies.

Bad Teacher

This movie was a bit better than Bridesmaids. It is not going to knock your socks off with funny but it was a good one to watch once.

Super

Most of you have never heard of this movie. That's cool. Think of kick ass except nerdier and a bit bloodier. Basically Raine Wilson runs around in a badly made superhero costume whacking people with a pipe wrench for crimes ranging to line cutting to selling drugs. It was a good little weird movie. Oh and Captain Hammer makes a cameo... well... he he goes by the name of Holy Avenger but it is basically the Christian Captain Hammer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw Immortals last night, in 3d...Now, I was forced to see it in 3d, could've lived without it, but at the same time, was kind of cool. The movie itself, while the acting or dialogue seemed to be pretty ok, the action was pretty good. If you like action movies I would recommend it. All I have to say is..Poseidon...man that guy kicked ass lol.