DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Terez...I checked out the database this weekend for the first time in a long time. It is so awesome. I can't compliment it enough. I tell you what, though - it sparked a lot of very interesting questions in me though. Just, for example:

In TOM, there isa big chunk of timeline between Rand in the beginning with the farmer and when he hits Tar Valon. What was Mr Zen up to throughout all that time?

Fish

In TOM, there isa big chunk of timeline between Rand in the beginning with the farmer and when he hits Tar Valon. What was Mr Zen up to throughout all that time?

Is there? I think it was the next day.

EDIT: Okay, I know why I had this impression. Rand was only gone from Tear for three days (ToM: An Empty Ink Bottle). We know he spent the first night outside Ebou Dar, then Traveled to Dragonmount later on the second day. We know that he was still up north, probably near DM, that night. ToM: Apples First seems to suggest he got down from the mountain the following morning, which would leave him just enough time to see Egwene then get back to Tear. No conflict that I can see.

Edited by yoniy0

That's what we're not meant to know, at least not now (at least not after he left Bandar Eban). We know he wasn't at the BT, and that he wasn't patching things up with Fortuona. We know Min hasn't yet came up with anything regarding how to Seal the Bore. More than that, I guess we'll have to RAFO.

what was goin on here? what did moiraine mean by this? wasnt she gone already?

ToM Ch. A Rabbit for Supper Page 825

"I'd say that's a certainty," Mat added. "Anyways, Rand's been busy. Elayne says he's got some kind of meeting arranged with the monarchs under him coming up soon."

"Elayne is Queen, then?"

"Sure is. Her mother was killed by Rahvin," Mat said.

"So you told me."

[4:28:24 PM] Jon-Michael Santos: "I'd say that's a certainty," Mat added. "Anyways, Rand's been busy. Elayne says he's got some kind of meeting arranged with the monarchs under him coming up soon."

"Elayne is Queen, then?"

"Sure is. Her mother was killed by Rahvin," Mat said.

"So you told me."

"I did? When?"

"A lifetime ago, Matrim," she replied, smiling.

"Oh. Well, Rand finished him off. So that's good."

"And the other forsaken?" Moiraine asked.

"Don't know," Mat said.

"A lifetime ago, Matrim," she replied, smiling.

"Oh. Well, Rand finished him off. So that's good."

"And the other forsaken?" Moiraine asked.

"Don't know," Mat said.

Edited by TootThatHorn

No, Mat told Moiraine the news of Morgase's "death" the previous day before the battle with Lanfear at the docks of Cairhien

ah okay, so really moiraine smiling is because she probably knows mats brain got all swiss cheesy and he doesnt necesarrily remember everything

edit: and she probably recognizes that no one is the same as when she left, there has been a lot of growing up

Edited by TootThatHorn

BTW, this passage was corrected in the e-book edition and now it is:

“Elayne is Queen, then?”

“Sure is. Everyone thought her mother was killed by Rahvin, but she had run away,” Mat said.

Makes a lot more sense now, since Mat an Thom was in Caemlyn when Morgase came back and there was public celebrations and announcements that she isn't really dead.

No, Mat told Moiraine the news of Morgase's "death" the previous day before the battle with Lanfear at the docks of Cairhien

ah okay, so really moiraine smiling is because she probably knows mats brain got all swiss cheesy and he doesnt necesarrily remember everything

I think that the main reason for the smile was that, of all things, she could hardly have forgotten Mat telling her about Morgase.

Since the first day I reached Rhuidean, I have known – it need not trouble you how, some secrets belong to others, and I will not betray them – that a day would come in Cairhien when news would arrive of Morgase. I did not know what that would be – if what we heard is true, the Light have mercy on her soul; she was willful and stubborn, with the temper of a lioness at times, but for all that a true, good and gracious queen – but each time that news led to the docks on the following day. There were three branches from the docks, but if you are reading this, I am gone, and so is Lanfear...

He told her in "News Comes to Cairhien". It was a pretty big deal.

I think that the main reason for the smile was that, of all things, she could hardly have forgotten Mat telling her about Morgase.

Since the first day I reached Rhuidean, I have known – it need not trouble you how, some secrets belong to others, and I will not betray them – that a day would come in Cairhien when news would arrive of Morgase. I did not know what that would be – if what we heard is true, the Light have mercy on her soul; she was willful and stubborn, with the temper of a lioness at times, but for all that a true, good and gracious queen – but each time that news led to the docks on the following day. There were three branches from the docks, but if you are reading this, I am gone, and so is Lanfear...

He told her in "News Comes to Cairhien". It was a pretty big deal.

gotcha, i wonder if the smile too is that she is aware that in it being a lifetime ago, how drastically different her life has become since, or will be, perhaps that knowing that of the way things could have gone, they have gone well

Is there any consensus or prevailing opinion on the person who Perrin sees killed in TAR in tDR:9 ?

Random guy that gets killed by the "Shadows" in TAR, and basically gets skinned.

I have some ideas, but wondering if it is worth starting a new topic over.

Edited by Barid Bel Medar

Hmmm, I thought it might have been Roedran, the original Roedran. His attire matches that of a Murandian's, and he is clearly a nobleman of some sort.

He says "Not only do I dream of peasants now, but foriegn peasants, from those clothes. Begone from my dreams, fellow!"

Also, when Perrin asks who he is, he seems offended, like people are supposed to know who he is. Roedran fits that.

The whole skinning thing is somewhat foreshadowing Demandred "putting on his skin" and becoming King of Murandy.

The description here

tDR: 9

A man stood there, blinking at him uncertainly, in strangely cut coat and breeches, the coat flaring over his hips as the bottom of the breeches flared over his boots. Both were bright yellow, and his boots were only a little paler.

is similar to the description of a Murandian noble born Hunter of the Horn in LoC.

LoC: 5

..two tall lean men with curled moustaches, long Murandian coats in bright silk, and swords with ornate, gilded pommels and quillons. The fellow in the red coat stood grinning in amusement while he watched the one in the yellow shake a boy ...

The only thing that is possibly a problem is the accent. Murandian is supposedly lilting, while this fellows is "quick and sharp"

So you think Roedran is Demandred? But weren't he found by Cadsuan (by Rand's request) in his way for the WT, kidnapped by Elaida and trapped on their way there because of the sudden winter?

That doesn't fit with him being Demandred i think.

So you think Roedran is Demandred? But weren't he found by Cadsuan (by Rand's request) in his way for the WT, kidnapped by Elaida and trapped on their way there because of the sudden winter?

That doesn't fit with him being Demandred i think.

Roedran is King of Murandy.

Cadsuane found Alsalam Saeed Almadar, King of Arad Doman

Roedran = Demandred is the most prevailing opinion at the moment.

Demandred is not (and never was) that Telaranrhiod guy. Both authors told that Demandred's alias did not appear on screen up through Knife of Dreams.

As far as I am aware, the guy's identity has not yet been revealed.

Demandred is not (and never was) that Telaranrhiod guy. Both authors told that Demandred's alias did not appear on screen up through Knife of Dreams.

You should post this in the thread Barid created about this issue.

You should post this in the thread Barid created about this issue.
It has been a while since I went to the main page of any section. Could you provide either link or title of the thread?

It wasn't Demandred's alias. It was the man himself, before Demandred assumed this alias. There is a difference, I take the author's quotes as saying that Demandred, in his alter ego, has not been seen.

However, that does not include the real Roedran, as it was no alias.

That's my interpretation anyway.

Edit: Should take any further debate to the thread itself, as suggested.