DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Probably a very stupid Q but can someone teach me how to make quotes (as per poster) when making replies? I've tried numerous times on my own (T&E) but don't get it.

Cheers and much appreciated (in anticipation)

If you hit the reply button on a post, it automatically quotes that post for you in the response.

As far as putting something else in a quote, you use [ quote] What you are quoting! [/ quote] minus the spaces in front of the q's

Edited by Finnssss

Probably a very stupid Q but can someone teach me how to make quotes (as per poster) when making replies? I've tried numerous times on my own (T&E) but don't get it.

If you hit the reply button on a post, it automatically quotes that post for you in the response.

As far as putting something else in a quote, you use [ quote] What you are quoting! [/ quote] minus the spaces in front of the q's

Teating (sorry everyone)

Teating (sorry everyone)

Woohoo to myself, it worked! yehaah! Don't tell me you haven't congratulated yourself before! Just be grateful there isn't something that's worth debating right now...

So since Rand lost his left hand, does that mean he can only use his right hand for the "arrow of fire" weave? Or will his left stump work just as well?

Channeling does not need the use of physical gestures, it's just something that is commonly done.

If you wish to attribute a quote, do it like this, using single quotes ' ' :

[ quote name=book, chapter, person, etc] what you are quoting [/ quote]

again, leaving out the spaces before the word quote.

If you wish to attribute a quote, do it like this, using single quotes ' ' :

[ quote name=book, chapter, person, etc] what you are quoting [/ quote]

again, leaving out the spaces before the word quote.

Thanks again FSM but have worked out the

from books earlier through T&E. Not that I don't appreciate your reply or the compliment that you gave my Mat FoM rant at Tuon last week.

There are a lot of joke theories at Theoryland (though I've never heard of that one). Berelain=Moiraine, for example. Evil Min. And then there's Felix/Dida. You can never be sure if all his theories are a joke or if he really believes them.

I heard someone reference the Evil Min Theory somewhere & out of sheer morbid curiosity I spent hours searching for it both here & other places (including theoryland) but the closest I found was people saying things like "that's as crazy as the Evil Min Theory", never the actual theory. Do you happen to know the link to where this guy put it fourth & it was discussed?

There are a lot of joke theories at Theoryland (though I've never heard of that one). Berelain=Moiraine, for example. Evil Min. And then there's Felix/Dida. You can never be sure if all his theories are a joke or if he really believes them.

I heard someone reference the Evil Min Theory somewhere & out of sheer morbid curiosity I spent hours searching for it both here & other places (including theoryland) but the closest I found was people saying things like "that's as crazy as the Evil Min Theory", never the actual theory. Do you happen to know the link to where this guy put it fourth & it was discussed?

It's before my time, so I'm not sure really. I don't pay much attention to loony theories in general. This one comes up a lot among the older members of the site, many of whom prefer lite WoT discussion. I found this from 1998, which is the year Theoryland was created, but I imagine someone posted a 'real' version of it, and it probably got eaten by the hamsters.

It's before my time, so I'm not sure really. I don't pay much attention to loony theories in general. This one comes up a lot among the older members of the site, many of whom prefer lite WoT discussion. I found this from 1998, which is the year Theoryland was created, but I imagine someone posted a 'real' version of it, and it probably got eaten by the hamsters.

That theory is backed up with quotes very well...

Yeah, I couldn't find it either. I was really hoping to hear someone actually try to convince people & read the responses, lol. But thanks for taking the time to look for me.

So since Rand lost his left hand, does that mean he can only use his right hand for the "arrow of fire" weave? Or will his left stump work just as well?

Channeling does not need the use of physical gestures, it's just something that is commonly done.

Yeah that's what I figured. I just thought it would look sort of weird without the fingers.

I thought Mazrim Taim's identity was really obvious, but everyone on this site seems convinced otherwise. I've read the books more than once, but sometimes I do a lot of my reading post ambien, so I'm wondering if I've missed something in the books or if it was just in an interview I never read. I thought he was one of the forsaken or Moridin (I haven't read them in a while, and I get kind of confused with the forsaken because I get a little bored with them, but whichever one was seen in the red and black room). Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Once upon a time there was speculation that Min's viewing abilities were related to the Aelfinn/Eelfinn, or even that she was part *Finn herself somehow. It's possible that was one source of an "Evil Min" theory.

Three sets of slitted eyes lifted from him--reluctantly, it seemed--and studied the air above his head. Finally, the woman on the left said, "You must go to Rhuidean."

-- TSR, Into the Doorway, p. 176

That description sounds a lot like the Aelfinn were looking at auras around Mat, which is obviously similar to what Min does. Do a search on rec.arts.sf.written.robert-jordan (you can find the archives in Google Groups) if you want details.

-- dwn

Once upon a time there was speculation that Min's viewing abilities were related to the Aelfinn/Eelfinn, or even that she was part *Finn herself somehow. It's possible that was one source of an "Evil Min" theory.

Three sets of slitted eyes lifted from him--reluctantly, it seemed--and studied the air above his head. Finally, the woman on the left said, "You must go to Rhuidean."

-- TSR, Into the Doorway, p. 176

That description sounds a lot like the Aelfinn were looking at auras around Mat, which is obviously similar to what Min does. Do a search on rec.arts.sf.written.robert-jordan (you can find the archives in Google Groups) if you want details.

-- dwn

Well yeah they're able to read the Pattern like Min can, how does that make Min evil? How does that make the Aelfinn evil?

Fake edit: Just seeing you weren't saying this.

Killing the weaver normally doesn't remove Compulsion. Using enough balefire to kill the weaver so that the weaver's thread is removed from the Pattern before the Compulsion is woven, does remove Compulsion.

Example 1: Morgause is still under Compulsion from Rahvin even though Rahvin died of balefire because Rahvin had imposed Compulsion on Morgause many months before Rand balefired Rahvin and Rand's balefire couldn't reach back that far.

Example 2: Balefiring Delana and Halima did remove Ramshalam's Compulsion because Rand could balefire their threads back till a time before the Compulsion was imposed.

I thought Mazrim Taim's identity was really obvious, but everyone on this site seems convinced otherwise. I've read the books more than once, but sometimes I do a lot of my reading post ambien, so I'm wondering if I've missed something in the books or if it was just in an interview I never read. I thought he was one of the forsaken or Moridin (I haven't read them in a while, and I get kind of confused with the forsaken because I get a little bored with them, but whichever one was seen in the red and black room). Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Taim's identity is still a secret to us all, except that he is not Demandred, because RJ has said so multiple times (just straight out: Q: Has Demandred ever posed as Mazrim Taim? A: No.).

I can, of course, not be 100% sure he is a secret to us all. Maybe Terez has a theory about him?

Edited by Leyrann

Perhaps, but RJ debunked that for one, and for another, I don't see why that would be an indication that Min was a Darkfriend.

(you can find the archives in Google Groups)

Trust me, I know. I've spent a lot of time digging in those archives for signing reports and the like. :myrddraal:

An enormous sphere made of the finest crystal on a dark hilltop. It sparkles in the light of twenty-three enormous stars. There are cracks in it and it is help together by ropes. Rand walks up with a woodsman axe and chops the ropes. The sphere breaks apart, falling to pieces and Rand shakes his head.

Anyone have any idea of the "twenty-three enormous stars", in Egwene's dream of Rand breaking the seals? Aiel clans plus nations of the world? 11 Clans. 4 Borderlands. 5 under Rand; Arad Doman, Andor, Cairhein, Tear and Illian. 3 Seanchan control; Altara, Amadicia and Tarabon. Then Ghealdan. That's 24 total without counting Murandy if indeed it is under Demandred.

Thoughts?

Moridin is one of the Forsaken (Ishamael revived).

Some have a theory that he is Taim (whatever that means), despite that it seems impossible (timing of Taim's appearance, Rand's interactions with him and Kisman's POV).

I think that Moridin's identity is obvious. He is Moridin.

An enormous sphere made of the finest crystal on a dark hilltop. It sparkles in the light of twenty-three enormous stars. There are cracks in it and it is help together by ropes. Rand walks up with a woodsman axe and chops the ropes. The sphere breaks apart, falling to pieces and Rand shakes his head.

Anyone have any idea of the "twenty-three enormous stars", in Egwene's dream of Rand breaking the seals? Aiel clans plus nations of the world? 11 Clans. 4 Borderlands. 5 under Rand; Arad Doman, Andor, Cairhein, Tear and Illian. 3 Seanchan control; Altara, Amadicia and Tarabon. Then Ghealdan. That's 24 total without counting Murandy if indeed it is under Demandred.

Thoughts?

The Aiel, probably. Someone said their council has 23 members.

I think it has nothing to do with the seals or the dark one's prison. Egwene is wrong, as usual.

Thoughts?

I think no one is in control in Ghealdan, so that would make 23.