DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Twilight Saga: New Moon Mafia Game-Over, Vampire Team Volturi Win and Naeann

Minuet

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, it's entirely possible for the cult to have a chance of failing or not recruiting.

There's no way anyone could know the cult has had 100% successful recruits unless they were a member of the cult, or the mod.

If the Volturi is a cult, then it probably started with Aro and possibly Jane.  I'm thinking out loud here because originally I'd thought the Volturi could be cult but at the same time thought that might not fit because the cult usually starts with only one or two people, and the Volturi have more in the books.  However, it makes sense if Aro and Jane, or maybe someone else and Jane, or only Aro, etc; are cult in the beginning of the game.  Not every Volturi has to be present in Forks at the same time. :D

Oh, also, I think if the Volturi is cult they can recruit anyone, not just vampires.  And that would fit with the books, too, because they had humans working for them as well as vamps.  *lol* Not like the books affect the game setup, as Min has said, but it doesn't hurt to theorize.

• Club Leader

I've never seen him be that obvious, but he is the king of typos. Sometimes I have to puzzle out what he means. I'm going to wait and see what he has to say. If he's wiggling out of something, I think I'll know. At least I used to always know. Like I said, my eye is on him, but I agree that this seems too obvious for Pete. Something's not right here. Unless he's a solo winner who wins when he is lynched, and he has learned to be subtle about it.....lol. (Those of you who know about the Princess Bride game will know what I mean.)

So then pete has given himself away pretty badly

But it doesn't seem like a pete-ish mistake.. Its very careless

Are you kidding me?  Go check out Charmed mafia.  If I wasn't Cole I'd have been 110000000000 percent positive Pete was a bad guy in that game... uncontested finder reveal or not.  He made so many careless posts in that game he made my job easy and made it so I lasted 3 days longer than I technically should have.  Even still it came down to a technicality and a coin toss. Almost all of my arguments in that game were based on factual logic in that he couldn't even keep his role/character straight.

He has very very good abilities at sniffing out scum but he has the most insane, pointless logic of anyone I've ever seen in any game.  I'm forever baffled at how he figures out stuff... like that I was scum simply because I agreed with Min that Cole was in the game.  Never mind that EVERYONE figured he was in the game.

starting new years eve a bit early Lily??  ehhehehe  that wil be me, tonight and with appletini's  *drools*

well i'm starting to think the cult thing is more plausable.  especially sicne there has only been one nk at a time.

does the cult usually have the ability to nk someone???  if they don't then we will know come day time.

*eyes pete*  yeah that statement does seem a bit odd.....  and i agree totally about the charmed game, of course i got lynched because i stuck to that belief :P lol  but that is a different game. 

in this game i'm not sure about pete .... yet

I'm just saying its not unlike Pete to be careless.  That entire game he was careless.  It's not above any player.  Even the legends like Kivam and DPR have made careless plays.  I really DON'T think it was simply that statement that led him to believe that I was scum.  I think the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, was that I was so keen to be viewed.

It's not a matter of Pete knowing me or any of us knowing anyone in the game.  I've seen several new players to the game make great plays when they didn't know ANYONE.  That's why I love the games played with the alts.(there are a set of accounts that were made specifically for mafia games... of the chosen from WOT)  No one knows who anyone is.  Sometimes you can pick out playstyles but for the most part you are in the dark and have to play strictly off of the game instead of metagaming or chosing Bob because thats how he always plays when he's a bad guy.

• Club Leader

Oh, Nae, that would be fun.

No, Red, not starting early. I had a really, really bad day yesterday. I rarely drink, yet somehow, I have managed more alcohol this month than the entire last year....lol.

Now, to go back and see what pinged my drunk radar and see if it still does....lol.

• Club Leader

Okay, I know what it is, and it's a quieter ping without the whiskey. Tynaal's defense of Pete seems like a teammate trying not to look like a teammate. I could be wrong, but I thought I'd put it out there and see what you all thought, or what they have to say.

Okay, I know what it is, and it's a quieter ping without the whiskey. Tynaal's defense of Pete seems like a teammate trying not to look like a teammate. I could be wrong, but I thought I'd put it out there and see what you all thought, or what they have to say.

Tynaal doesn't seem to be defending Pete to me.  As for Pete, I'd really like to hear what he has to say about that 100% thing, because that is a very bold assumption to make imo.

I agree about Tynaal and Pete...I don't think Tyn was defending him.  At least not about this game.  Maybe about the Charmed game, but that's understandable because they ARE souvras.  It's natural to want to stick up for your friends. :D

Just to be clear, I don't accept friendship as an excuse for iffy plays in a game or that kind of thing; the game is its own world and friendships from outside don't and shouldn't work the same way in this world.  If Tynaal HAD said something about THIS game that sounded like a defense of Pete, I'd agree with you, Lily.  But since she actually seems to think he's cult..

Ah wait, hang on a sec....Okay.  That quote about it not seeming like a Pete-ish mistake because it was very careless...I think I can see where you're coming from on that, Lily.  I wasn't looking at that one, originally; I thought you were talking about what Tyn said to Nae.

You could very well be onto something then, Lily.

That would mean Tynaal was recruited, then, because I believe her claim of Edward (that was her, right? I wouldn't put it past myself to remember totally wrong).

• Club Leader

I did admit I could be wrong, and it's mild, but it's one of those gut things. I don't like to ignore them altogether. Sometimes mentioning them can give you some interesting info. And, honestly, it's the closest thing to a suspect I've got. I guess it just seems like something I would say if I was trying to save a teammate. And well, we're both close to Pete, so...... sheesh! The more I say the weaker this sounds, even to me.

Pete, whatcha got for us? Enquiring minds want to know. What DID you mean, exactly?

You know, though, Ty defended Pete as much as you are doing right now.  She said it seemed too careless for him, and you said it could be a typo and have prodded him to explain what he meant.

I mean, come on, like he's really going to say "You know what, you're right! I AM cult, and I totally just made a Freudian slip there and gave myself away."

You're not really seeming hugely weird about this, but I admit you're jiggling my scumdar here.  I know I'm good at weaving crazily elaborate plots and schemes in my mind from nothing but moonlight and shadows, that ultimately turn out to be completely incorrect, but I'm not going to discount any possibility; one thing I've learned in my time playing mafia is that often the overlooked possibilities are the ones that turn out to be the way things are.

ANYway, I know I'm going SOMEwhere with this...Oh, right. Anyway, it kind of seems to me like you could be doing what you're "theorizing" that Ty's doing, and actually only theorizing about it to put the possibility out there while at the same time pinning it to someone else.  So that you seem mildly helpful, and every time that theory comes up people will look at someone other than you.  I hope I'm being coherent right now, and that what I'm saying makes sense.

Basically, like you're trying to hide in plain sight.  People do that all the time; they argue a point that could either work and throw suspicion on someone else or that will seem ridiculous and be discredited, even though it's actually true.  So then people will look elsewhere for the solution, and never find it.

At least this theory is more feasible than some of the other ones I've come up with in my time (I'm thinking of in the Christmas Tale game). :D

• Club Leader

Meesh, you always have a theory about me lately. I'm not going to say anything, really. You'll decide what you choose to believe.

And you are a good enough player to know why I'm prodding Pete. His answer will be telling, one way or the other, most likely. (He's good enough to know this, too, or I would never admit it openly.) Still, that's where you get scum slips most often, right? When someone is defending themselves?

It's the best I've got to work with right now, okay? RL is intense at the moment, but I'm trying to do my part here as best I can. And that's the only thing that's even raising an eyebrow for me.

*hugs Lily* Oh, Lily Lily, I wasn't accusing you or attacking you.  It's JUST a game, and if I have a thought about something game-related, I'm not going to hold back, no matter how ridiculous or boring or redundant it might seem to other people.

I am letting this slide for the moment because I know you have cause to be snippy and/or emotional, but you did seem a tad defensive for something that I tried to clarify as only being a theory.  It's not a whole lot, and I'm not taking my own theory as gospel.  I was just theorizing, just like you said you were doing.

And I have theories about EVERYONE lately, Lily.  Again, I'm going to accept this as just emotional strain rather than scum defensiveness, because this isn't the first time you or I have gotten emotional lately.

Just try not to take everything so personally.  Because it's not.  It's a game.

Talking about crazy theories.. I have On bout Nae.. I cant find the quote now cause i'm On my phone, but i'll post it later.....

Its where Nae changes her vote cause of pete's... And her statement there made me think like wtf.. Changing her vote just cause of pete is hectic... Especially since there was a majority going I think

Well I'm getting nowhere with Pete so I'll [glow=red,2,300]unvote and vote Alanna[/glow].  That puts it 5/6...

Did you mean this quote?  She had her vote on him, I believe, and then since pretty much no one else was voting him, she changed it to Alanna, for a majority.

That was the last vote she made, too, so don't know what you're on about. :P

Ty dear that sounds like you are trying to pull theories about me out of thin air because you didn't like my comment about Pete.  That sounds even MORE like defending him than what Lily said sounded like that.

Meesh... those two long statements up there where you first started using white?  I can sum them up in one sentence.

WIFOM!!  ;D

Why was it so much more agro in my memories?

Lol okay.. I think i'll do a reread before I start On theories again...

Oh and since last round I was planning On voting for pete.. But since we needed a majority. Yeah...

Omg.. Now I get what she meant.. That she's getting nowhere with her vote On him.. Not that she won't vote for someone with him. Stupid stupid stupid me

Edit.. nae I just think I should turn my damn brain on. Lol

Archived