DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

then why was rand wondering where the final seal was and if it was safe?

or that may have been eggy or nyneave. i might be wrong

No one person in the story knows where they all are, iirc.  Rand doesn't know about the one Nynaeve & Elayne picked up in Tanchico and carried to the SAS.  It broke sometime during their trip from Valan Luca's circus to Salidar.

stupid jester man. why did u break a seal to the DOs prison?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then why was rand wondering where the final seal was and if it was safe?

or that may have been eggy or nyneave. i might be wrong

No one person in the story knows where they all are, iirc.  Rand doesn't know about the one Nynaeve & Elayne picked up in Tanchico and carried to the SAS.  It broke sometime during their trip from Valan Luca's circus to Salidar.

stupid jester man. why did u break a seal to the DOs prison?

Blame the Super Girls.  Moiraine actually pack them in barrels with stuffing so they wouldn't get jostled around too much while traveling with them.  The girls refused to check on it or even look at the seal after they collected it.  Heck, there's a scene when Nynaeve wraps it up in some spare dresses and tosses it down-that's probably how it broke.  Stupid Accepted.

Blame the Super Girls.  Moiraine actually pack them in barrels with stuffing so they wouldn't get jostled around too much while traveling with them.  The girls refused to check on it or even look at the seal after they collected it.  Heck, there's a scene when Nynaeve wraps it up in some spare dresses and tosses it down-that's probably how it broke.  Stupid Accepted.

I'll jump on that band wagon.  As much as I love the ladies in this story, for all their disdainful attitudes toward the guys, they have to take credit for a ton of idiotic behaviors.  But they won't, cause everything is the wool-headed males' fault, right? :) 

Seriously though, I think Craell23 is right about all 7 being accounted for...

Wouldn't it be a kicker if this unnoticed thing was something really uber clever....like a cover art thing, or some junk like that.

That would be very cool. Unfortunately, whatever it is, it will most likely have been discussed by someone here, so instead of us saying "Wow, didn't see that coming!" it'll be "Wow, <suchandsuch> was right."

Fighting among the Borderlanders hardly qualifies as unnoticed.  RJ was directly asked about it more than once, and it's essentially confirmed that there was something of a messy argument when they learned that Rand was the Dragon Reborn.

I was re-reading tSR and I think that I noticed something that was not yet discussed (at least I didn't see it so far).

When Fain comes back from the patrol and right before he "talks" to Fade, he thinks about Rand and all, and than he thinks something along the line - some one, one of them, is somewhere towards Emond Field. He means Perrin! I had no idea that Fain can sense Perrin. Does that also mean Mat? He also makes a point to distinguish that if it was Rand he would know it right away. So, what's that all about? I didn't have time to look in other books to see if reference to this is made again. Any ideas?

On another note: I find it so funny that everyone could not figure Verin out while Mat reads her as an open book first time he sees her since Tar Valon in tGS. Ironic, after all he is the one who suppose to be jumping into thing and not seeing what is clear. :)

yeah, fain can sense all 3 of them, since before book 1, its all to do with his distillation thingy the DO did to him. theyy knew the dragon reborn lived somewhere on his peddling route, so they did all that stuff to him, then set him loose, then after 1 year he returned to shayol ghul where he was distilled further which narrowed down who the dragon was to those three, then on his next visit to emonds field he knew it was rand cos he tugs at him the most. i think moiraine explains it all at the end of book 1/the beginning of book 2.

yeah, fain can sense all 3 of them, since before book 1, its all to do with his distillation thingy the DO did to him. theyy knew the dragon reborn lived somewhere on his peddling route, so they did all that stuff to him, then set him loose, then after 1 year he returned to shayol ghul where he was distilled further which narrowed down who the dragon was to those three, then on his next visit to emonds field he knew it was rand cos he tugs at him the most. i think moiraine explains it all at the end of book 1/the beginning of book 2.

that is correct. Fain had some intensely nasty things done to him at Shayol Ghul. He absolutely hates the DO for what he did to him, and blames Rand personally for it. Mix that hatred with adifferent evil incarnate like Mordeth and you've got a form of evil that even scares the DO. To the point that he has Slayer specifically going after him. Fain is immensely bad news.

yes, but knowing the difference between Rand and Perrin and Mat...? I dont think that came into play before. Also, I'm not so sure that Fain was able to sense anyone besides Rand...i'm not sure on this thought, I have to check EoTW for that.

Of course he feels all three (for example, when Mat(?) takes Egwene down to the cells in Fal Dara, Fein is waiting for them when they arrive. But I'm sure that's in his PoV somewhere, as well), and he can also distinguish Rand (when Rand steals the horn back, he yells "al'Thor", though all three were following him before.

Hello,

I don´t want to read all the 172 pages so forgive me if my speculation is already mentioned.

In the beginning of book 4 is a chapter of Lanfear. In this chapter its mentioned that only two more powerful sangreal fore men was ever built. One is now destroyed but the second ?

Could it be that it also was hidden in Rhuedian and is know on one of Kaderes wagons heading to the white tower ?

The problem with this theory is that I can´t find any more indications in the later books.

I've thought about the whole Rand being Galad's brother being it too but it seems we've all talked about it before.  The only thing that would lead me to believe this is the unnoticed thing is if the fact that it isn't extensively talked about makes it the right thing.  Hmm i dunno.

Um, I don't really want to read 100+ pages, so how did this thread get a Mistborn Spoiler addition?  I've read Mistborn twice so you won't spoil anything by telling me.

Someone compared this unnoticed thing to that minor detail in Mistborn which becomes significant later.

That's all i really remember since I haven't read Mistborn.

Both 4 and 6 mention the Aiel Men running off to the Blight when its first found out they can channel. If I were on the Dark Side I'd have 13+13 waiting for them to create an Army of Dreadlords and keep them hidden deep in the Blight training Dark Spawn for the upcoming fun. Not sure that would be a Big Thing but you have to figure Demandred is enjoying their arrival and addition to his vast Army.

Archived