DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Dig the prior responses, and yes, for those who can't see it, Selucia is ONLY a trained assassin.  A badass assassin, but still an assassin.  No channeling. 

On another note, could the big thing be that Rand knows pretty much nothing about Tel'aron'rhiod?  Because, when he battles Rahvin there, he wishes he knew more about it.  And, no one ever takes the time (cough, Egwene), to teach him about it, aside from telling him that what he did was "evil".  I have a feeling that TAR is going to be a big thing in the LB.  Thoughts?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could the big thing be that game that mordin is playing on one of this books ( im not sure which one), a game that reminding chess with a blind fisherman, and shows that the real war is about who's have the dragon reborn on his side?  (by the way, i apologize for my spelling and grammar for its not my first language.) 

could the big thing be that game that mordin is playing on one of this books ( im not sure which one), a game that reminding chess with a blind fisherman, and shows that the real war is about who's have the dragon reborn on his side?  (by the way, i apologize for my spelling and grammar for its not my first language.)   

Shah rah I think it's called?

I saw that more as a metaphor for Moridins overall plans

Ok, all of you slow down.

1. Tuon cannot channel. With training she could, but as things stands she simply has the ability to learn. According to RJ she is not even like how Zeta and Bethamin. They, due to their long sul'dam work were so close that they could step over any time (and thus could be held by an a'dam). Tuon cannot as yet be held by an a'dam. She is too young. Too inexperienced as a sul'dam for all her seeming skill.

2. Selucia cannot channel. Even if, like Tuon, she could have been trained as sul'dam (which is not impossible) she cannot channel.

But the first time we hear about the Daughter of the Nine Moons is in Book IV.

Actually Tuon is mentioned as heir to Seanchan (though not by title) in tGH.

1. Tuon cannot channel. With training she could, but as things stands she simply has the ability to learn. According to RJ she is not even like how Zeta and Bethamin. They, due to their long sul'dam work were so close that they could step over any time (and thus could be held by an a'dam). Tuon cannot as yet be held by an a'dam. She is too young. Too inexperienced as a sul'dam for all her seeming skill.

Ah - KoD when she grabs Joline and Teslyn together, she's holding two damane simultaneously - the first time we even learn this is possible. Also when she tries to channel at Mat during that scene she's shocked because she sees the weaves melt.

I'd say she's well along the way to stepping over as you call it, she's skilled and practised enough to be held.

Could the BUT be the scene in LoC Ch. 22 where Mat finds a slaughtered band of Tinkers with the message "Tell the Dragon Reborn" written on a wagon? I don't think we've found out since what that was all about, and it would fit Brandon's statements that it's a puzzle at the time it's introduced... This seems like a possibility to me since from the end of tGS it seems that the Tinkers could still have a role yet.

Ah - KoD when she grabs Joline and Teslyn together, she's holding two damane simultaneously - the first time we even learn this is possible. Also when she tries to channel at Mat during that scene she's shocked because she sees the weaves melt.

I'd say she's well along the way to stepping over as you call it, she's skilled and practised enough to be held.

I may be wrong but my understanding was that Tuon was equivalent to a person who had a spark, probly to weak to go to the Tower, but had not learned. Those who held the adam would be like those who would have started to channel on their own if not picked by the Tower.

I may be wrong but my understanding was that Tuon was equivalent to a person who had a spark, probly to weak to go to the Tower, but had not learned. Those who held the adam would be like those who would have started to channel on their own if not picked by the Tower.

The Seanchan test all young girls from around age 14 to see if they're held by the A'dam and if they can sense a channeler through the A'dam.

Those who can use the A'dam - the Sul'dam - are not sparkers. No way of knowing what their potential will be if they are not trained. We've seen non-sparkers like Nicola and Sharina, who have very high potential.We have no idea what tuon's potential is - she could be strong or weak.

Those who are held by the A'dam first go- the damane- are all sparkers. In general, sparkers tend to be strong channelers and it would be possible to judge their potential if an AS was close to them.  

Once a sul'dam has been using the A'dam for a while, she comes closer to the edge of learning to channel. But even a highly experienced sul'dam needs to be taught how to channel.

What was Rand's third question to the Aelfinn?

He meets them in Book VI, TSR ch 15, and asks (as we find out later, Book VI, LoC ch26) how to cleanse saidin, and how to win the Last Battle and survive. but what else did he ask? He would not have wasted his opportunity by asking only two questions. The third would have been at least as significant.. so what was it?

I thought that those were two separate questions - how do i win the last battle? How do i do it and survive?  The answers were "the 2 must be one" crap and "to live you must die".

I suppose if he went in there really thinking, he'd have asked it all as one question.

They were. The Aelfinn will allow one visit only from any person, and during that visit they will answer up to three questions (though Mat, with his usual luck, manages to squeeze 4 answers out of them - he must go to Rhuidean or he will die, he is fated to marry the Daughter of the Nine Moons, to die and live again, and to give up half the light of the world to save the world. TSR,Ch15) We have only heard two of Rand's qs. Is the third the BUT? What might that q be?

They were. The Aelfinn will allow one visit only from any person, and during that visit they will answer up to three questions (though Mat, with his usual luck, manages to squeeze 4 answers out of them - he must go to Rhuidean or he will die, he is fated to marry the Daughter of the Nine Moons, to die and live again, and to give up half the light of the world to save the world. TSR,Ch15) We have only heard two of Rand's qs. Is the third the BUT? What might that q be?

Mat actually had two other questions answers.  Go to Rhuidean was one of them.  Can't remember the other off the top of my head.

Oh, right. ISWYM. The question is told (later) as 'How can I [Rand] win the last battle and survive' which, as you point out, is ambiguous. The Aelfinn could easily have treated it as two separate questions.

(Nuts!)

I'd always assumed that Rand went in there planning to ask about how to cleanse saidin and how to win the last battle.  Up until that point, he was assuming that he was required to die because of the blood on rocks at SG line of the prophecy.  I can see him asking the win and win + live questions separately in case the win + live would get an impossible answer.  Which, as far as he can tell right now, it did.

My statement was not me, but RJ--Tuon is not at the stage where the a'dam could hold her.

Sorry, I didnt feel like reading all 168 previous posts to see if anything I have to add was mentioned before.

1) What did Moiraine see when she went to Rhuidean? It was said that they think they saw through their ansestors eyes. Did she see her forefathers give the Aiel water? Or worse?

2) If the taint of Shadar Logoth spreads, does this mean there are thousands of Fain followers out there now? Do they have a part to play in the final battle? Who does Fain hate more, the DO or Rand?

3) Lan'fear tells Rand there are two more powerful an'greal than Callandor that a man can use. The Choeden Kal is one, whats the other? Where is it?

4) Egwene finds a broken Choeden Kal in Tanchiro while wandering the world of dreams. Is there another male Choeden Kal out there?

5) Is the song the Travelling people seek the seed sewing song Rand sees while walking through the crystal pillars in Rhuidean? Aiel, Ogier, and Nym all sing it while sewing the crops.

Im only on chapter 36 of The Shadow Rising, so Ill have more questions soon enough.

Completly agree (couple pages back). But also have to agree that this is not tBUT. In any event, I think it would also fit that Mat marries a channeler (bloody luck! :))

Archived