DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

I doubt the OP would be used to "heal" the Bore.  That was tried already, albeit with just the male side, but the taint was the result.  Also, I'm pretty sure RJ said somewhere that if the female Aes Sedai had joined in, then their side would have been tainted as well (rather than have been successful).

Granted, the Nyv can heal anything argument is there.  But my money is if the healing theory is correct, it will be done through Rand (Matt & Perin too) use of his ta'vern power.  BS has been pretty explicit that Rand can actually manipulate the pattern with his threat to stop Caus's heart and almost getting Tuon to agree to an alliance.  I'm betting that not just one but three of the most powerful ta'vern can do some interesting stuff.  Not that the OP won't be in play, but I think the ta'vern is what links the 3 most imp characters together and makes more sense to thematically use.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the OP would be used to "heal" the Bore.  That was tried already, albeit with just the male side, but the taint was the result.  Also, I'm pretty sure RJ said somewhere that if the female Aes Sedai had joined in, then their side would have been tainted as well (rather than have been successful).

Granted, the Nyv can heal anything argument is there.  But my money is if the healing theory is correct, it will be done through Rand (Matt & Perin too) use of his ta'vern power.  BS has been pretty explicit that Rand can actually manipulate the pattern with his threat to stop Caus's heart and almost getting Tuon to agree to an alliance.  I'm betting that not just one but three of the most powerful ta'vern can do some interesting stuff.  Not that the OP won't be in play, but I think the ta'vern is what links the 3 most imp characters together and makes more sense to thematically use.

Here's the thing though. It could be a viable theory, because Rand knows that whatever he does to seal the bore won't involve him or the OP touching the bore at all. He knows that's how Saidin got atinted in the first place, with direct contact with the DO. He could still try to heal the bore in the Pattern using different ways than touching the bore directly. This is the very thing Min has been working on for months, trying to find a solution to this problem. Healing the bore just seems to be an interesting aspect of fixing things.

This actually just made me think that Nynaeve and Flinn really need to meet up at some point and compare notes. The two of them working together with saidar and saidin could probably heal some ridiculous stuff - maybe this bore theory, or maybe Rand's wounds, or maybe even raising the dead?

I'd say Samitsu and Sumeko need to be added to that mix...the four of them all have definate talents with healing...they could learn from each other.

or maybe even raising the dead?

You cannot raise the Dead or at least the only way is the way the DO is does it. Once one dies the string of life ends and disappears.

They also said it was impossible to heal stilling, until Nynaeve did it. Even the AoL people thought that was impossible.

You cannot raise the Dead or at least the only way is the way the DO is does it. Once one dies the string of life ends and disappears.

They also said it was impossible to heal stilling, until Nynaeve did it. Even the AoL people thought that was impossible.

Also a good point. As healing a previously stilled or gentled person was said to be impossible, even in the AoL.

Also a good point. As healing a previously stilled or gentled person was said to be impossible, even in the AoL.

Actually one could argue that Nynaeve already knows how to raise the dead (Birgitte).

Actually one could argue that Nynaeve already knows how to raise the dead (Birgitte).

But Birgitte was a special case. She was tied to the Horn and awaited her rebirth in T'A'R. And she was ripped out of T'A'R. Whose to say every soul awaits rebirth in the World of Dreams?

But Birgitte was a special case. She was tied to the Horn and awaited her rebirth in T'A'R. And she was ripped out of T'A'R. Whose to say every soul awaits rebirth in the World of Dreams?

Bodes well for the Dragon's soul then....

birgitte wasnt dead though she was in more of a coma

im gone for 2 weeks taking exams and there are 30 new pages wow.  is it possible that Rand dies fighting the DO the first time and goes back to TAR where all the heroes are.  Just because the DR is dead does not mean that the shadow is victorious yet.  At this point, Nyneave could go to TAR and rip the dragon soul back out into the world, where Min, Avi, and Elayne are conveniently waiting to bond him.  So Rand is given a second chance at defeating the DO, and he does not have to try it with a body that is literally falling apart on him.

I just read past the Asmo kill and I started thinking about who it could be and I got this theory that I actually think could be possibe. When Lanfear and Mor went through the door it melted because Mor had an angreal with her when they entered therefore making it impossible to get back but we know she's still alive but that Lanfear some books later turns out to have died. Now remember when Mat made his deals on the other side of the door without offering a price first they tried to kill him. What if that's how Lanfear died and what if one of her requests were that Asmo should die or even that she should be the one to kill him? The "You? No..." suggests it's someone Asmo knows but didn't expect to see and also sggests he knows that he's gone die and Lanfear sure makes a good candidate for all of those points. Now if this were th case then what were her 2 other requests?

im gone for 2 weeks taking exams and there are 30 new pages wow.  is it possible that Rand dies fighting the DO the first time and goes back to TAR where all the heroes are.  Just because the DR is dead does not mean that the shadow is victorious yet.  At this point, Nyneave could go to TAR and rip the dragon soul back out into the world, where Min, Avi, and Elayne are conveniently waiting to bond him.  So Rand is given a second chance at defeating the DO, and he does not have to try it with a body that is literally falling apart on him.

J.K. Rowling already did that one. I hope RJ/BS doesn't, too. Even if RJ had it planned since 94, JKR had it in print first.

birgitte wasnt dead though she was in more of a coma

How did you reason that out? Birgitte wasnt in a coma when she was in TAR, she was between lives, hence being in TAR

Two theories that I'd like to throw out there:

Someone posted this a while ago:

who Gaidin Cain(sp) was reborn as

I personally believe that Gaidal Cain was reborn as Olver. There had been references made to Gaidal Cain being really ugly, along with Birgitte's preference for ugly men, and Olver is repeatedly described as "having a face only a mother could love" and other euphemisms for just being a really unattractive kid. Also, he's young, I think either around 6-7 or around 10, and Gaidal Cain had left Tel'aran'rhiod relatively early in the series. I know he didn't leave that early, but RJ has repeatedly emphasized the fact that time flows differently in Tel'aran'rhiod, so it's possible that Gaidal could have seemed to have left Tel'aran'rhiod within the past year or two, but really have been reborn 6-10 years ago.

However, I think the puzzle Brandon is referring to is who exactly Noal Charin is. Noal was first mentioned as an old white-haired man outside of Jaichim Carridin's palace in LoC, and was referred to a few times after that until he came out of nowhere to save Mat from the gholam in WH, earning Mat's trust and a place in his entourage.

Two theories that I'd like to throw out there:

Someone posted this a while ago:

who Gaidin Cain(sp) was reborn as

I personally believe that Gaidal Cain was reborn as Olver. There had been references made to Gaidal Cain being really ugly, along with Birgitte's preference for ugly men, and Olver is repeatedly described as "having a face only a mother could love" and other euphemisms for just being a really unattractive kid. Also, he's young, I think either around 6-7 or around 10, and Gaidal Cain had left Tel'aran'rhiod relatively early in the series. I know he didn't leave that early, but RJ has repeatedly emphasized the fact that time flows differently in Tel'aran'rhiod, so it's possible that Gaidal could have seemed to have left Tel'aran'rhiod within the past year or two, but really have been reborn 6-10 years ago.

I had always thought Olver was Gaidal Cain too, but unfortunately RJ debunked that theory :-(

Q: Is Olver Gaidal Cain?

RJ: No. I didn't really think that this would last as long as it has. The timing is wrong. He has another reason for being there besides being a red herring, though.

Q: He's too old.

RJ: Yes. Time in T'A'R and the real world run at different rates, but it never runs backwards. You may spend an hour in T'A'R, and a day has passed when you get back, or you may spend a day, and an hour has passed when you get back, but you'll never go in on Tuesday and come back on Monday.

(from Theoryland)

I had always thought Olver was Gaidal Cain too, but unfortunately RJ debunked that theory :-(

Alright, I was thinking that if Birgitte spent a year in Tel'aran'rhiod without Gaidal, then by the time she came out 6-10 years could have passed, but if he was there the first time Nynaeve met her then the timing definitely wouldn't work. And since RJ says Olver isn't Gaidal.... then he's not. Oh well.

I like how he says Olver has another reason for being there though, has there ever been a WoT character that didn't have a legitimate reason for existing?

Yep.  How about Else Grinwell?

She (or a similar character) needed to exist so Lanfear could later impersonate her and mislead Mat then Egwene and Nynaeve. She also served as an excuse for Mat to dodge questions by an Aes Sedai later (I forget who) by pretending to be her brother.

Yep.  How about Else Grinwell?

She (or a similar character) needed to exist so Lanfear could later impersonate her and mislead Mat then Egwene and Nynaeve. She also served as an excuse for Mat to dodge questions by an Aes Sedai later (I forget who) by pretending to be her brother.

?????? Lanfear was Else Grinwell? Where did we see that happening?

?????? Lanfear was Else Grinwell? Where did we see that happening?

tDR, ch24 Mat meets Else in the courtyard of the White Tower but she seems different, more knowing and more Aes Sedai like. She says she knows him, not that she remembers him, then hurries away saying that she has "....work" to do.

Then in the next chapter "Else" goes to Elayne (not Egwene, my bad) and Nynaeve's room and gives them a supposed message from the Amyrlin informing them that Liandrin and the other Black Ajah sisters' belongings were left in a storeroom, the faked belongings that were supposed to lead Elayne and Nynaeve to Tear. When Elayne and Nynaeve mention this to Siuan later, she said that Else had left 10 days earlier.

It might have been Mesaana impersonating Else, but I'm pretty sure I remember either reading something in the books or an argument on here that convinced me it was Lanfear.

Archived