DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Note: Vulgir replied whilst I was writing, and his is more complete than mine.

The magic of copy and paste

WOT encyclopaedia...:P

I don't think it is on how free the DO is....

We see pretty clear evidence he has enough power to manipulate the White towers innards....

Bubbles of evil...

All that good stuff. ;D

EDIT NEW:

lol...Night Luckers....

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is another thing I was saying is that Rand or Egwene doesn't know where each and every seal is or what the status of it is.

They don't have one person who know about all of them.

BS could just write Luckers into the next book and solve that problem, although I fancy he'd be a Darkfriend. :)

Rand: Okay theres one more seal out there, and we're not ready for the Last Battle yet. Asha'Man Travel and search. Matt wander around and use your luck, maybe you can find it. It's imperitive that seal isn't broken before i can ally with the Seanchan.

Nynaeve: I broke it, but if you think for one second Rand Al'Thor ill take any blame for these Seals breaking cause some wool headed man couldn't make his half right!

Rand: No one really likes you Nynaeve, you know that right?

I don't think it is on how free the DO is....

We see pretty clear evidence he has enough power to manipulate the White towers innards...."Bubbles of evil"...

Bubbles of EVIL? Hmmmm.... White Tower Innards gettin moved about instantly, Faile feeling the "waver"(my term) in reality, the dead walking? Hinderstap more or less residing in TWO realities; one in daylight another at night?

Is evil what these really are? The DO's touch? Or simply some malfunction junction in the Pattern for whatever reason?

Could it be something Rand inadvertently did using the Portal Stones in TSR?

What causes me to have struck on this is the similarity between Faile's description of what happened to her and someone's POV during the Portal Stone trip to The Waste and the "weirdness" to the Tower. Floors melting: Wasn't that effect also in the EotW prologue? The dead walking about? They could be alternate reality residents misplaced, yes?

Also, the fact that pieces of the Tower move about randomly as if they are transported "whole cloth" one place to another as if they are just pieces of differing realities swapped about.

WOW, I think I am losing my mind.

One more question than - is there any info as to how free DO is compared to the last age? And did RJ spoken on the DO's freedom state at any time (or BS for that matter)? I know that's irrelevant to the question at hand but I just wonder.

I'm fairly sure there is, but its 2am here and I'm heading to bed.

If no one's responded I'll see what I can find in the morning. Sorry dude, I be dead.

Sounds good and thanks in advance. Oh..and aahhhh...have sweet dreams???...  ;D

And why is the Pattern all dysfunctional?

Because the DO is breaking free and he has more control over it.

It's been said repeatedly more or less, "What you THINK you know is NOT what you really know." Yeah, I agree, that has been the assumption. Characters think it, relate it to each and the other etc. But is that really it?

The DO is more or less in the same position he was BEFORE the War of Power. Though the Bore is somewhat larger (from what I think I've read somewhere) it STILL needs to be enlarged significantly (and with help from those inside and of the Pattern) for the DO to fully enter The Pattern or something like that.

SO is HE really the cause of ALL the trouble?

I dont think Rand gave it to her bc even he was wondering where it came from. Or am I losing my mind again?!  :)

You're losing your mind.  

Rand wonders about Avi's necklace which was given to her by Egwene.  I still don't understand why she wouldn't tell him that when he asked, unless it was in protest of him being nosy.  

Rand got the bracelet from the Maidens to try to bribe Avi to be civil toward him.  The Maidens thought it was a "regard gift," aka box o chocolates on V day.  We know nothing about where they got the bracelet but I doubt it's a ter'angreal or anything special.  No idea why Sorilea would be interested in it, I forgot that she'd noticed it at all.

It's strange that GLoD should flex his muscles by playing Lego with the White Tower and the Stone. But this really starts happening further into the series.

The DO isn't directly reaching out and changing the layout of the Whitetower. The idea of bubbles of evil is that he releases part of his "chaos" into the pattern and it settles somewhere and changes the Pattern.

The first bubble of evil I remember is from book 4. Rand gets attacked by images in the mirror, Mat gets attacked by the cards, and Perrin/Faile get attacked by Perrin's axe.

Oh, I remember one that MIGHT be a bubble of evil from book 2.. Rand got knocked back by a gust of wind into Lan. But I don't know if that is one or not.

The physical changes and dead walking in the later books seem different from the Bubbles of Evil in the earlier ones. BoE tend to be bizarre and violently dangerous events but physical features of the landscape don't change with BoE. There's the fog in CoS and the mirror/ cards etc in the Stone and the BoE in Salidar - in each case, the landscape and buildings remained the same, while people died in weird ways.

In the physical changes of the later books, the worst that seems to happen is that people get lost, in the Caemlyn Palace, the White Tower, and the Stone. Even when the change actually happens, they just get transported like the Browns in the Tower. Or like Nyn, wake up to find they're in a doorless, windowless room. Ok, there was that ghost village in Shiota where the tinker was buried alive.

Oh, I remember one that MIGHT be a bubble of evil from book 2.. Rand got knocked back by a gust of wind into Lan. But I don't know if that is one or not.

I remember an interview from RJ where he mentioned that gust of wind was pretty much the first bubble of evil. 

I think of the Pattern like an elaborate tapestry with the Dark One like some cat that clawing on the thing and ripping out threads and causing these bubbles of evil.  Sometimes the threads he rips out are the White Tower's hallway arrangement, and sometimes they're people's lives like when people's internal organs turn into insects. 

I doubt the Dark One has much control over the ensuing chaos, he's just trying to rip the Pattern apart, and his claws are getting sharper as the seals weaken.

The physical changes and dead walking in the later books seem different from the Bubbles of Evil in the earlier ones. BoE tend to be bizarre and violently dangerous events but physical features of the landscape don't change with BoE. There's the fog in CoS and the mirror/ cards etc in the Stone and the BoE in Salidar - in each case, the landscape and buildings remained the same, while people died in weird ways.

In the physical changes of the later books, the worst that seems to happen is that people get lost, in the Caemlyn Palace, the White Tower, and the Stone. Even when the change actually happens, they just get transported like the Browns in the Tower. Or like Nyn, wake up to find they're in a doorless, windowless room. Ok, there was that ghost village in Shiota where the tinker was buried alive.

actually it was a peddler that got buried not trying to play semantics

I remember an interview from RJ where he mentioned that gust of wind was pretty much the first bubble of evil. 

I think of the Pattern like an elaborate tapestry with the Dark One like some cat that clawing on the thing and ripping out threads and causing these bubbles of evil.  Sometimes the threads he rips out are the White Tower's hallway arrangement, and sometimes they're people's lives like when people's internal organs turn into insects. 

I doubt the Dark One has much control over the ensuing chaos, he's just trying to rip the Pattern apart, and his claws are getting sharper as the seals weaken.

Yeah I agree, it's been said the DO 'touches' the whole Pattern, not just at Shayol Ghul, so his power just seems to be hitting all these new weak points in the Pattern, it really does seem close to unravelling.

People getting lost and displaced aren't really BoE, persay, but still are acts of evil. It's the DO's touch on the pattern, creating chaos and shifting around existing threads.

actually it was a peddler that got buried not trying to play semantics

That is another thing I was saying is that Rand or Egwene doesn't know where each and every seal is or what the status of it is.

They don't have one person who know about all of them.

BS could just write Luckers into the next book and solve that problem, although I fancy he'd be a Darkfriend. :)

Just a darkfriend? I'm thoroughly offended.

Imagine the havoc I could wreck. My hitlist would firstly take out the handful of capable people in the world, and do it smart. It shouldn't be difficult. From there I would send Darkfriend channeling forces to raid the Stone and Rhuidean for ter'angreal. Have a circle simply smack the Tower hard enough to make it fall. It'd kill most sisters and half of Tar Valon alike. Similarily have a circle balefire the Royal Palace in Andor--I'm like Ishamael you see--philosophical in my evil. The end of the Wheel doesn't disconcert me--besides perhaps if we apply enough balefire we could remove those bathing scenes from CoT. God Damn!

For my second day in the world of the Wheel I would have to do more planning. I will get back to you.

Oh no...

Because Luckers knows about Bela...

She would have to kill him right away.

We all know she is the one writing the story after all.

Luckers: Oh no, Aes Sedai, don't take that horse!

Siuan: What? Bela? She's as reliable as fishguts are smelly.

Luckers: Well not meaning to wet your boat, Sister, but she's got hoof rot.

Siuan: What?

Luckers: Hoof rot. It's mighty nasty. Infection in the hoof. Runs them mad. Horses have been known to kill folk with hoof rot that bad.

Siuan: I've gutted me a lionfish.

Luckers: ... what?

Siuan: I've fleeced me some scales.

Luckers: Umm, fleecing is the process of removing wool.

Siuan: I've hooked me a flying octopus.

Luckers: Are you on drugs?

Siuan: Yes. Just take the damn horse.

*Luckers led the horse away. Bela's eyes rolled wildly, showing whites. Luckers smiled grimly.*

Luckers: I've gutted me some equine.

Archived