DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Sorry for the double post...

But dirtyCleanToe ;) :

I have only read the series 3 times (once for tgs)...and I know who she is, if not every scene she is in.

Also, take a chill pill man.

@Luckers: nvm on the quoting thing....I see you're just lazy  ;D

I made sense of everything....i had totally missed that post before. It explained a lot (i.e. the post count argument thing)

@Terez: Just saw you're avatar section...lol..I did not see that you were a female until the post where you said you like Luckers...lol...

sorry. ;D

EDIT NEW: What he said...

You missed Gill?!?!?! Until the 7th reread?

Wow....no comment.....:P

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EDIT NEW: What he said...

You missed Gill?!?!?! Until the 7th reread?

Wow....no comment.....

Yup. It's weirder than that too. I managed to pick up immediately that Breane was Breane Taborwin, the Cairhienin lady who tried to seduce Rand in tGH--but I distinctly remember my (about) seventh read and going--'wait, what?' @ Gill.

Don't know what's up with that. In my defence I was like fifteen.

I've been following but not posting as nothing really jumped at me. But now I feel like making a comment about how free the DO is. I think that he was as free as he was during LTT assault at the end of EoW. Think about it, forsaken are free but DO is not bc they were "at the top of the prison." PAAALLLEEAASEE! According to whom? Moraine? AS can't lie but if they think they are correct it isn't a lie. I know that Agy said something about it at the Eye but it might be a lie (why would they say, oh, by the way DO is as free as he was last time). No, they would want light side to spend time and energy looking for the other seals. Plus, it would explain why Semirag (was it her? not sure, but besides the point) brought the real seal to the meeting with Rand because the seals are simply not important; they are rubbish and useless trash and that's why they are weakening. She could have broken the seal and came to the meeting anyway if she meant to capture Rand. No, the whole seal picture is simply illogical and I think the good side is looking at this whole thing completely wrong. Instead of think that the DO WILL break free they need to realize it has happened years back and they need to start fighting him. And what would be a better way to unite people if you say, "Oh, and folks, you know how you all afraid of DO breaking free? Well, I don't know how to say this, but is already happened. Couple years back, in fact."

Anyway, I don't think this is a BUT, but it might be. Definitely a BIG overlook at the least.

Who the f*** is Carlinya? You're just grasping at straws here.

She doesn't come up in every book and she's not head-slapping obvious. You wanna know why? Cause I've read all the books twice and don't have any f'ing clue who you're even referring to!

Seriously guys. Stop talking WoT. Stop posting about it. Do this for an entire month. Then start reading at book 4 and read up until book 9 and see if there is something small and reoccuring that you didn't notice before.

This Carlinya thing is ridiculous...I mean only the die hard people know what you're talkin bout here...If you look hard enough for something, your mind will invent a solution. Stop looking for it so hard, guys.

BTW, you have some serious attitude adjustment to do. And another thought, before claiming originality of your ideas, read all of the post, and I mean all 119 pages of them.

Who the f*** is Carlinya? You're just grasping at straws here.

She doesn't come up in every book and she's not head-slapping obvious. You wanna know why? Cause I've read all the books twice and don't have any f'ing clue who you're even referring to!

Seriously guys. Stop talking WoT. Stop posting about it. Do this for an entire month. Then start reading at book 4 and read up until book 9 and see if there is something small and reoccuring that you didn't notice before.

This Carlinya thing is ridiculous...I mean only the die hard people know what you're talkin bout here...If you look hard enough for something, your mind will invent a solution. Stop looking for it so hard, guys.

BTW, you have some serious attitude adjustment to do. And another thought, before claiming originality of your ideas, read all of the post, and I mean all 119 pages of them.

Umm...I've been following this thread on and off since it was first up. Admittedly, I've skipped a few pages, but that means nothing. It doesn't take away from the fact that this is very obscure and Carlinya hasn't been popping up in any noticeable aspect since Books 4-6 all the way up until now.

And...uh? Claiming originality of my ideas? I don't even know to what you're referring here so I can't even address this point. Perhaps I missed something, so please explain.

Well, the gholam is everyone's favorite for what, even though we don't know of any of them being around at that time, and the only one we know of was commanded by Sammael (he apparently found it in a stasis box).  A gholam has also been suggested for Barthanes, who was killed in a similar way.  Ishamael is the favorite for WHO, though, because he's the philosopher, and Fel's death coincides with Moridin's appearance.

No Fel got killed by a gholam. I am positive of that because it slid under his door and i think it said it was.... il check.

Calmly Netslider. Calmly.

I've been following but not posting as nothing really jumped at me. But now I feel like making a comment about how free the DO is. I think that he was as free as he was during LTT assault at the end of EoW. Think about it, forsaken are free but DO is not bc they were "at the top of the prison." PAAALLLEEAASEE! According to whom? Moraine?

Actually according to RJ. The Forsaken were caught in the bore, in the seal itself. They were not in the actual prison.

Plus, it would explain why Semirag (was it her? not sure, but besides the point) brought the real seal to the meeting with Rand because the seals are simply not important; they are rubbish and useless trash and that's why they are weakening. She could have broken the seal and came to the meeting anyway if she meant to capture Rand.

It was Mazrim Taim who brought Rand a seal.

Umm...I've been following this thread on and off since it was first up. Admittedly, I've skipped a few pages, but that means nothing. It doesn't take away from the fact that this is very obscure and Carlinya hasn't been popping up in any noticeable aspect since Books 4-6 all the way up until now.

You perhaps missed my reply to your comment. It's on the previous page. Carlinya has been around since the beginning. She's been one of the most influential Aes Sedai active in the series--and yes, the includes post books 4-6. It is not obscure, you simply missed it.

You perhaps missed my reply to your comment. It's on the previous page. Carlinya has been around since the beginning. She's been one of the most influential Aes Sedai active in the series--and yes, the includes post books 4-6. It is not obscure, you simply missed it.

I did read your post actually. I still don't remember her at all. I'll go back and reread.

I was referring to when Rand got his hand blown off. As far as RJ confirming that forsaken we at the top - I was not aware, so thanks for the heads up. But did he also denied that DO is still imprison? Btw, is there info on his comments as to the state of DO's freedom I can find? Thanks in advance.

cleantoe - I'm not here for pick fights on forums (I have more important things to do).

cleantoe - I'm not here for pick fights on forums (I have more important things to do).

I'm not here to fight them, but don't act like you didn't pick one with that reply of yours. If you are going to say I am claiming originality to my ideas, I want to know what you're referring to, because I seriously don't have any idea what you are talking about.

I *think* you mean that...actually nm I don't know what you mean. The only thing I can think of is that I had an idea waaay earlier in the thread and...something.

*shrugs*

I'm not here to fight them, but don't act like you didn't pick one with that reply of yours. If you are going to say I am claiming originality to my ideas, I want to know what you're referring to, because I seriously don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Which you brought on yourself with your comment. So enough! You were both contentious, now drop it.

--and Netslider I do NOT want to see you respond to this comment.

I thought that after being healed Rand was presented with the last seal they found in the house?

No, the 'plain wooden box' contained a'dam and Domination Band's.

1. Found broken at the Eye of the World. (TEotW,Ch52) Moiraine shows the pieces to Siuan. (TGH,Ch5) (BROKEN)

2. Bayle Domon had one, intact, that he got from a shopkeeper in Maradon. (TGH,Ch9) It was taken by Turak. (TGH,Ch29) Moiraine found it after the fight, and it was broken by then. (TGH,Ch49) (BROKEN)

3. Turak had one. Moiraine found it along with (2). Also broken. (TGH,Ch49) (BROKEN)

4. Moiraine found one in the Stone of Tear, intact. (TDR,Ch56) In TFoH,Ch52, when they go down to the docks, Rand spots two casks with the two seals (#4 and #5) in them packed in wool for protection. (INTACT)

5. Moiraine found another one in Rhuidean, and made a scratch. She put it back in her pouch. (TFoH,Ch2) In TFoH,Ch52, when they go down to the docks, Rand spots two casks with the two seals (#4 and #5) in them packed in wool for protection. (INTACT)

6. Nynaeve found one in the Panarch's Palace, (TSR,Ch54), broken on the way to Salidar. (TFoH,Ch50) (BROKEN)

7. Mazrim Taim gives Rand one when he comes to Rand. He found it in a "decaying little farm in Saldaea. I stopped for water, and the farmer gave it to me. He was old, with no children or grandchildren to pass it on to, and he thought I was the Dragon Reborn. He claimed his family had guarded it for more than two thousand years. Claimed they were kings and queens during the Trolloc Wars, and nobles under Artur Hawkwing." Rand (or is it Lews Therin?) tries to destroy it, but Davram Bashere stops him. (LoC,Ch2) (INTACT)

Fair enough.

Going back to the issue at hand - where did Rand get the 7th seal? I was sure it was from that exchange. Now I feel like I'm losing my mind.

It was given to Rand by Mazrim Taim. He claimed to have found it with a Saldaen farmer. Here's my list of the seals, and their states.

1. Found in the Eye. Broken.

2. Found in Turak's collection of cuendillar. Broken.

3. Found in Turak's collection of cuendillar. Broken.

4. Found in the Great Holding in Tear. Intact.

5. Found in Rhuidean. Intact.

6. Found in the Penarch's Palice by Nynaeve. Broken.

7. Given to Rand by Mazrim Taim. Intact.

Note: Vulgir replied whilst I was writing, and his is more complete than mine.

Anyways.

As Terez pointed out earlier, I don't think Carlinya or her role is "face-slappingly obvious". It takes deduction and thinking to link her how you've linked her, which is fine. But it's not really face-slappingly obvious.

I don't think it's one person that he's referring to but more of an action that was done between those books and continues to have subtle implications or an action that was started in those books and continues to be used.

Such as balefire, for instance (just an example), or purposefully unweaving a weave to make it explode (although the explosion was unintentional) like they did with the Travelling.

And, as I replied to Terez, Brandon never said it was face slappingly obvious. He said we'd want to slap ourselves when we did realise, but that only shows that it has massive implications. We knew that anyway.

And Carlinya wearing the ravens has big implications. But then I stated that in more detail above.

WOW, I think I am losing my mind.

One more question than - is there any info as to how free DO is compared to the last age? And did RJ spoken on the DO's freedom state at any time (or BS for that matter)? I know that's irrelevant to the question at hand but I just wonder.

WOW, I think I am losing my mind.

One more question than - is there any info as to how free DO is compared to the last age? And did RJ spoken on the DO's freedom state at any time (or BS for that matter)? I know that's irrelevant to the question at hand but I just wonder.

I'm fairly sure there is, but its 2am here and I'm heading to bed.

If no one's responded I'll see what I can find in the morning. Sorry dude, I be dead.

Archived