DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it not have anything to do with the test Aiel have to go through when they become Clan Leaders? Maybe the song that they sing? Is that the Song the Traveling People are searching for? And if so, are the Traveling People gonna be important in TG?

Lots of questions... But it could be that...

Well, we've never really had clarification as to wht it means that (apparently) Narishma will "follow after" Rand.

Follow after was explained in Path of Daggers, from what Rand thought it was that Narishma would give Rand Callendor and not just take it  and scoot.

Follow after was explained in Path of Daggers, from what Rand thought it was that Narishma would give Rand Callendor and not just take it  and scoot.

Is Narishma's act of loyalty really significant to earn a place in the prophecies though?

Sure, why not?  Rand walked around for a few minutes with a staff, which he promptly forgot about, and THAT made it into them.

It is said that when a vaccule is closed off anything inside at the time is gone forever. Could it be that the dark ones prison is like vaccule that was closed off? perhaps smashing the seals in a vaccule perhaps placed over the bore (well i believe the bore is metaphorical not physical so the place in the pattern that is most sympathetic to it IE shayl goul(sp?). could release the dark one into a fresh vaccule which could then be closed and he would be gone 'forever' again. maybe Narishma will follow after rand into the vaccule if that is to be tied in somehow  

Did we ever find out what was wrong with the Sea folk people that killed themselves on that island?  The sea folk were VERY upset about that.  Also, there was the sea folk agreement with the Aes Sedai for teachers, then there's still a bunch of the KIN hanging around at loose ends. ALL of those plot lines need to be wrapped up. Also much was talked about the sea folk going to all of the islands talking about the CORAMOOR and telling everyone that he's been found.  Also, Rand is supposed to lead the sea folk to be a massive ocean power.  How is that going to happen with the Seanchan blowing them out of the water.  All I've seen the sea folk do so far is deliver a bit of food and take the bowl of winds, and just be a general pain the Elayne's tush.

Did any of this start around books 4-6.  Its been a while since I've done a re-read and I'm at work right now.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Maybe this is a little out-there, but when was the first time that any of our young channeling heroes learned to ignore the heat/cold "without using the power"?

I thought of this today on my lunch break when I was walking in the park. it's gotten a little cold here finally and I thought "it sure would be nice if I could ignore heat/cold" and I was puzzling over the "secret" in the back of my mind apparently, because I put the two together.

If it was during Book 4-6 times, then there is at least a chance that this is related to the big secret.

Consider this: They continually mention that this ability has "nothing to do with the power" and yet nobody who cannot channel seems to be able to do it.

Doesn't Siuan sweat when she's been stilled and is escaping/romping with Bryne?

Remember that Jordan likes to have his characters say things that they believe to be true to throw off readers sometimes, and to show that his characters are fallible.

Just to run with this idea for a second, if there IS a connection between being able to channel and being able to do the no sweat trick, what could that be? It would have to have pretty big consequences, wouldn't it? Still, this seems like just the sort of innocuous thing that would match BS's description of the  Vin-like "ah-ha" surprise/secret.

As with all theories, I put it out there to be shot down with definitive proof to the contrary, so I await your reasons why this can't be it!

Specifically if someone can show the first time our supergirls learn the trick (or rand) happens before they go to the Waste, then my theory will be out.

Interesting - vacuoles are first (and maybe only time) mentioned in CoS (Book 7) so that's not it unless BS is really fuzzy on timeline.

Here's some unresolved bits and pieces.

Fain's mysterious powers evolve across TSR-LoC - further development in WH - maybe something there?

The stash from Rhuedean goes to the docks at Carhein and then into a warehouse somewhere, iirc. Could play some role suddenly.

The BA get their orders and several sisters are unaccounted for, but it's been discussed. (Maybe BS didn't read those discussions.)

Reincarnation- Transmigration is introduced as a concept with Dashiva/ Halima. GLoD may reincarnate non-chosen.

Taim is mysteriously freed. We never learn how, why, and by whom.

The entire Aiel -brotherless - Shaido thing happens. (Aiel are introduced earlier but TSR is when RaT becomes C'aracarn.) Odd mentions of Aiel DFs - only one we see onscreen is Mat's girlfriend but we know there's more - Mat's camp is attacked by Aiel using a gateway in LoC, Rahvin is prepared in FoH. Then in TPoD, Katherine escapes with people killed and in TGS Semi is freed after the WO see the weaves on CDaddy's box. Are there Wise Ones who follow GLoD? This could be an under-played theme that suddenly flares up.

The Ogier, Great Stump, etc. Hints that they will fight the Shadow, which are made more explicable in CoT and KoD when Loial speaks to his mum and Elder Haman. Ogiers have a lot of knowledge, they're formidable fighters and they have a link to the Seanchan.

Mat starts babbling old tongue and accessing creepy memories. Discussed a lot.

Moiraine passes Lan's bond. Discussed a lot

The Darkhounds appear, first in TDR and then in FoH in Rhuedean - we know they're still chasing around. After what and who's commanding them?

Demandred and Slayer start watching the wondergirls in T'AR. Are they still watching?

Been lurking for a few months and had to register just to respond to this thread. May be a "little" out there, but maybe not.

1. The Aiel from AoL were charged with protecting the wagons of angreal and what not.

2. The cache from Rhuidean were packed onto wagons and seemingly written out of the story after Moiraine and Lanfear fought.

3. Egwene has a strange chapter in TGS where she finds a group of Tinkers with "need" in T.A.R. but it never really says where they are.

4. Could the cache from Rhuidean have ended up with this group of Tinkers? She never talks with anyone to see of they really are Tinkers. The wagons could be painted up to resemble them in order to be covert. They are decendents of the Aiel. It kinda ties all that together for me. Thoughts?

my completely off topic response to your comment is, What happens to tinkers who can channel?

my NEXT question, is what happened to all the wagons that the tinkers kept of ter'angreal?  I'm pretty sure when we are learning their story, the tinkers didnt just leave all the wagons to the Aeil to do with as they pleased.  unless we can assume that when someone asked them for their wagons, *at knife point*, they gave the contents away for free... and over 3000 years, nothing is left.

You tell me, I don't know ???

Been lurking for a few months and had to register just to respond to this thread. May be a "little" out there, but maybe not.

1. The Aiel from AoL were charged with protecting the wagons of angreal and what not.

2. The cache from Rhuidean were packed onto wagons and seemingly written out of the story after Moiraine and Lanfear fought.

3. Egwene has a strange chapter in TGS where she finds a group of Tinkers with "need" in T.A.R. but it never really says where they are.

4. Could the cache from Rhuidean have ended up with this group of Tinkers? She never talks with anyone to see of they really are Tinkers. The wagons could be painted up to resemble them in order to be covert. They are decendents of the Aiel. It kinda ties all that together for me. Thoughts?

I could be wrong, but aren't all those wagons in Cairhien or Caemlyn?  They are stored wherever it was that Moiraine fell into the doorframe ter'angreal.  I think it was Cairhien.

I could be wrong, but aren't all those wagons in Cairhien or Caemlyn?  They are stored wherever it was that Moiraine fell into the doorframe ter'angreal.  I think it was Cairhien.

yes it was Cairhien, and as far as anyone knows it is still stored there.  However, we have no proof that it hasn't been stolen.  We also have no definitive proof that Bela is NOT the Creator, so they remain suspect!

Don't forget that Moraine couldn't fit everything into the wagons.  That means there is still some of that cache in Rhuidean.

my completely off topic response to your comment is, What happens to tinkers who can channel?

my NEXT question, is what happened to all the wagons that the tinkers kept of ter'angreal?  I'm pretty sure when we are learning their story, the tinkers didnt just leave all the wagons to the Aeil to do with as they pleased.  unless we can assume that when someone asked them for their wagons, *at knife point*, they gave the contents away for free... and over 3000 years, nothing is left.

The girls are delivered to TV as they have always been the Mahdi tells Mat (KoD).

Apparently they dumped the wagons in Rhuedean with the Jenn Aiel, the tribe that is not. That's the Rhuedean cache, isn't it?

yes it was Cairhien, and as far as anyone knows it is still stored there.  However, we have no proof that it hasn't been stolen.  We also have no definitive proof that Bela is NOT the Creator, so they remain suspect!

Bela isn't teh creator. she's a darkfriend.....

The clues are all there

*calls the elmer glue people and informs them of a horse on the loose*

The girls are delivered to TV as they have always been the Mahdi tells Mat (KoD).

Apparently they dumped the wagons in Rhuedean with the Jenn Aiel, the tribe that is not. That's the Rhuedean cache, isn't it?

O ya, completely forgot the Jenn Aiel.  makes perfect sense now that their cache and the one in rhuidean are the same.

this probably puts to rest some of the speculation that Avi will find something in the cache that gives them the SONG then.  Unless they have only been searching for the song since after they dumped their cache in Rhuidean.  or else they never went thru the same stuff that the WO's go thru, and Avi will find something while there.

The Tinkers take their women who can channel to Tar Valon. Aisling Noon is one example. She was the Aes Sedai advisor to King Easar of Shienar. She was one of the Aes Sedai that went to attack the Black Tower. Interestingly enough, she is of the Green Ajah (the Battle Ajah) which means she is one of the Lost (like Aram) and peppers her speech with Borderlander curses.

As for the ter'angreal from Rhuidien, they were left in Cairhien after Moiraine's death. Robert Jordan once said that Rand put them in a warehouse and put multiple weaves and wardings to protect them, so they are currently safe.

IIRC, they just dumped the stuff on the floor when they split with the Jenn, and wander off with their wagons. Presumably the Jenn then collected up what they could and took it to Rhuidean with the rest.

First time posting here, but I just had to chime in with what I think it is. Perhaps this has been discussed before, but it always seemed to me that the oddness with the weather (which began in the 4th book if I'm not mistaken) is more linked to Rand than to the Dark One. So this could be something that has been going on in the background this whole time, with everyone blaming the Dark One. Now that Rand is no longer trying to force himself to be "hard" perhaps we will see the weather issues going away. This is backed up (at least a little) by the break in the clouds after his revelation on Dragonmount. There's also the whole thing about the Dragon being one with the land or whatever Thom says in Rand's dream in EotW. Perhaps the food spoilage is also a result of Rand's mental state. By all means shoot this down if there is evidence to the contrary, I have only started frequenting forums recently, so I am not as well versed as some of you, and could be way off.

First time posting here, but I just had to chime in with what I think it is. Perhaps this has been discussed before, but it always seemed to me that the oddness with the weather (which began in the 4th book if I'm not mistaken) is more linked to Rand than to the Dark One. So this could be something that has been going on in the background this whole time, with everyone blaming the Dark One. Now that Rand is no longer trying to force himself to be "hard" perhaps we will see the weather issues going away. This is backed up (at least a little) by the break in the clouds after his revelation on Dragonmount. There's also the whole thing about the Dragon being one with the land or whatever Thom says in Rand's dream in EotW. Perhaps the food spoilage is also a result of Rand's mental state. By all means shoot this down if there is evidence to the contrary, I have only started frequenting forums recently, so I am not as well versed as some of you, and could be way off.

I think you are absolutely right in your assumptions about the weather and food. (at least in part)

There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land. Soul of fire, heart of stone, in pride he conquers, forcing the proud to yield. He calls upon the mountains to kneel, and the seas to give way, and the very skies to bow. Pray that the heart of stone remembers tears, and the soul of fire, love.

basically what i get from that, is when he learns tears again, the land will start to grow, and the weather will clear up.  There also wont be as many spoiling food supplies and such.

but, I don't see how that is pertinent information to a victory at the LB... just doesn't seem like it will be all that helpful... in a year, yes, but i dont think there will be a year before TG.

As to Alanna's bonding him.... GIB MOAR DETAILS on why you think it will be important... its an interesting idea, although I'm relatively sure it's been discussed a bunch.

Archived