DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Hear Ye, Hear Ye.. Let It Be Known That Most Theories ARE Possible!!

Peter whoever the heck he is (yes I know and I don't care) should be ignored. Brandon said specifically that he would NOT yay or nay anything posted in regard to this.

The first hint that you get. […] I mean, it’s a small thing that means something large, that sort of thing…and you guys are very good at finding things and I’m not going to say whether you hit it or not.

So why in hell would his ASSISTANT do just the bloody opposite and thumbs down a boatload of theories. Someone is being played like a cheap drum.

As Lucker's mentioned in his first post. Sanderson's answer to a question posed, would seem to indicate an event or effect. NOT a thing, so not animal, vegetable or mineral.

1. Answer: It’s been going for a long time. Somewhere in four and six the first hints of it are mentioned.

Rand's state of mind creates disturbances in the weather. Not my idea and well discussed, but it bears thought.

When the Bowl of the Winds is changing the weather.. Rand gets disoriented, cannot grasp OP. (So maybe the link goes both ways?)

In tGS, Rand is getting more crazed, more darkly inward.. The sky gets worse and worse.. this from differing POV's... Though spring is here. Crops are not responding.

Some might want to look at the Rand's Attitude/How's the Weather ratio... Is Al Roker a WoT fan?

And this started, as someone posted, in tSR when he caused RAIN in The Waste at The Golden Dome (no wait, that's Notre Dame) ... The Golden Bowl ... Alcair Dal, when he got incredibly annoyed with Asmo for buggering up his big Debutante Ball and Rand for Dragon Reborn Rally ... and after he'd blown all those TV Marks on buttons and funny hats too.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.  I've been an avid reader of these forums for years now, and thought this would be the perfect time to register, so I can share my crazy theory!

After reading many theories on here and theoryland.com, I've come up with one that I have not read about, and could be very viable to Brandon's "subtle" secret.

So here goes nothing...

The Tinkers are looking for the song, that they lost in the AoL.  Plot devices beings as they are, the land needs healed.  It seems that the weather is directly connected to Rand's state of mind.  Rand is half-Aiel, whom are decended from the Tinkers, who are looking for the Song.

In short:  RAND WILL FIND THE SONG.

It's probably really wrong, and will be debunked in the next post.  Overall, I've finally contributed to the DM community, and I'm satisfied.

Fain's Dagger is the very same Ruby Hilted Dagger that Mat found/snatched in tEotW.

Actually current Aiel and Tinkers both are splinter groups of Dai'Shain Aiel. Neither descended from the other.

Rand has actually Heard the song. But the song is really a harmonious addition to the OP (my weak phrase) and Ogier work all combined in growing things. Not anything special in and of itself. Or so says the Big White Book.

Fain's Dagger is the very same Ruby Hilted Dagger that Mat found/snatched in tEotW.

Actually current Aiel and Tinkers both are splinter groups of Dai'Shain Aiel. Neither descended from the other.

Rand has actually Heard the song. But the song is really a harmonious addition to the OP (my weak phrase) and Ogier work all combined in growing things. Not anything special in and of itself. Or so says the Big White Book.

So, someone would only need to figure out the weave and have Ogier and singers to accompany it? Does the singing have to come from someone who has never harmed another, a follower of the way of the leaf? Just curious because Avienda is going to Rhuidean and if she were able to see the weave from an ancestor...

How about the Aiel prophecy? that if they ever fail AS again, the AS will destroy them. Has this been discussed much?

This occurred to me as well.  I haven't seen a discussion on it per se, but then again I cannot claim close to the knowledge of the boards as some folks around here.

How about the Aiel prophecy? that if they ever fail AS again, the AS will destroy them. Has this been discussed much?

Honestly, I doubt the AS even remember what happened with the Aiel, and if they do, I can't imagine them caring... the Aiel had to be reminded by Rand going through the columns, and it doesn't seem too likely that many AS would've done research on this.

My recollection is really shaky b/c it's been quite a while since i read books 4-8 or so. Does anybody have information regarding the Ways?  When was the last time we get an account of the state of the Ways?  Wasnt there something different about the Ways the last time we get an account?  I'm reaching here but maybe something's there.

Hi all.  I've been an avid reader of these forums for years now, and thought this would be the perfect time to register, so I can share my crazy theory!

After reading many theories on here and theoryland.com, I've come up with one that I have not read about, and could be very viable to Brandon's "subtle" secret.

So here goes nothing...

The Tinkers are looking for the song, that they lost in the AoL.  Plot devices beings as they are, the land needs healed.  It seems that the weather is directly connected to Rand's state of mind.  Rand is half-Aiel, whom are decended from the Tinkers, who are looking for the Song.

In short:  RAND WILL FIND THE SONG.

It's probably really wrong, and will be debunked in the next post.  Overall, I've finally contributed to the DM community, and I'm satisfied.

I'm pretty sure that the tinkers will find the song, and it will play a role later on, but I don't think it's what BS' talking about.  The song was first mentioned way back in tEotW, but BS' talking about something that sarted in 4-6.

I agree that it's prolly the sickness that accompanies Rand when he channels, we've never seen a case of this in any channeler thus far, and it was too easy to shrug off as saidin's taint.  When Morr was fully insane he wasn't retching when he used saidin, he had a childlike mind and was ready to use the power to wreck the palace. 

One thing from TSR, when Perrin First meets slayer, he chases slayer who disappears into the Tower of Ghenjei. Why did Slayer go there? What is the connection between slayer and the tower? Will slayer be involved with the rescue of Moiraine?

One thing from TSR, when Perrin First meets slayer, he chases slayer who disappears into the Tower of Ghenjei. Why did Slayer go there? What is the connection between slayer and the tower? Will slayer be involved with the rescue of Moiraine?

Perhaps he didn't, he just left the world of dreams.

I think it's possible that Amys is a darkfriend, but I really doubt the entire clan is. That's just not feasible at all.

Why would she help Egwene, then?

Not sure Slayer would be involved in the rescue, involved in the action by attacking the rescuers possibly.

Slayer and the ToG.. That's an interesting question. It seemed to me to be something that was in a way glossed over or the fact that he could go in not expanded on in that passage.

The ability to do that seems pretty unique. OR is Finnland part of TAR? Has it been discussed to death here and elsewhere?

The ability to physically enter TAR is deemed dangerous by most all people not gone over the edge actually doing it. Some of the Forsaken seem to use it to travel without gateways, or maybe it was just Rahvin, and Slayer most assuredly does. Rand has physically entered once or what, twice now? Eggy has once and I think Perrin too or to some degree he does unless he gets outta control in the wolf dream.

I don't seem to recall this being anything that keeps happening in subsequent books though. But if Rand somehow learned to use it more effectively, wow.. that would conceivably be an important tool/ability. Waitaminute... didn't he fight Ishamael the first time in TAR?

Damn, Valan luca doenst show up until book 5, but Luca the Aeil is in book 4, making this fit the comment, but it just doesnt make any sense, is Valan Luca gonna show up and put on a show? Perhaps flourish his cape a bit? Hes just a weave in the patteren like Bayle Domon, randomly around when needed.

Look at how the scenes with the first Luca in Book 4 through Rand's pov, compare to the later Valan Luca actions in trying to "save" missing females from danger.  "Nyaneve" in Samara tFOH Ch.40, "Maigran, Colline" in tSR Ch.25, in both cases a Luca does in fact attempt to "save" a female(s).

Da'Shain Aiel were servants to Aes Sedai during the Age of Legends, had great courage in the face of grave danger; Moiraine is an Aes Sedai who has been kidnapped basically and is currently in grave danger.  So why wouldn't a brave reborn Hero like Valan Luca, take the chance to save an Aes Sedai from the Eelfinn, with Thom and Mat?  

In the KoD book, there's a scene where Luca says to Mat he, feels almost like a ta'veren:

"I expect twice as many visitors today, maybe three times as many, and tomorrow as well. People can't see everything in one visit, and here they can afford to come twice. Word of mouth, Cauthon. Word of mouth. That brings as many as Aludra's nightflowers. I feel almost like a ta'veren, the way things are falling out. Large audiences and the prospect of more. A warrant of protection from the High Lady." Luca cut off abruptly, looking faintly embarrassed, as if he had just remembered that Mat's name was on that warrant as being excluded from protection."

"You might not like it if you really were ta'veren," Mat muttered, which made the other man give him an odd look. He put a finger behind the black silk scarf that hid his hanging scar and tugged at it. For a moment, the thing had felt too tight.

What's almost a ta'veren? A Hero, a reborn Hero.   ;D

So here goes nothing...

In short:  RAND WILL FIND THE SONG.[/quote[

First out, Welcome to Dragonmount!  :)

Good theory actually, I always wondered who will re-discover the "Song". Rand just might be the right person.

However, considering the possibility that an ex-Tinker like Valan Luca may go into the Tower of Ghenjei to "save" Moiraine with Mat and Thom--- would Luca somehow learn the "Song" from either the Aelfinn or Eelfinn in additional to freeing Moiraine?

I don't know the answer, but isn't that what an ex-Tinker turned adventurer would ask about? The "Song", right? 

By the way, here is an idea. If Luc can enter the world of dreams, and the shadow spawn can not use gateways...they will just use the world TAR. SO, there goes a BIG advantage and everyone relay on. A small thing, but will be very important. Maybe that's how they got so close to Ebudar (?) in the last book unnoticed?

I just thought of something, maybe its relevant or maybe not.  When does Vanin first show up?  Its mentioned numerous times in passing about Vanin's riding skills and how he rides so much better than his girth would attribute to.  I'm wondering if Vanin is the "thing" and he turns out to be a Forsaken in disguise or someone in disguise.

Archived