DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whoooooo Are You? (Introduction Thread)

claireducky

Stop in and tell us about yourselves!  Are you new to DM and the RP?  Are you an old hand at post-based role playing?  Share some information so we can get to know each other better!

So....I'm Claire.  I've been a member of DM since 2001, and back in those days, RP was integrated through the whole site, so you pretty much HAD to RP to be a member.  My first character was a Brown Sister named Claire (how unique!), and I've since played everything from Damane to a Wolfsister.  Currently, I still RP as Claire (now quite ancient), a Blue named Gianna, a Gray Seafolk Sister named Cetaile, and I also play the Windfinder to the Wavemistress of clan Shodein over in the Freelander's Division.

I'm 26 and a mother to one child, an 18 month old daughter.  I work from home as a graphic and web designer, which gives me more time for DM these days.  I also play in an amateur competitive billiards (8-ball) league twice a week. :)

Hello. :)

This handle is new to DM, though a long time ago I was here playing as an Aiel Stone Dog. As it shames me to admit, I can't remember the name I gave him. I used to have ICQ and had several friends from DM on my list, but that was also lost when my old computer crashed.

Though I roleplayed here for a while, I think I started roleplaying around 2000 in Yahoo! chat, or rather 'Ayenee', back before they axed the user rooms. That being said I have considerable roleplaying experience. Just not any on DM within the last 5 or so years.

All that in mind, I think i'm going to write up a bio tonight for the free landers. My character's name is going to be Daedric, I think, and he is going to be from Saldea. His mother is going to be Saldean and his father is going to be Shienarian, though I may change that around. Haven't quite decided yet. -smiles-. Anyway, I think i'm going to make him a soldier, though his path will probably twist and turn and he may go on a path as a mercenary, or a hunter for the horn, or.. well.. anything. -grin-. So if you'd like to interact with him and become an influence on his life and decisions, let me know! I'll probably be RPing on the 'North' RP board once I get approved.

Besides that, some personal information about myself is that I'm 23 and currently single, living in Ohio. I recently graduated from college with a degree in public relations and marketing, but sadly with the recession in full force I haven't been able to find a job in my degree area as of yet. Sooo I've been doing things like finishing concrete and working at a restaurant. I've also been debating moving to Maryland with a good friend of mine in the next couple months. We'll have to see. :).

I love writing. I love the Wheel of Time series as well as the Song of Ice and Fire series. And I love meeting new people!

/ends his post before her rambles out even more information that people probably don't care about.

If you want to RP lemme know!

I just saw this...I must be slow. *ggls* Hey Claire and Dasterly, lovely to meet you both. Claire you have too much time on your hands I can just barely get by with my one character. *laughs*

I am sorta new to the DM rp world, but i've been rping over the years elsewhere since I was 17 or 18...I think it was 18 but my sister tells me it was a bit before that so I dunno..somewhere in there. *laughs* Anyway here at DM I just have one character her name is Rasheta, she's currently one of the Green Ajah's sitters, and she's a sort of getting over grief stricken Aes Sedai. *laughs* I made her a mirror of me and so she's fairly easy to play. Although now she's bonded twice and trying to figure out how to work all that out. She still feels the need to hold on to the love she had for her old warder who died. I'm not like that but for some reason all that's still easy to play *laughs* Lets see one of my Warders (Visar) has been my warder on various sites for almost four years now.  :o The mind boggles. LOL

In my real life time I'm 25 and am in school full time. I work really hard at school because I have several disabilities that make my life hard. *laughs* I don't have much time these days to play as I would like. but I still try and check in as much as I can. Errrr when I'm not sleeping, watching anime or doing homework generally I'm practicing my belly dancing. And that's me. In sort of a random as I remeber things kind of way. LOL

Wonderful to meet you, Dasterly, and great to learn more about you Rasheta!  I seem to not have as much time as usual to RP recently (probably because of my WT Org responsibilities), but I'm trying!

Dasterly, I hope you get that bio in!  The Freelanders are currently awaiting a new Division Leader to be chosen to take over the helm, so if you don't get a response right away, let us know here and we can get your bio squared away!

Ooh I like these kind of posts, maybe I'm a narcissist who likes to talk about herself...hmmm...

Anyway, I'm Kristen (my handle on the old boards was KristenSedai, super creative), 27, married with two kidlets, a three year old and my baby just turned one. I live in sunny Australia, and stay at home to look after the kids as well as do some work for my hubby's business. I had never even heard of roleplay before DM. I was introduced to the books and fell in love with them, and found myself surfing the web for more info and came across the site. It was split back then, into the rp site and the org site. I've always enjoyed writing, so the idea of rping as an Aes Sedai really struck me, and I made my first character, Lavinya. That was almost 5 years ago now, and yup, still playing Lavinya. My first and favourite character. Since then I've had a bunch of other characters, including an acrobat ;). Now I have three WT chars (one is the MoN and one is a new novice), a BT civilian, and a chick in the Band. I'm contemplating bringing out my old trainee too...but we'll see. Nice to meet you, those I didn't know! :)

*grins* I love these threads too. Its great to learn about fellow DMers.

I have been on DM off and on for alittle over 6 years now. My handle on the old threads was EqwinaSedai that is Eqwina with a Q.  ;) My real name is Crystal and I live in the land of Dorothy...aka.. Kansas. I am 26 years old and am still in school, though the end is in site. I will graduate in May with a degree in design. Though my passion is working with children, underprivilaged Youth to be specific and I do that weekly as well as hold down and job in the health and wellness industry. That all adds up to me being busy on a non-stop basis. I love it that way though!!! :o it has made personal relationships a little sticky at times(if the person is needy) but for some reason people still put up with me.

I have always been an avid reader, and wrtier. I have notebooks filled with my rambling and one day hope to take those notes and finally get to writing my book. Right now I use RP as a stress outlet, I love being able to vent my rl frustrations into writing. I have managed to hold on to all my original characters from 6 years ago and I have added a few more. I have two Aes Sedai, one Green the other Yellow/Black. I also have a Warder who is the Mistress of Trainees in the Tower, An Aiel who is the Head Wise One and married to the Clan Chief, I have a new hardly used Black Tower character who is sister to the MoT, as well as a shiny new trainee.

I am always looking to expand who I am writing with and am open to RPing with anyone. Its great to get to know those of you that I didn't already.  ;D

Hi, guess I'll introduce myself too.  I've been at DM for over a year now I think. It's been pretty good so far, though I should probably post more often in sections other than rp.  I've been doing post-based RPing for about five years now, joined a (now defunct) WoT fan site my first year of college, and have sort of gone with it since then jumping from site to site.  My characters (thus far, I'm thinking of making another one or two potentially) are Visar Falmaien, a Warder (huggles Rasheta), and Jural Mirado, a Thief Catcher/Freelander.  Haven't done too much with him these days...oh well he's in Tear if anyone wants to rp with someone way down South.

RL-wise, my real name is Jonathan, I'm 23 and single.  I graduated with an undergraduate degree last spring (B.A. Music and History), but haven't been able to find a related job yet either.  Getting by doing delivery.  Hopefully I'll find something better soon.  Yeah recession has me in a rut too, though it's mostly due to my being lazy and not looking hard enough.

Anyway, spare you the details on that, I like listening to classical music and jazz, I like reading, especially books concerning history (or fantasies making up their own history, big fan of aSoIaF, looking forward to the HBO show and Maybe the fifth book some day?).  Bit of a history nut, I'm interested in Ancient Greek and Roman history, the middle ages, and especially Renaissance Europe.  In fact, I practice historical fencing from the Renaissance, so I'm a bit of a martial artist too, though not an expert or anything.  I train with longsword, dagger, wrestling, sword and buckler, staff, and I've been introduced to messer (big knife), rapier, and sword and shield.  Good stuff, if anyone wants to talk about martial arts or weapons or history I'm game.  I also like good graphic novels/comics and animation.  Right now I work, do my martial arts stuff, read and write (mostly RP, I'm horrible at writing for myself consistently even though I have some good ideas), etc.

Dasterly, I was thinking of making a character from Saldaea too.  Feel free if you want to bump heads on that one to create characters that know each other or might reasonably meet, I might be able to rp with ya for a while to travel to other places.

I'm an old hat at this place with my 10 Year DM-versery coming up in January. My handles have included "Arie Ronshor" and "Andrea". Formerly the White Tower Division Leader, and ADL to the Freelanders.. I have characters all over the place so feel free to ask!  They include Aes Sedai, Freelanders (Thief, Kin & Ogier), Shadow, Wolfkin and I think I' have a Child of the Light bio that I can always submit. I currently have one acting Grandemaster Cairma Vishnu (ws19!), and two Aes Sedai, Maegan of the Red, and Diona of the Blue. I also npc the blue Nastascia Sedai.

I'm currently engaged to a wonderful man who I am going through a Visa-K1 application to become an American. I work as a web-designer as a trade and my hobby job is Barista. I occasionally help the Tech Staff here with small projects and I like to write stories whenever I can find the time to do it. I like projects and organizing things even if my room doesn't really reflect this. ;)

Well let's see, I joined DM back in late '05 and due to a severe lack of time had to leave in Feb of '07.  During that first stint I had a staff position at the WY and served as DL at the WK.  I came back in June and have since resurrected all but one of my characters.  Unfortuntaley, I haven't been writing very much lately but hopefully this is just a short phase and I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

On the rl side, I will be 28 in Dec, and I've been married for four years.  We have a son, born in August of '07, and our daughter was due Nov 2nd so I'll probably be on an unannounced LOA any day now when she decides to make her arrival ;)

My education is in acting and theology.  I have coined a term for myself of being a dramangelist, which means I am basically an evangelist but instead of preaching I use drama (monolouges, miming, etc.)  Right now what this means for paying the bills is that I'm driving cars around at a car dealership while I wait for opportunities to open up.

I have a story in my head for a series of novels that will be epic in scope, but very little actually written.  I have a lot of notes on cultures and such but not much of the actual story yet.  meh, it'll happen eventually.

Oh yeah, my characters.....a Tower Guard named Shawn who should have already made Blademaster but I haven't been as active lately as I'd like and there's still a few reqs to go.  A Wolfkin giant named Burrich who'd love to meet others since I haven't really written much for him even though he's so fun to write--how odd.  And a BT Dedicated named Nakor, the smallest man and one of the youngest men at the Black Tower but also one of the smartest.  Oh, and the character I haven't brought back yet but have considered, is an assasin in training who happens to be Nakor's long-lost twin.

I'd love to meet some more people so let me know if you'd like to play with any of them.

Hi, I'm FDM and I'm the most inconsistent RPer ever. I have a novice that I have been sitting on awhile now, but I keep getting busy with other stuff. Um, as far as RPing goes, I've been rping a looooong time. I ran a few WOT rp sites, and other fantasy related rp sites. Elsewhere on DM I'm the Assistant Admin of Orgs, and I'm the Shayol Ghul Org Leader. I've been at DM since 2004, and I'm 27 years old with two little girls (3 and 1), living in Michigan. I'm currently a Graphic Arts student and I do some freelance photography on the side. I'm also beginning to teach Continuing Education courses at the local community college. :D

Nice to learn more about you all!

Visar:  It is tough to get started 'crossing the border' between the rp community and org community if you've only been at one or the other.  But I think you'll find once you do that there is a whole other rewarding experience to be had at DM.  From your interests, I think you might enjoy stopping in and having a chat at the White Tower Org with our subgroup, the Warder's Guild.  They talk military and weaponry pretty often!  (And I am NOT just saying this since I'm the Org Leader there lol!).

Andrea: good luck on your Visa application!  Why not bring that CotL bio out of the trunk?  They could use some more lightfools!

Asfaloth:  Welcome back to DM :)  Congrats on your impending new arrival!  Your separated twin characters sound very interesting.  Claire is a twin as well; her sister Arden was turned Dark with a 13/13 circle after DF killed her whole family.  

Eqwina: I reallllly wish we had got together before I moved from Kansas.  I'm thinking of joining the cool kids and making an Aiel (it's the thing to do recently, isn't it!)

Lav: Hey you!  :)  I understand the attraction of continuing to play with a 1st character; I can't give Claire up.  Even after killing her off, I brought her back to play with cause she's so darn spunky and fun for a 270 year old!

FDM:  So excited for you about those teaching opportunities; they'll look great on your resume!  You go, girl!  :D

You totally remind me of Arette with all these threads.. :P

I'm thinking about it. I just don't want to deal with earning WS's which is mostly why I haven't yet. After getting Cairma to WS19, i'm about WS earning out!

I just found my actual DM Join Date!  I'd been convinced for awhile it was in 2000 sometime, but was WAY off base:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011123005501/www.100megsfree.com/mon/news.htm

6.22.01 - New Novices Gwynn & Claire

and Aubrey, you're on there too!

5.29.01 - New Novices - Pol'Darna, Zara & Arie

Funny what memory does as we get older, lol! We were both off by so much :)

Now if I can just find my raising date, I'll be thrilled.

Oh, that's awesome, Claire! ;D

Hey, that means that both you, me and Aubrey joined approximately at the same time. Though I came a bit later... around August, I think. Or at least, that's when I made my ezboard account.

Nyn

Hiyas!

So, I'm brand spanking new to DM- and I did some play-by-post a few years ago- mainly WoT based, but some general fantasy blah as well.  Now I'm hoping to get back into it (as I've started re-reading the WoT books and am motivated to jump into the world, again.)

I've a character in mind- but I've got to figure out her history, make sure said history gells with the world's time line, and then decide what division to join...

So...  being an indecisive person...  I should *fingers crossed* be submitting a bio sometime in the next month...

~Serey

Hi Serey, and welcome! If you need any help or want some information, feel free to ask. The boards have lost of handy info for you too. Oh, and I recommend making a novice ;) (and I say that because I am the mistress of novices and I always like having new novices to exploit *cough* guide :D).

So you know too, you're allowed to have up to three characters per division, so don't feel you have to limit yourself :).

I am by no means new to RP having been at this site and various others on and off since 2007. I actually haven't RP on this site before, truth be told, but have been a previous member who had to leave due to RL issues.

I love RP it gets my creative juices flowing and hopefully, despite having not done any writing for a long time, I can get back into the swing of things again and get my mind humming. Writing my BIO was hard for me, but it helped clear out some of the cobwebs and fingers crossed it starts to get easier.

Oh I forgot

26yo, Aquarian, Mum of 2 girls, Wifey, Aussie, internet addicted, baking mad (as opposed to baRking mad... which I admit to being aswell), housework procrastinator, self confessed lazy woman.

xx