DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

At The Hospital

Vanion

Your dad cracks me up, Van ... lol

And that's the spirit that is hopefully going to see him through this.

Min's words are so true, and wise. And with so many people praying and sending positive thoughts, his chances are vastly improved!

*Hugs Van tight*

Alright!!

So, my dad is out of surgery and doing good.

They actually ended up doing 6 bypasses instead of 3, since things were worse than they though.

However, he is stable and doing good. They are going to keep a close eye on him over the next 24 hours to make sure he doesnt start to bleed or anything. As I said though, he is doing good! He wont be awake for another few hours though, so once he is awake, I will be going in to see him.

Thanks to everyone for their thought, prayers and kind words. They were much appreciated.

• Club Leader

Van, I'm sorry I didn't catch this in time to be sending my positive thoughts while your dad was in surgery. I'm really glad he's doing well, though. My dad went through it twice, and his heart stayed strong right up until the day he died of cancer at 75. Operating on the heart is practically routine nowadays. They may tell you that the numbers look grim, but the heart is the toughest organ in the body. If it can find a way to keep going, it will. And your dad's sense of humor will help a whole lot. Just don't get him laughing too soon. It will hurt to laugh for a bit yet.

Hugs and positive thoughts for both of you.

Alright!!

So, my dad is out of surgery and doing good.

They actually ended up doing 6 bypasses instead of 3, since things were worse than they though.

However, he is stable and doing good. They are going to keep a close eye on him over the next 24 hours to make sure he doesnt start to bleed or anything. As I said though, he is doing good! He wont be awake for another few hours though, so once he is awake, I will be going in to see him.

Thanks to everyone for their thought, prayers and kind words. They were much appreciated.

Thank god, really glad to hear that.  (the benefits of swinging through an org once in a while rather than camping out - I got to see this the same day I read the first post.  So I only had like 10 minutes of worry to deal with  ;D)

So, the old man is doing excellent. They are talking about releasing him sometime this week. He is up and walking around now, which is good. He was up and about the day after his surgery, which surprised the nursing staff a little.

He is on like 15 different medications at the moment, many of which I have no clue how to pronounce.

He'll recover from this in time to go in for more surgery too lol

He was supposed to meet with another surgeon the day after he had his heart attack because he needs to have his knee operated on also. We were trying to get them to do it at the same time, but apparently the cardiac surgeon doesn't know anything about the knee... Cmon... how complicated could it be in comparison to open heart surgery?

He is covered in staples at the moment. In his chest and leg, where they took an artery from, and he has stitches in his arm too, where they took another artery from as well.

He was kind of upset that they didnt put bionic parts in him while they were in there.... He wanted to be like Steve Austin  ;D

Archived