DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhh, that was a joke, not at all a serious request. I thought I made that abundantly clear with the hahaha's and lol's.  Whats going on here, back to ToM speculation....

I think ToM would be more accurately titled, Wedding Bells because this will be the book where all the secondary couples will be getting married....J/K again, kind of a segue into saying I think there will be some marriages in ToM what do you guys thing??

Merry Christmas Day hope presents were good and food is great, LUCKERS I like the new sig.

Haha thanks.

Who's there left of the couples? Rand and his harem? I mean Lan and Nynaeve, Mat and Tuon, Perrin and Failed, Leilwin and Bayle. It seems too soon for Egwene and Gawyn--they haven't spent enough time together.

Well lets see...Rand and his Harem yeah they need to get hitched that's 1...Mat & Tuon are already married, so are Perrin & Faile,  Leilwin & Bayle, Lan & Nyneave so are Loial & his chica...Egwene never said she was marrying Gawyn just bonding him...That only leaves Siuan & Bryne or Morgase & Tallenvor.

Loial is already married to Erith.

I believe Ewgene Dreamed couldn't marry Gawyn or it would lead to pain and death (for both of them?).

Siuan will probably marry Bryne.

Morgase needs to marry Tallanvor, and stop being such a w/e she is being...not a b**ch, but idk what word is best applicable.

We know the sickness is not from the taint, aside from that I have no clue at all.

It could be a mental thing, I know certain drugs are fine for me, but I've developed a psychosis where I think they make me sick therefore I throw up anytime I take them, even though they don't cause it.

Knowing RJ's background it makes sense, but I doubt it because it'd make for a boring story.

We know the sickness is not from the taint, aside from that I have no clue at all.

It could be a mental thing, I know certain drugs are fine for me, but I've developed a psychosis where I think they make me sick therefore I throw up anytime I take them, even though they don't cause it.

Knowing RJ's background it makes sense, but I doubt it because it'd make for a boring story.

The sickness seems to be associated with whatever link Rand established with Moridin. I guess nobody ever told them never to cross streams. The sickness appeared soon after this event, and Rand tends to see Moridin's face before him when he channels. I'm trying to work out what happens when balefire hits balefire. Do they cancel each other out? If they're strong enough, does each balefire cause the other one to stop existing before it was released? But if that's the case, then there was no opposing balefire, thus nothing stops yours, nor stopped the other, but when they hit, they cancel before they were released, so there was no balefire, but the fact that the other person's balefire was never released to cancel yours, you can balefire, and so can they... and we get an endless regressive loop of a situation that could never have happened.

<_<

Oh yeah Morgase is gonna let Tallanvor marry her and Galad will give her the okay or something...lol.  Galad will start the Berelain love, Gawyn prolly gonna die by Rand's hand after marrying Egwene because by marrying her, he puts aside the distraction of getting Egwene as his full time lady that he goes back to thoughts of his mom.  He will try to kill Rand and Morgase will come in and he will see her face giving Rand the opening to slay him not knowing what he sees. 

Oh yeah Morgase is gonna let Tallanvor marry her and Galad will give her the okay or something...lol.  Galad will start the Berelain love, Gawyn prolly gonna die by Rand's hand after marrying Egwene because by marrying her, he puts aside the distraction of getting Egwene as his full time lady that he goes back to thoughts of his mom.  He will try to kill Rand and Morgase will come in and he will see her face giving Rand the opening to slay him not knowing what he sees. 

You know that is just scary enough to be some true sh*t...I could see that happening...but then Egwene would have dreamed that already or Perrin, but you're right, there will be some confrontation btw Gawyn & Rand before the day is done, and I think 1 will be mortally wounded and Nyneave will save them or Gawyn will Draw and Elayne will take the hit after calling her brother a woolheaded idiot.  Honestly for some reason I think Min is going to die.  Just a thought.

Oh yeah Morgase is gonna let Tallanvor marry her and Galad will give her the okay or something...lol.  Galad will start the Berelain love, Gawyn prolly gonna die by Rand's hand after marrying Egwene because by marrying her, he puts aside the distraction of getting Egwene as his full time lady that he goes back to thoughts of his mom.  He will try to kill Rand and Morgase will come in and he will see her face giving Rand the opening to slay him not knowing what he sees.  

Not a chance... This will be one of the "Perrin needs to be near Rand" things. Somehow Lost In Space/Knucklehead Boy is able to get in Rand's face, but before he annoys Rand enough with his "Chihuahua barkin' at a Rottweiler" nonsense, up pops Perrin with Her Arrogance in tow and "Garglewyn" is left scuffin' the toe of his boot in the dust mutterin' .. "Well he's STILL gonna go mad and kill everyone, neener neener"... OH!? He's not?... Never Mind... :-[

I have to laugh my arse off every time some bugger ask's who'd win Rand or Gawyn or "Glambert" (Galad).. Neither would have a snowballs chance against a Plasma Cutter. What a couple o'Goobs those two little princes are.

To me the funniest potential scene in the entire 14 books would one or both of em' accosting Rand twirlin' their little Heron Marked Blades and walkin' all Cat Craps In The Sandbox and Rand rolls his eyes and drops a nearby "muck wagon" on em, Clydesdale attached.

I've always liked "Fat Guy Rushes the Food Bar".

This move is devastating, but only available to the most "portly" of blademasters.

I can use a sword now?

lol

Hey, since this 'line of thought' will probably be cut short by all that is Mod, I made a thread for the people who want to make their own sword forms...

I was bored....I saw potential. :D

Sword Forms

Not a chance... This will be one of the "Perrin needs to be near Rand" things. Somehow Lost In Space/Knucklehead Boy is able to get in Rand's face, but before he annoys Rand enough with his "Chihuahua barkin' at a Rottweiler" nonsense, up pops Perrin with Her Arrogance in tow and "Garglewyn" is left scuffin' the toe of his boot in the dust mutterin' .. "Well he's STILL gonna go mad and kill everyone, neener neener"... OH!? He's not?... Never Mind... :-[

I have to laugh my arse off every time some bugger ask's who'd win Rand or Gawyn or "Glambert" (Galad).. Neither would have a snowballs chance against a Plasma Cutter. What a couple o'Goobs those two little princes are.

To me the funniest potential scene in the entire 14 books would one or both of em' accosting Rand twirlin' their little Heron Marked Blades and walkin' all [glow=red,2,300]Cat Craps In The Sandbox[/glow] and Rand rolls his eyes and drops a nearby "muck wagon" on em, Clydesdale attached.

I've always liked [glow=red,2,300]"Fat Guy Rushes the Food Bar"[/glow].

This move is devastating, but only available to the most "portly" of blademasters.

I almost died laughing at these....you two are my heroes of the day right now.

;D .. I have a whole raft of "Pirate" Sword Forms I did some years ago. They're in the Infantry Museum at The Band of The Red Hand... Funny thing though.. The Blademasters there never axed me ta' try and be one of their number. Even though one was my "sister" and two my "brothers"... Guess ya' can't mix Infants with Cavalry.  8)

Seeing as the Borderlander plotline wasnt resolved in TGS, Im going to guess that Perrin will meet up with Rand, who will send Perrin to the Borderlanders within the Guardians protection. Faile will introduce him to Tenobia, and the Borderlanders will state they are there to a) make arrangements for an official treaty with Rand, and b) voice their negative oppinions about the forming of the Black Tower, particularly with Taim in mind. I think Perrin will end up bringing the Borderlanders in line, and that we will see him take further steps towards the Saldaean nobility.

I think the Towers of Midnight will relate to the structures in which the Finns are located.

So, is it official that ToM will be a Mat and Perrin book?

Seeing as the Borderlander plotline wasnt resolved in TGS, Im going to guess that Perrin will meet up with Rand, who will send Perrin to the Borderlanders within the Guardians protection. Faile will introduce him to Tenobia, and the Borderlanders will state they are there to a) make arrangements for an official treaty with Rand, and b) voice their negative oppinions about the forming of the Black Tower, particularly with Taim in mind. I think Perrin will end up bringing the Borderlanders in line, and that we will see him take further steps towards the Saldaean nobility.

I think the Towers of Midnight will relate to the structures in which the Finns are located.

So, is it official that ToM will be a Mat and Perrin book?

I think along those same lines. Also ToM is an actual reference to a place in Seanchan. I also believe we'll finally get to see the other side of the ocean in some detail. Which would be awesome, seeing there's a civil war going on.

Archived