DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

DemandredFO, on 01 October 2010 - 07:22 AM, said:

Best place I've found for this; I think Egwene's seanchan woman dream helping her to the top was fulfilled in tGS. A woman with a flickering face but a solid sword on her back tried to help Egwene, "Together we can make it." I'm positive Egwene would've been killed without the seanchan, Eliada's power was crumbling but I think she would've killed Egwene before she was pulled down. What if the price for Tuon being raised was an assault on the tower.

Egeanin?

I think that it will be Tuon and that it is still to come, could be when/if Mesaana is discovered, pity I can't back this up but I have always thought so. The stranger says "together we can do it" to Egwene in that dream or something along those lines. I really think the suldam and damane have to change their ways but don't think there's time.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DemandredFO, on 01 October 2010 - 07:22 AM, said:

Best place I've found for this; I think Egwene's seanchan woman dream helping her to the top was fulfilled in tGS. A woman with a flickering face but a solid sword on her back tried to help Egwene, "Together we can make it." I'm positive Egwene would've been killed without the seanchan, Eliada's power was crumbling but I think she would've killed Egwene before she was pulled down. What if the price for Tuon being raised was an assault on the tower.

Egeanin?

I think that it will be Tuon and that it is still to come, could be when/if Mesaana is discovered, pity I can't back this up but I have always thought so. The stranger says "together we can do it" to Egwene in that dream or something along those lines. I really think the suldam and damane have to change their ways but don't think there's time.

egwene and tuon teamin up against rand ;p

kind of makes my skin crawl :o

i dont think its a single one person, but a metaphor for the Seanchan Empire

(if it would be a single person i think it would be alivia and the two of them have to work together to support rand in TG in some way [most likely kill himm ^^])

Interesting about Alivia. I don't even really think of her as being Seanchan now, she seems completely devoted to Rand and considering Min's viewing (she will help you die) I think that yeah, maybe Alivia's role will be more complex than just killing him. There is a lot of speculation about her helping him fake his death which is justified in a way, but I just can't see that happening.

Min is one of the best female characters in the book, she better not die. In Nynaeve's words, "If you die I'll skin you alive."

I don't want to worry you, but..

The list ran through his head. Almost a daily ritual now, the name of every woman who had died by his hand or because of his actions.

The list always began with Moiraine. That name hurt most of all, for he could have saved her. He should have.

{Rand runs through various names, including Semirhage and Elza, even though they were DF, because he had used balefire on them.

Then: }

But Lews Therin had one more name to add. Elmindreda Farshaw, he whispered.

Rand pulled Tai'daishar up short.. I did not kill her! Rand thought. Lews Therin, she lives on. We didn't kill her! That was Semirhage who was to blame, in any case.

Silence.

Min might die here, but if he sent her away, she would be in just as much danger. His enemies likely suspected that he loved her.

There was no safety. If she died, he would add her to the list and suffer for it.

Foreshadowing?

Naw. Min has to stay alive so that her bond to Rand will help him stay alive even when he should by all rights be dead. The whole bond giving strength thing. Plus, "Three on the boat"...

'She who sees beyond' could as easily be the Dreamer Egwene (who has already used a boat as a skimming platform, see ACOS12) as Min.. And Eg can channel, which may be significant.

• 2 weeks later...

On something completely different..

Tarabon is a major source of fine rugs, dyes, fireworks and luxury items. It is considered to be a great trading nation (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 30). In tFoH8, Nynaeve, Elayne, Thom, and Juilin are travelling from Tanchico heading for Tar Valon, posing as dye merchants.

In Caemlyn, Halwin Norry advises Elayne that they have found sizeable good quality alum deposits in Danabar which should raise much needed funds (WH9).

Alum is used in (among other things) 'fixing' of dyes in fabric. Could this find lead to a trade alliance between Tarabon and Andor? If so, what might the implications be?

Tarabon is a major source of fine rugs, dyes, fireworks and luxury items. It is considered to be a great trading nation (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 30). In tFoH8, Nynaeve, Elayne, Thom, and Juilin are travelling from Tanchico heading for Tar Valon, posing as dye merchants.
The Seanchan's attack on the country might have changed things.

Not sure if trading would be one of the things.

Pretty sure the Seanchan won't actively trade with countries outside their sphere of dominance.

We know they have absolutely no problem with it.

Traders from anywhere just have to swear the oaths, the women will be given forkroot tea and Fortuona's (MSLF) your aunty.

Archived