DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Towers of Midnight form a fortress complex located within the city of Imfaral, located on the northern landmass of the Seanchan continent.

I knew the Towers of Midnight were on the Seanchan continent.

If there is an attack on the Seanchan, it would be within the main land countries controlled by them.

The Seanchan choosing (or building) towers to represent a main land equivalent might be more probable.

There are thirteen towers in the fortress.

Where did they get the number?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually had a dream last night about the new book.  Odd because I almost never remember my dreams, let alone one as mundane as reading a book I'm waiting on.

I suppose that I might remember it because I was so pissed off, because Mat getting Moiraine out of the Tower of Ghenji was completely skipped over, happening off-camera.  The end of a chapter had them getting ready to go in, and later on in the book had them showing up and re-introducing Rand to Moirane, but the actual events in the tower were completely skipped over in a "Whoo, that was rough, let's hope we never have to do that again, we'll tell you about it after the final battle" sense.

I can only hope that the actual book when it comes out addresses it a little bit more thoroughly.

I actually had a dream last night about the new book.  Odd because I almost never remember my dreams, let alone one as mundane as reading a book I'm waiting on.

I suppose that I might remember it because I was so pissed off, because Mat getting Moiraine out of the Tower of Ghenji was completely skipped over, happening off-camera.  The end of a chapter had them getting ready to go in, and later on in the book had them showing up and re-introducing Rand to Moirane, but the actual events in the tower were completely skipped over in a "Whoo, that was rough, let's hope we never have to do that again, we'll tell you about it after the final battle" sense.

I can only hope that the actual book when it comes out addresses it a little bit more thoroughly.

i swear to god if you are a dreamer i'm going to be so mad

LOL you probably skipped the chapter in your dream.

LOL you probably skipped the chapter in your dream.

lets hope so

Mat will rescue Moiraine, Moiraine will advise Rand to allow Mat to rescue his wife from the Towers of Midnight.

(You are probably saying why would Mat have to Rescue his wife, I believe she will return to Seanchan and be arrested and place in the Towers of Midnight because the locals find out she can Channel the OP.)

Perrin will come to grips with his own gift and Lead his Army to the last battle.

Egwene and the WT will assist Rand in sorting out the Black Tower and the Seanshan woman who saves her during that battle will be Alivia.

I believe there will be three major Assaults, the Tower of Ghenjei, the Black Tower and the major battle will be on the Towers of Midnight.  Rand will do a lot politic-ing throughout this book with a realization that he will be able to pull everyone together under his banner.  This won't be completed until part the way into the next book. 

Just a few thoughts I had running around in my head, if anyone of these plots are in the next book I'll be amazed.

• 2 months later...

Am I the only one who thinks Mazrim Taim IS Demandred? I mean the way Demandred is described in one of the books. He was almost equal to Lews Therin in every way including strength but always a notch below. Also. Bashere did not recognize Taim when they first met, and in that book Demandred outlines his plan but we never hear it other then everyone thinks its amazing. At the end of Lord of Chaos. Just after Rand is free at the end, Demandred talks about how well he has done when he is at Shayol Ghul. Lews Therin always wants to kill Taim for some reason. And Taim seems to hate when Rand gives him orders and once gets noticeably angry when Rand thinks he should be happy about the Dragon Reborn giving him a medal.

It makes sense that all these dreadlords will come from the Black Tower and that most of the Black Tower follow Taim.

I dunno. Might have been mentioned but I am re reading the series now and it seems quite obvious to me if you read it thinking Taim is Demandred, the hints are there.

A while back you'd have had a bundle of supporters. Taimendred was the most popular theory around. Sadly RJ confirmed that Taim was not Demandred.

Week 4 Question: At recent book signing following the release of Crossroads of Twilight, it was reported that you confirmed that the Forsaken Demandred has never posed as the man known as Mazrim Taim, who was introduced to Rand at the beginning of Lord of Chaos. Have you confirmed that Demandred has never posed as the man known as Mazrim Taim, leader of the Black Tower?

Robert Jordan Answers: Yes. Demandred has never posed as Mazrim Taim. All right, those of who fell over from the shock of a simple, straightforward answer can get up off the floor now. Sometimes, simple and straightforward can be the most devious of all, as any student of Aes Sedai will tell you

[Tor QotW]

Q: Is Taim Demandred?

RJ: No, that is totally bogus.

[CoT Signing Tour]

Q: "It's been said that you mentioned that Mazrim Taim is not Demandred. There seems to be some confusion on whether or not you said that."

RJ: "Mazrim Taim is not Demandred."

[CoT Signing Tour]

Additionally, Demandred faces Damer Flinn in the Battle of Shadar Logoth and does not recognise him, which Taim would do.

o.o

luckers has a giant banhammer of +15 stamina tho

so he might not have to respect you as his elder. can you make a saving throw?

I have a +9 to my saving throws, I should be alright ;)

You make an excellent point. It is indeed extra sad when you get called a Geek by the likes of me. Frankly you should be ashamed.

Oh I love you Luckers :)

I'd ask you to marry but if I didn't want to feel like cradle robbing ;)

A while back you'd have had a bundle of supporters. Taimendred was the most popular theory around. Sadly RJ confirmed that Taim was not Demandred.

I wonder if the Taimendred theory back in the day was as popular, as is the current Lanfear=Cyndane theory is around these parts?  ???  ;)

What's your take on this Luckers, popularity contest?

Archived