DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first post on the forums. I've been a huge WoT fan forever now. And in response to one of the first posts about Faile being a Darkfriend. I've got to believe that is extremely far-fetched. Perrin can smell evil, and that is something you can't hide. But anyways, everything that needs to be sewn up, should be in this next book. Someone on another forum said that Demandred would come out of Shara. I seriously doubt that. My belief is Demandred is Mazrim Taim. Especially when Rand sensed Taim's ability to channel and said it was close to his own. Wasn't Demandred always just short of anything Lews Therin? I'm just saying. And why would he be with the Sharans when they are irrelevant at this point? I gotta believe that Moiraine will get rescued from The Tower of Ghenji, and she will bond and marry Thom. We will find out the who is the rebirth of Gaidal Cain. We'll see who Mesaana is, in the White Tower. We will have a lot more clarification on tons of things. Everything needs to be tied up before the last book, as AMoL will be nothing but Tarmon Gai'don.  

All I know is that my favorite character since the beginning is Perrin.  Mat is my favorite to read but Perrin is still my guy, and I think he has the best "power" of all, and there had better be some serious wolf gathering going on because he knows now that he has to stop dodging it and embrace it, so Hopper better teach him the way of the Wolf and that yellow eyed army better start forming and maybe some new wolfbrothers and sisters (sisters would be awesome) to help him coordinate his human army with his wolf army.  Remember when the wolves first met Perrin they image flashed/ talked about the time when they used to fight alongside the two legs/humans.  Can't wait!

This is my first post on the forums. I've been a huge WoT fan forever now. And in response to one of the first posts about Faile being a Darkfriend. I've got to believe that is extremely far-fetched. Perrin can smell evil, and that is something you can't hide. But anyways, everything that needs to be sewn up, should be in this next book. Someone on another forum said that Demandred would come out of Shara. I seriously doubt that. My belief is Demandred is Mazrim Taim. Especially when Rand sensed Taim's ability to channel and said it was close to his own. Wasn't Demandred always just short of anything Lews Therin? I'm just saying. And why would he be with the Sharans when they are irrelevant at this point? I gotta believe that Moiraine will get rescued from The Tower of Ghenji, and she will bond and marry Thom. We will find out the who is the rebirth of Gaidal Cain. We'll see who Mesaana is, in the White Tower. We will have a lot more clarification on tons of things. Everything needs to be tied up before the last book, as AMoL will be nothing but Tarmon Gai'don.  

Koo Koo Kachoo Mr. Walrus...just some advice from someone who got the same advice but a little harsher (saving you from that, not that I posted anything like you have here which is all well known and or completely false)  But you really should go back and read through all the threads you are interested in, and go back and read or watch or listen to all and i mean ALL of the interviews that Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson have conducted...Q&A's actually but the interviews too as you will see a list of suspects much more diverse then just Demandred coming out of Shara, in fact the rising belief now is that he is with the Borderland army.  Also Robert Jordan said explicitly years ago that Taim is NOT Demandred, that theory is old and way out of date and the hunt for his true identity is on with not much progress on an actual character...thats how well he is hidden.  Most people are 99% sure that Danelle the "young dreamy blue eyed Brown Aes Sedai" is the true identity of Mesaana though others are still investigating other suspects.  Posters on this forum are quick to get on your butt about these kinds of misinformed posts so this is just an advanced warning from one who had to apologize to a few people for some accidental arrogant seeming posts and some non factual posts which I never do anymore.  Once you get up to speed, the people on here are very enjoyable to read and share theories with since we all love the series so just get up to speed and happy posting my friend.

Koo Koo Kachoo Mr. Walrus...just some advice from someone who got the same advice but a little harsher (saving you from that, not that I posted anything like you have here which is all well known and or completely false)  But you really should go back and read through all the threads you are interested in, and go back and read or watch or listen to all and i mean ALL of the interviews that Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson have conducted...Q&A's actually but the interviews too as you will see a list of suspects much more diverse then just Demandred coming out of Shara, in fact the rising belief now is that he is with the Borderland army.  Also Robert Jordan said explicitly years ago that Taim is NOT Demandred, that theory is old and way out of date and the hunt for his true identity is on with not much progress on an actual character...thats how well he is hidden.  Most people are 99% sure that Danelle the "young dreamy blue eyed Brown Aes Sedai" is the true identity of Mesaana though others are still investigating other suspects.  Posters on this forum are quick to get on your butt about these kinds of misinformed posts so this is just an advanced warning from one who had to apologize to a few people for some accidental arrogant seeming posts and some non factual posts which I never do anymore.  Once you get up to speed, the people on here are very enjoyable to read and share theories with since we all love the series so just get up to speed and happy posting my friend.

Sadly it's true.  People should just realize that a lot of us are new to this and forming these theories and it is impractical to read 8000 posts to find out that someone has already shot down your theory.

That said, I'm so excited for ToM, I hope it gets everyone back into the same timeline so that AMoL can just start out with every character in the same place.

I would like to see more Nynaeve doing awesome things. In my most recent reading of the series, I've noticed that she's the char put through the most silly stuff out of the wonder girls. It's not fair that Nynaeve doesn't get several chapters of pure awesome the next two books, or heck, takes the limelight out of the wondergirls(I don't include Aviendha).

Here is what is going to happen...Avienda will come back from Rhuidean and when she does will put the bridal wreathe before Rand, and then they will have One Power sex (Similar to 'Force' Sex in Star Wars but Torrential for her pleasure)

Then from the wild ride of the Male 1/2 of 'The Power' Avienda will have her twins w/ something 'wrong' with them bcuz they would have been bombarded w/ 'The Power' over and over and over again!

More likely, Owyn was gentled by Reds - Cads was (in her own PoV admittedly but she can't lie) never brutal about gentling whereas the Red broke Tower custom in the way they did it. Interesting though that Moiraine didn't give the names in her letters since she had promised to give the names if Thom went to Tanchico with Nyn and Elayne. (Or maybe she did and Thom didn't show that bit to Mat)

If there's one thing we know about Thom Merrilin, it's how he deals with people who hurt the ones he loves. He assassinated a fracking KING over his girlfriend being killed. I can only imagine what he'd do to some Aes Sedai over a relative. Thom, much like the Wu Tang Clan, ain't nuttin' to f*&^ wit.

It was definitely sisters (plural). If Moiraine did tell Thom, he certainly hasn't let on, yet. And yeah, The Gray Fox is not likely to let bygones be bygones in this matter. There's a clear hint in that Moiraine-Thom convo that he also did Taraingil Damodred (Morgause's hubby and Galad's dad) because he thought TD was becoming a danger to Morgause.

What do you think will be the climax of ToM? The cleansing of the Black Tower, like TGS was the WT?

At some point we need to see some convergence on the major plot threads and synchronization of timelines.  I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that whatever the climax of ToM is, it's something that, somehow, finally brings our three ta'veren together again.

Koo Koo Kachoo Mr. Walrus...just some advice from someone who got the same advice but a little harsher (saving you from that, not that I posted anything like you have here which is all well known and or completely false)  But you really should go back and read through all the threads you are interested in, and go back and read or watch or listen to all and i mean ALL of the interviews that Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson have conducted...Q&A's actually but the interviews too as you will see a list of suspects much more diverse then just Demandred coming out of Shara, in fact the rising belief now is that he is with the Borderland army.  Also Robert Jordan said explicitly years ago that Taim is NOT Demandred, that theory is old and way out of date and the hunt for his true identity is on with not much progress on an actual character...thats how well he is hidden.  Most people are 99% sure that Danelle the "young dreamy blue eyed Brown Aes Sedai" is the true identity of Mesaana though others are still investigating other suspects.  Posters on this forum are quick to get on your butt about these kinds of misinformed posts so this is just an advanced warning from one who had to apologize to a few people for some accidental arrogant seeming posts and some non factual posts which I never do anymore.  Once you get up to speed, the people on here are very enjoyable to read and share theories with since we all love the series so just get up to speed and happy posting my friend.

Thanks for the heads up man. It's just that i'm starting to read the forums and really want to start posting. I just need a little more time to read and see what's what regarding ongoing mysteries in the WoT. I just hope more people show as much patience with a newbie as you do. :)

And in response to one of the first posts about Faile being a Darkfriend. I've got to believe that is extremely far-fetched. Perrin can smell evil, and that is something you can't hide.

It's not working like that. Best example being that he didn't smell anything evil about Katerine(spelling?) when Gaul kidnapped her. He can smell...let's say the current mood of the person. It was the wolves with Machira that could recognize when someone is telling a lie.

Perrin can smell moods and he can scent shadowspawn, also rabbits, deer,etc. This makes it possible for him to diagnose madness or something weird like Slayer. Maybe he can tell when someone is lying, if they're uncomfortable. But I don't think he can scent evil - not in the same way Hurin can, for example.

Somewhere along the line, Damer Flinn has to meet Setalle Anan. How I dunno but Flinn can travel and Rand may just send him on a mission to Mat. Flinn is the best candidate for healing Martine Janata and Mistress Anan stands the best chance of anyone in Randland of convincing Fortuona that AS are human beings. If she's healed, and remains the same person to all other intents and purposes, that may possibly push Fortuona into reconsidering the entire basis for leashing.

Archived