DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who would you kill off?

yellie1107

I will definitely not have Faile die, since she is and always has been one of my favorite characters,  ever since her face got red after Perrin told her Lan's horse's name was Mandarb...  still cracks me up just thinking about it.  I was very surprised to find so many Faile haters after I finished book 11 and a started browsing the forums.

I want Rand to die.  Not because I hate him.  Just to end his suffering.  And if he does survive tarmon gai'don, look at the 3 women he will have to put up with! Poor kid. I really do feel sorry for him.

I think it would suck if all the forsaken died.  I really like Graendal, and I don't want her to be killed.

I'd like to see Gawyn die. he ahs jsut always really annoyed me.

I always liked Galad, i'd like to see him survive tarmon gaidon.

Regarding the Faile-hate: I guess Faile isn't that much of a failure. I never really minded her. If anything, it's not her, it's Perrin. Sometimes, I can't stand how love-sick he gets over the girl. I mean, if she by chance dies, what will Perrin do? Lose control? Commit suicide? Give up on Tarmon Gai'don? It really pisses me off. I well aware of the fact that getting married changes how you look at things; it is quite important to someone as he matures that you can't always quite blame him. But it's almost pathetic to look at how obsessed Perrin is now. It's just doesn't seem...well, err, healthy. If you know what I mean, that is.

Anywho, thanks for kind of putting some light on Faile criticism.

Regarding Rand dying: There are many things and hints throughout the series that Rand will or at least may -may!!!- survive Tarmon Gai'don, but then die some cruel, bitter death eventually. However, I do see a correlation between Jesus and Rand(which makes sense considering that he's more or less the messiah of the world). From what some people noticed, he may in fact be resurrected some way, some how. He may as well go into hiding from there like Noal Charrin(aka Jain Farstrider) and live rest of his life in peace, conveniently leaving all those children up to Min, Elayne, and Aviendha(well, sucks to be them).

Regarding Gawyn: Honestly, I have no objections to him dying.

Regarding Galad: Like you, I also have a fondness for him. Not that I always liked him, mind you. But it was until later in the series that I was somewhat impressed by his story and thus, started to like him as a character. Truthfully, I'm not sure why some people simply hate Galad. Perhaps I'm missing something or someone should just point something out to me, but I like the guy.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding Galad: Like you, I also have a fondness for him. Not that I always liked him, mind you. But it was until later in the series that I was somewhat impressed by his story and thus, started to like him as a character. Truthfully, I'm not sure why some people simply hate Galad. Perhaps I'm missing something or someone should just point something out to me, but I like the guy.

I like the character concept, the guy who does what is right no matter who it hurts, the graceful swordsman, the guy who might set a corrupt military organization on the right path. I dont like how much he makes me think of elves.

Galad makes me think of elves and Bayle Domon reminds me of dwarves. I dont like either of those facts.

Elayne definitely. Her death could be really important to the plot. Plus I hat her. But if Graendal or some other female forsaken killed her, Rand might flip out and get some revenge then lose the killing women block. Or it might just push him over the edge. It could actually be really bad, now that I think about it. She should still die though. She's the worst.

Faile--while it's endearing that Perrin loves her SOOO much he'd give up the world for her, enough is enough.  If she actually acted like a good wife to him I'd have no problem with this, but the passive-agressive nastiness she throws his way and the jealousy just makes her a loathsome character in particular.  Besides, I think it would be completely epic to see Perrin lose his mind and go on a killing spree if this happened...I bet no warder who had their AS die would have NOTHING on Perrin if this were to happen.

Both Halls of the Tower--it would sort of help the Tower get a clean slate and pave the way for building a new governing system for channelers.  Now, don't get me wrong, some of my favorite characters are Sitters (as if that wasn't obvious), but the Tower has been too long steeped in Traditions that are upheld by these women, and possibly wiping them all out (even the too young ones because they've been there long enough to at least get settled in the old ways) would make everyone consider that maybe a new way could work, especially if there were not enough women left standing that were being "groomed" to be in the position one day anyway.

Tuon--I'd kind of like to see what could happen if there was a possibility that Mat could remake the entire Seanchan Empire in his own image (take that, Luthair Paendrag!).  Being Prince of the Ravens now has got to count for SOMETHING with the Blood.  Although I do have to wonder myself if so many people have been adopted into the Blood and rose up that the royal family is not even related to the Paendrags anymore.  Is it written anywhere whether the Seanchan keep pedigree charts on the Blood or not?

Lan and Nynaeve--I love them  both as characters, but this romance has had a dark cloud over it from the very  beginning.  I kind of see them ending the same way as Aemon and his AS Queen of Manetheren died.

Nicola and her pillow friend Areina--simply because they deserve it

I would say the Coplins and Congars, but maybe they should be held up as examples of why incest is such a bad idea...

Taim--killed by Narishma, wielding Callandor with his bonded AS, and Taim's followers would die as well.  Narishma assumes command of the Black Tower, and this is how he "follows after"

I probably have more, but these were the first ones I thought of.

• 1 month later...

Gawyn. Gawyn a thousand times Gawyn.

Why all the Gawyn hate? He's a lovable moron. Thats incredibly stupid. That is incredibly misinformed. That is incredibly misguided. That is incredibly frustrating. Hmmm...nevermind, I see the reason for Gawyn hate now.

P.S. Sorry to revive a dead thread, hopefully it wont take off again

Just saw the Neigh'blis comment...utter genious.

For me, there are simply too many.  So, I've made two lists! :)

The fun list:

Gawyn

Egwene

Galad

Birgitte

Half the freaking Aes Sedai

The kill off for literary reasons list:

Mat - We know Mat doesn't die, but I thought he would've made an excellent Martyr and would've really shaken things up with the Horn of Valere again (which I guess he's still attached to even though he died in tFoH?).

One of Rand's Wives - I hope none of them go. I like them all, but it would really be a final blow after the loss of his hand.

Gawyn & Egwene - I can see a Romeo & Juliet sorta thing here, plus they both wasted so many pages that they jumped off the fun list and ended up here.

Any and all of Rand's children (either unborn or otherwise)

Elaida - She counts as a good guy right?

Lan - For obvious reasons.

Question:  Is Moghedien spineless enough to count as a good guy? -_-  Because I've wanted her to get offed since day 1.

Alanna - just because I want to see what happens when Rand goes even crazier!

Lan - I just get this feeling he is going to die.

Cads - Don't think she will be making it through either. I do think she is one of the best people Rand currently has with him, but she is gonna die for plot reasons.

Elyas - Might have some interesting results...

Min - I think this would push Rand over the brink though. (plus Min is my favorite of the three)

Narishma - I got this gut feeling...

Davram Bashere - Once again, gut feeling from reading the books...

Gareth Bryne - Min's viewing about Siuan?

Hmmm... there's a few more, but I think this list is sufficient.

Fain deserves to die and die in the most horrible way imaginable. It does not matter to me if you, shiek chilli use Fain to bring other fans into the book. To me, the WOT series would be just as GREAT and wonderful to read if Fain was balefired way back in Book 2, The Great Hunt.

Are you kidding? Fain is such a bad ass, he's like one of the coolest characters.

Fain deserves to die and die in the most horrible way imaginable. It does not matter to me if you, shiek chilli use Fain to bring other fans into the book. To me, the WOT series would be just as GREAT and wonderful to read if Fain was balefired way back in Book 2, The Great Hunt.

Are you kidding? Fain is such a bad ass, he's like one of the coolest characters.

I totally agree. The series would of been a lot poorer ,villian wise, without Fain. I actually wish he was more active.

I think we'll see a showdown at some point between fain and luc/slayer. i agree that fain is a cool villain, and he has added a lot to the story.

I'd definitely kill off Faile in a gruesome, sadistic, dehumanizing fashion. She sucks so bad. She is number one of the 5 characters i really hate, the others being eggy, cads, gawyn, and elaida, so all of them can go as well (notice 4 out of 5 are uppity women with domineering personalities.)

Also, off topic prediction, i think Galad will find he is able to learn to channel.

Another thing, why havent eggy, elayne or nyn told rand that those 2 black sisters in tear had heard of a plot to free taim? He was obv turned, (13/13) unless he was a df already, and clearly placed close to rand so as to be able to strike at him when the time is right.

I totally agree. The series would of been a lot poorer ,villian wise, without Fain. I actually wish he was more active.

Sorry, but to me, Fain is a very lame villain. That is why I want him to die ASAP.

Taim--killed by Narishma, wielding Callandor with his bonded AS, and Taim's followers would die as well.  Narishma assumes command of the Black Tower, and this is how he "follows after"

I'm so glad someone else wants Narishma to get that glory!  He got scoffed at so many times for Rand raising his ranks.  Take that M'Hael!

I think Fain is the coolest villian. I wouldn't be surprised if the DO gave him like super powers and made him Na'aeblis (sp?)

I mean whats cooler than a madman running around doing whatever he feels like, with a knife that kills anyone with a nick?

To me, it feels like something out of a cartoon or a comic book, or even a video game. To me, Fain's character was not as well done by RJ as the other major villains in this series.

I think Fain is the coolest villian. I wouldn't be surprised if the DO gave him like super powers and made him Na'aeblis (sp?)

I mean whats cooler than a madman running around doing whatever he feels like, with a knife that kills anyone with a nick?

To me, it feels like something out of a cartoon or a comic book, or even a video game. To me, Fain's character was not as well done by RJ as the other major villains in this series.

That may be true but can you at least admit his character concept is cool.

Fain is a cool character, yes.  But we see so little of him that what we get glimpses of just feels cliche.  If he got a couple more pages here and there (lord knows Egwene doesn't need all of hers :P) he could be a very, very cool dude.

Thats what I am talking about, right there. Compared to other villains in the series, very little was done by RJ to flesh out Fain's character. Sure, he has his share of scenes in the early books of the series. But in the latter portion of WOT, Fain is rarely seen, and the way I see him is filled with villainesque cliche's.

fain is the only bad guy whose pages i gleefully read. its a shame we have not seen so much of him especially considering his awesome form during the first few books. seriously when he killed perrins parents you knew you were dealing with a straight up ol gangster.

if fain was a chosen the game would have ended long ago. and that chapter in lord of chaos with the mother and son was and still is the most awesome villain chapter

That would really surprise me. I've always believed that Fain just stands apart from both factions. He's a faction of his own. He doesn't belong to the DO just like Gollum isn't Sauron's creature.

I think Fain's a lot more evil than Gollum (even though the dagger seems to be "his precioussss"...) but he's his own brand of Evil. Shadar Logoth wasn't made evil by the DO either, was it?

Archived