DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Invitation to all! Kin's Birthday Tea Party!

Leane_Shariff

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*strolls in, a bit late, dressed in a plain but elegant white silk dress, wearing a red sash that pops out against the dress* (I hope it's all right that I wear the red sash, as I STILL can't see the Red Sash boards...)

I have my teacup!

Noritake%20Teacup.jpg

I usually drink herbal tea, if I drink tea at all, and I've found I like raspberry tea and pomegranate tea, both brewed strongly and with lots of honey in it.

I usually don't drink tea, though, unless we have it or my throat is sore.

Actually, the process of making proper Southern Sweet Tea is a scientific process called supersaturation. You heat the water to right at the boiling point, which causes the molecules to spread out. The distance between the water molecules allows for the addition of sugar molecules. Now, tea brewed on the stove is subjected to that heat for enough time that it's possible to add the sugar to the water while it's on the stove, thus heating the sugar molecules right along with the water molecules and spreading those out, too. SO THAT, when you remove the pot from the stove and add cool water to the mix, you can add still more sugar before the molecules return to their room temperature distances, thus trapping the sugar molecules in the mix.

*grins* And ya'll thought southerners were stupid! HA!

Guest dragonsworn1991

WOA Lor that was amazing. My favorite is sweet tea with a little bit of lemon.

Also can't forget the long island iced tea  ;)

Though Lor's technique duplicates my own, I'm not quite so liberal with the sweet. Jumpin Jee-hose-ahphat but glucose syrup with some tea flavoring ain't not my idea of muy bueno ;D

Might have been those twentyfive years of enjoying unsweetened Sun Tea in Arizona. ;)

What?!! The tea I brew HERE in Lower Alabama can still steady a diabetic with tremors! :o It just doesn't PRESERVE them like candied fruit in a fruitcake for all love!  ;D

apologies to my sugar absorption challenged friends... :-*

OMG you expect me to choose? Ok my favorite I think was when I was having a hard time one Christmas, I suddenly got several Happy Mail packages in the mail. I was amazed at it all, and so thankful. The people in this org are caring and so wonderful.

I have to agree with Jade on that. Everyone here is awesome. Happy mail is one of the most brilliant things that anyone could have ever came up with. :) Another favorite period of time was the posting war with the Band. We all know who won that one. ;)

I'm late, I'm late!!! *runs in, still trying to get her zipper in the back closed, running circles in the attempt around herself*

Got my cup!! *thrusts cup up*

Poppy_TC.jpg

*notices she didn't take out the flowers*

Errrrr, yeah *sends the roses flying with quick twist of hand* See?

*continues waving cup as the roses rain down on top of the nearest person to her right*

My favorite tea is usually rosebottle, though I'm a coffee person not so much a tea person.

My favorite memory of the Kin..... Hmm... need to think on that for a bit, there's so many!

Breezes in after Mystie, trying not to giggle, pushing a teacart with a lovely "Linnea" flower pattern on it...

Linnea20Teaset.jpg

Sorry I'm late everyone!  Looks like a lovely party!!  But I just wanted to have everything perfect for this amazing event..so of course I couldn't find my gloves!

pinklacegloves.jpg

One was in the drawer nice and straight, and the other was waded up in my little bag!  Sheesh!  Got kind of crumpled...so I had to steam it smooth...

pinkchampagne3.jpg

Then of course there were all the buttons on this proper tea gown...

pinkfantasyteagown.jpg

and of course I had to find the perfect pink flower in the garden for my hat!

width=610 height=480http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/twin-flower/pinkteapartyhat.jpg[/img]

Now I hope you'll all help yourselves! There are some cucumber sandwiches, watercress sandwiches, delicate butter cookies, pizzelles, mints and of course my favorite Blackberry Brandy tea!  and a few extra cups in case anyone doesn't have one! 

Now Mystie..I don't want to hear a word about the Pink!  I like pink..and it coordinates so well with my flower!  *grins*  Just a little lesson...

Every summer, Linnea carpets the deep, mossy north woods of Sweden with fragrant pink clouds. Now you can grace your table with this charming wild flower! Swedish Linnea, also known as Twinflower!

Oh and also here on the bottom shelf of my little trolley are colors, markers, feathers, sequins and assorted decorative items to decorate these fans!  Often at an afternoon tea, while chatting, folks would do some artistic or crafty thing!  Since we ARE celebrating our Birthday..thought it'd be fun to decorate them with Birthday wishes for the Kin and post them here!

Some patterns:

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/chinese_fans_colouring.htm

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/chinese_fans.htm

http://www.helium.com/items/805386-how-to-make-a-paper-hand-fan

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/origami_fan.htm

or maybe one of you can find a simple coloring page..I couldn't!

*settles in with a cup of tea....*

Now my favorite memory...as most of you do, I have so many!  but two always come to mind...lol..the almost second or third post I ever made was to tackle Kyn!  and play in the mudpit...and then we had a lovley time sailing the Pirate Ship Lorraine!  and then the first time I was raised...*smiles*  I cried! *grins at Lor*

Ohhh my first and second Golden Knitting needles were great for me, that's another one. It's so wonderful to be rewarded for being involved in an org after you have reached full rank, it's a great idea in my opinion. *G* Ohhh fans, I will have to make one.

You know..another favorite memory was actually a time in the kin!  *grins*

Back when we had the temp boards and everyone would be on at night and we would spam the heck out of the boards!  LOL  we would have fun flirting and conversing in the game threads like the word association and if this then that...and just some of the wild places our spamming went to!  LOL  It'd be nothing to post through five pages on every thread in an evening!

Actually my most memorable time in the Kin..was when Lor asked me to be on the Council.  I was amazed, surprised and so honored...LOL and then scared when Kyn reminded me what big shoes I had to fill!  *smiles*  of course that was also about the time Lor told me she was pregnant another wonderful moment in Kin time!

oh and of course Dae's and mine bonding in the Kin and the amazing Kin party afterwards..surrounded by so many friends and amazing gifts and dancing...*smiles lost in good memories*

Archived