DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

update

Liitha

ok can we get an exact on where things are standing ic/ooc progress wise now

because i know there is a lot of treads on topic, but thats the issue, i totaly lost track of what is going on, if or where we can post etc

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on a post right now of the BT leaders discussing the bonding issue and Jarron's orders.  It's a closed RP, so I can move it along as quick as I can.

After that, we kill the M'Hael, and then we go to the WT.

If I get to writing and my muse doesn't go on strike, we can be knocking at the WT gates in a little over a week.  I'd count on maybe 2, just as a buffer.  I still need to work out details with the WT leaders about the actual meeting.

So ... soon.  Be patient.  Go set something on fire and we'll probably ready by the time you get back.

Asha'man bonding is more or less the same as AS bonding.  The only major difference is the method.  Asha'man originally learned the weave using it on their wives, so the bond is administered with a kiss.

Good luck convincing your reds to pucker up :)

The only other difference I know of is the compulsion factor.  Asha'man are immune to the compulsion factor of the AS bond.  Aes Sedai are fully vulnerable to compulsion from the Asha'man bond.

ICly, the Asha'man are not aware of their immunity.  So that will be fun too. :D

She'll be a WT bondholder  ;)

And I see that Larindhra is going to be bonding a drunk ... *sniffs*

*hiccups* ...  :o

Yes he is already having issues... ;D  To make matters worse he knows nothing about the bonding, he only thinks there is to be a truce.  ;)

Asha'man bonding is more or less the same as AS bonding.  The only major difference is the method.  Asha'man originally learned the weave using it on their wives, so the bond is administered with a kiss.

Good luck convincing your reds to pucker up :)

*is suddenly very glad that Martyn isn't the Bondholder in this case*

Him being married and all ;)

um techniquality here, the movements of arms or whatever acompany a weave is more a very ingrown habit then really having anything to do with the performance of weave, hence how you learn it is how you do it, because you become locked by habit

asuming the weave aint thougth in class by the teachers having students kiss eachother, wouldnt it be natural to presume some other metods been found up, i mean not all AS hold the head of the warder between their hand performing the weave, its the most common, but its not actualy anything to do with the weave, its just how they learned it, and its very hard to break a habit once learned (it is possible if you work on it though)

and considering there been some bonds to AS before in a rather hectic battle situation, is it not viable to belive they werent going around kissing pasionalty in the midle of battlefield, so if not before then at least there the motivation would been strong enough to break through old habits and as a result new methods of habits were discovered?

A lot of the bonds in the watchers RP were still done with a kiss.  Not in the middle of heated battle with a passionate kiss, but a simple thing after the subject was subdued.

In the books, Logain had to do it with a kiss.  He hadn't learned it on his own wife (didn't have one) and I doubt he practiced it on another Asha'man.  It was the easiest way to do it because that was how the weave had been discovered, and there generally hadn't been much other use for it.  No way to practice.  Since Asha'man don't generally bond anyone but their wives, there has been no reason to learn the weave another way. 

It also adds to the comedic value of the upcoming thread.  How about we just leave it at that?

I also vote we leave it as is. The AS who are to be bond-holders do it the way they always have, the Asha'man do it with the kiss.

I know Zarinen is going to have a total hissy fit when it happens to her  ;D

I also vote we leave it as is. The AS who are to be bond-holders do it the way they always have, the Asha'man do it with the kiss.

I know Zarinen is going to have a total hissy fit when it happens to her  ;D

Arath is in for some fun then!  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

The Aes Sedai are a barrel of monkeys?

I like the analogy! ;D Not sure how Covai is going to deal with kissing a moneky though :P

*Hides from Elgee*

Oh, and Brent's just been killed by the way. The only BT thread left is the Announcement to the Tower. I think we can get starting on the arrival thread simultainiously if people are ready to go. Maybe wait a few posts so everyone on the BT side of things can see how things panned out, but I don't see the need for the thread to finish before starting the WT arrival. As far as I know, its just going to be a bit BT boss speech and the start, and then every body posting reactions afterwards.