DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How'd you come up with your DM handle?

Desiree

I've been wondering this off and on for a bit, now. How did y'all come up with your DM names? Such as does it have any special meaning/background? Did you already have an email with that name? Or is it just a random convergence of letters and such?

Poledra I chose when Polgara was taken on the old boards. I wanted a character from David Edding's The Belgariad, but I wasn't sure who I wanted. Then I realized, I was a Blue Aes Sedai and in the Wolfkin - and Poledra showed up in a ghostly blue-auraed wolf form! So that did the trick for me. When I came back to DM, I came back under the name of Desiree. Demi is not the only nude one of SG, I just don't bother to flaunt it as much. So instead, I chose Desiree Dryad from the Xanth books by Peirs Anthony. while Desiree is my account name (that still implies my nudeness), Poledra Sedai is my username.

Well before I joined any of the ORGS I submitted stuff into the "Ask a Chosen" Column, and I wanted to be called the Dark One, so I found SG and so I called myself The Master, and I'm a guy so The Master Dude. Oh, and I pretended to be the Dark One at first...<.< Yea... ::) that didn't go over so well.

Well anyways, my orignal DM name was Stephen Windell, got that because my name is Stephen and when I registered for Pol's old runboard page, I was on a Dell Computer running Windows, so Windell, as far as Ferathil, its a name for one of my character's not in use that I made as a backup for DnD made off a random roll chart for elven names.

I am a card carrying citizen of Soviet Canuckistan.

I started using the name the day i heard of my new country on a radio news program.  i've since been using it for my gaming/internet handle since. but it doesn't quite fit for any of my WoW or D&D characters.

hahaha, I started this cuz your name was one I was mainly curious about :P yours, Pandy's, Demi, and Twitch, and a couple others

I love your sig, Pol! It's pretty... You may want to update the Myrdraal part though... ;)

Yeah, but I don't have the same program here that I did at my mom's. while I really liked that one, I'm gonna have to change it. they've since updated the sample pictures that come on computers as well :P maybe some barren wasteland that also demonstrates the toughness of Shayol Ghul. Also need to do something different for the WT. hmm, wonder if I can get the program online somewhere... *doesn't know how to operate photoshop*

oh, and btw...

*slithers all gholamy up behind TMD, witih Ferathil's stupid stick in one hand and a suprise in the other*

*wraps around TMD so he can't move and beats him over the head a few times with the Stupid Stick unti he's drooling uncontrollably and stuffs the surprise down TMD's throat - one of his own foul, stained, sweaty socks that hasn't been washed in weeks that was laying under the couch to rot*

*watches him look up at her with groggy eyes as he starts to turn a rather sickening shade of green and purple*

You killed mah Canuki! So I'm killing you *nods* *hits him with the Stick again and lets him go to crumple down to the floor, limp and lifeless*

Someone had taken Lanfear and Moghedien was the next female Forsaken name to pop into my head. Then I spelt it wrong... ::)

I still think I should have gone with Semirhage... ;D

But then, Moggy, we would be calling you Haggis or Haggie :D

A pandy is another name for a fulling mill, and is used primarily in Wales.

pan⋅dy

   /ˈpændi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pan-dee] Show IPA noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy⋅ing. Chiefly Scot.

–noun

1. a stroke on the palm of the hand with a cane or strap given as a punishment in school.

–verb (used with object)

2. to hit on the palm of the hand.

Origin:

1795–1805; < L pande stretch out! (impv. of pandere), i.e., open your hand to take the blow

Archived