DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Asmodean and Couladin

metallicafan08

I'd say he wouldn't care. He's never been to Rhuidean so he wouldn't know what WAS supposed to happen, and if he ended up with two Dragons, well then, he would be the prophetised Car'a'carn to drive out the wetlander impostors (a.k.a. Rand).

Him not really being the smartest tool in the shed and being married to the wrong kind of woman didn't exactly help much either.

the question is, does Couladin think he is Car'a Carn?

Couladin was killed in the next book (Fires of Heaven); so we would not get his thoughts on the matter.

Though he did claim to be the Car'a'carn near the end of the book (Shadow Rising).  Very little chance of him claiming it without believing it.

Rand knew Asmo did it, did he not? Im sure he noted it in his PoV not long after all that happened.

What I have wondered is, why Rand didn't feel sadin(sp?) being channeled? He was the only channeling man present.  If Asmodean channeled to do the deed, then Rand should have felt it. 

The only reasons he might not have felt it is if Asmo inverted the weave so Rand couldn't feel it, or maybe he was asleep when the deed was done. Or, if Lanfear did it ;).

Asmo probably DID invert his weaves, but he may not have been anywhere near Rand when it happened as we don't see Couladins Dragons until they are at Alcair Dal at the end of Shadows Rising.

Couladin was probably stuffed so full of other people, Sevannah mostly, telling him that he was, and convincing him that the prophecy stated that he who comes with the dawn would arrive at Alcair Dal at the break of dawn. Which they managed to arrange.

What I have wondered is, why Rand didn't feel sadin(sp?) being channeled? He was the only channeling man present. If Asmodean channeled to do the deed, then Rand should have felt it. 

The only reasons he might not have felt it is if Asmo inverted the weave so Rand couldn't feel it, or maybe he was asleep when the deed was done. Or, if Lanfear did it ;).

Or he was too far away. They weren't exactly staying under the same roof.

Asmo probably DID invert his weaves, but he may not have been anywhere near Rand when it happened as we don't see Couladins Dragons until they are at Alcair Dal at the end of Shadows Rising.

Couladin was probably stuffed so full of other people, Sevannah mostly, telling him that he was, and convincing him that the prophecy stated that he who comes with the dawn would arrive at Alcair Dal at the break of dawn. Which they managed to arrange.

Inverting the weve is hiding it after it was done--which would assume that Asmodean didn't simply use the Power to actually tattoo Couladin's skin--in which case there would be no nead for any inversion.

As for why Rand did not feel it--that cannot have anything to do with inversion--or reversion, for that matter. Reversion is the method of hiding flows as weaving them (as opposed to inversion, hiding flows after they are woven). Either way though there is still the sensation of active channeling--with reversion, though you cannot see the weave, you can feel that they are weaving, and with inversion you can see and feel them weaving until the weave is complete and they hide it.

Fact is Rand didn't feel it--that wasn't because Asmodean inverted or reversed his weaves. It was because of distance, even close up men feel very little of another man's channeling--there was considerable distance between the Shaido and Taardad camps. The Wise Ones even camped half way.

Maybe I'm crazy but I recall Asmodean admitting to doing it just to increase chaos. Couladin said he went to Rhuidean in the night but I think he was given the tattoos while Rand was there and didn't truly go himself. A bit of compulsion or something could have had him all set to say he did. I would say this happened while Rand was in Rhuidean because didn't Couladin pack up and leave with his clan the next day? He had a plan, then. Couladin probably did think he was the car'a'carn, or if he knew he wasn't he wouldn't have cared because he believed he couldn't lose.

I would say this happened while Rand was in Rhuidean because didn't Couladin pack up and leave with his clan the next day?
Not quite. The Shaido, and everyone else, packed up and left for Alcair Dal a couple of days later. And, like I say, everyone else went too. Including Rand. And this is before they meet the group of peddlers Asmo and Lanfear are with.

Maybe I'm crazy but I recall Asmodean admitting to doing it just to increase chaos.
Not just to increase chaos. A distraction. Keep Rand busy with Draghkar and a fake car'a'carn, while he makes a break for Rhuidean.

P.S. All hail Metallica
Why not someone good?

Archived