DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So how many of you...

JenniferL

When getting a wrong number, will just call and call and CALL that number over and over, expecting it to magically become the right one?

I only ask, because somehow my Grand Central number has gotten out and I'm getting calls from all over the country, all of them wrong numbers. I always let my phone go to voice mail if I don't recognize the number, so most of them hang up as soon as they hit the greeting. However, a few very SPECIAL individuals insist on calling repeatedly, hoping against hope, that my number will somehow become the one they need.  One persistant soul was so convinced I was hiding her boyfriend somewhere, she kept calling even after I answered and told her to stop.  Seggie finally had to talk to her and explain that she was, in fact, dumb.

What the hell?

Heh, when I was 8 or so and we were living in Richardson, our phone number was the number that used to be assigned to the city waste control office.  Therefore, we'd get a plethora of crochety old women who refused to use the new phone book calling us demanding we pick up their trash.

[radio edit]  Oh yes, and when I was still living in the States, my cell number was the area code of the town I'd purchased it in.  Therefore, I'd get all sorts of mis-dials from rednecks trying to find their drinking buddies.  I actually had one that kept trying to call me back because he thought I sounded hot, and wanted me to go on a date with him.  Insert shudders here -_____-

A friend of mine's phone number is exactly one digit different from a local moving company (the last digit of course), so they regularly get calls for the moving company. This was especially amusing the summer when that friend worked for said moving company.

After I responded and said I'd be happy to recommend him, but I had no idea who he was, he responded and asked me to delete his email. I was tempted to respond "No, you started this. Your resume is mine now. I will be posting it in my livejournal for all to mock forthwith!"

I'm really not a nice person.

Of course you are.

A not-nice person would have responded "No, you started this. Your resume is mine now. I will be editing and posting it in my livejournal for all to mock forthwith!" and then added some embarrassing spelling mistakes, a degree in recreational tanning, and a six month work history at Tony's Laundry (Reason for leaving: fired for using too much starch on the bills) before sharing it.

There was one person who kept calling my work phone in PA, thinking he was reaching some girl.  He made that mistake three or four times, even when I answered and told him it was the wrong number.  It was annoying, since my work phone already interrupted my life way too much.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

You know Kath, my hubby is always getting wrong numbers calling his Grand Central number as well. Weird coincidence, eh?

I hate it when people keep calling over and over. After the third time I'm just mean. It's totally not nice, but how many times should I have to say "Still the wrong number!" :P

I love it when they read the number out to you, and you say "Yeah, that's right...and it's the wrong number" And they start argueing with you saying "Well so and so gave me this number!"

Errr...sorry, they either hate you or made a mistake.  8)

• 3 weeks later...

After I responded and said I'd be happy to recommend him, but I had no idea who he was, he responded and asked me to delete his email. I was tempted to respond "No, you started this. Your resume is mine now. I will be posting it in my livejournal for all to mock forthwith!"

I'm really not a nice person.

Kath you are evil! LOL So do you have his resume????? *looks around* What now i'm curious. lol

I uploaded one of my more...incoherent voicemails to my LJ today. This is my SECOND call tonight from this number.

http://lady-kathana.livejournal.com/285312.html

I think I'm being invited to a party of some sort.

My verdict: The guy was stoned off his rocker! ;D

He called me again today during class, but didn't leave a message.

Archived