DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Modification: What parts do you dislike in the WOT?

RAND AL THOR

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True.. possibly there is some residue of the taint left in all of the ashaman. True ts clean now but why wouldnt there be some still in them "festering"

its a possibility

They always deserve it. ALWAYS.

even egwene? the AS need to gain there respect, dignity and power back or its going to be bad news for TG.....

Guest Dreadlord

Egwene is so fake she really annoys me. Rand shouldn't take any abuse from her at all.

Egwene: "Stop being such a woolhead Rand!"

Rand: "This is your first and only warning. Be quiet."

Egwene: "You arrogant-"

Balefire. Jobs done.

The only Aes Sedai who doesn't deserve it is Moiraine

I do not like the way she behaves with Rand. In that view she is just like any other woman in WOT. ;D

But I like her behaviour after she becomes Amyrlin. However, I agree with dreadlord somewhat because I don't see how her personality become so Amyrlinish so quickly. Her change of personality is what I find sort of fake. But I still love Egwene Al'vere the The Watcher of the Seals(huh?), the Flame of Tar Valon, The Amyrlin Seat. :D

Manipulation is the sole core of all Aes Sedai.

They can go for months without food or water as long as someone is there whom they can manipulate.

The Amyrlin Egwene-Mat interaction was really weird and entertaining. I loved the way Mat refused to give proper respect and I like how Egw dealt with it too.

I disliked Nynaeve's and Elayne's quick submission to Amyrlin Eg. They should have been a little like Mat.

I agree with Dreadloard.

I will go even one step further.She is the only Character I despise in WOT.As some people want Fail to die, I, too just want her to die before she can abuse her relationship with Rand and Mat and annoy me any further. I find her highly irritating.

Yeah, Moraine is the only Aes Sedai(including Nynave, Elayne) who deserve some respect.

They have to earn the respect, they have to prove what it means to be real Aes sedai to people.Over thousands of years in WOT world, the standard of Aes sedai has deteriorated to the lowest possible level, there is no doubt about that.

So you don't find the whole manipulating thing annoying?

Erm...annoying?......not quite. I don't like it when it is done to the character's loss. But I find it witty. The way Siuan got all her things done when she was Amyrlin entertained me more than annoyed me. I especially liked the scene where she got Nynaeve and Egwene to submit to chasing the BA and also the part where she marches into the kitchen and sends everyone scurrying for cover.

I think the reason why I don't find it annoying is because the Aes Sedai themselves are all being manipulated by the Forsaken. And Ishamael claims that he has been doing so for thousands of years. So, each time I see the AS manipulating, I just think find it amusing because the same is happening to them!!! ;)

Yeah, Moraine is the only Aes Sedai(including Nynave, Elayne) who deserve some respect.

Moiraine is one of the best characters in the books. I wished she had been recovered from the Finns sooner. I dislike Moiraine's rapid deterioration in status in books 4-5. She didn't deserve that. I remember a point where Rand was thinking that instead of HER protecting HIM, HE now had to protect HER. That was a sad moment.

I don't think of Nynaeve and Elayne as Aes Sedai. They have not undergone the test which is one HECK of a thing and they lack most of the Aes Sedai characteristics. eg, in KOD, Elayne utters a scream in her palace from sheer frustration. It was really funny but then I thought- would an Aes Sedai do this? Nynaeve is a little better compared to that.

I still like Egwene. I don't know why. I hate Faile. I know perfectly why.

MY sister hates Egwene as well and she has only read the first half of the first book. She doesnt like the way Eg treats Rand. I agree with that. The word 'wool-head' needs to be banned in Randland.

Despite my liking of Egwene, one of my favourite scenes in the books is in LOC when the AS from the Tower approach Rand and Eg wants him to be arrogant but tells him to be like a mouse but he realizes that she wants him to be arrogant anyway and tells her straight in the face afterwards. That was so COOOL!

I don't think of Nynaeve and Elayne as Aes Sedai. They have not undergone the test which is one HECK of a thing and they lack most of the Aes Sedai characteristics. eg, in KOD, Elayne utters a scream in her palace from sheer frustration. It was really funny but then I thought- would an Aes Sedai do this? Nynaeve is a little better compared to that.

RJ has stated that both Elayne, Nynaeve and Egwene should have passed the test for the shawl if they were to do it and the scream Elayne gives away can be blaimed on her pregnancy wich are screwing with her emotions^^

I myself think Elaynes mood swings and how she after them all the time blames Rand like it was his fault is the funniest moments in KoD

Guest Dreadlord

UNQUOTE

Nynaeve is great though. I stated earlier that my favorite women characters are

1) Moiraine 2)Aviendha 3) Nynaeve. I got it wrong, it goes Moiraine, Nynaeve and then Aviendha. Later on, she deserves respect.

RJ has stated that both Elayne, Nynaeve and Egwene should have passed the test for the shawl if they were to do it and the scream Elayne gives away can be blaimed on her pregnancy wich are screwing with her emotions^^

I myself think Elaynes mood swings and how she after them all the time blames Rand like it was his fault is the funniest moments in KoD

She utters a similar scream when she is with the menagerie in Book 5. So it cannot be blamed on pregnancy.

Also,I can't possibly imagine Nynaeve and Elayne being utterly calm in a dire situation which is one of the tests in the test for the shawl. Despite what RJ said, I still cannot imagine them passing the test. Novices usually take years and years to become Aes Sedai. They were promoted from novice to accepted easily because of their strength in the power but I don't think they deserve the title of Aes Sedai just yet. It is plain that RJ NEEDED them to be Aes Sedai in the later books and so brought about this but I think it went way too fast.

I like her mood swings but I HATE the blame she puts on Rand which is utterly undeserved.

like her mood swings but I HATE the blame she puts on Rand which is utterly undeserved.

You've obviously have never had to deal with a pregnent wife? :D ;) ;D

Also,I can't possibly imagine Nynaeve and Elayne being utterly calm in a dire situation which is one of the tests in the test for the shawl. Despite what RJ said, I still cannot imagine them passing the test.

Actually except for Cadsuanne (whose a force of nature) all A.S. seem to get flustered in a pinch. The requirement for the Shawl test is I think more of an appearence thing. If you can deal with the issues in the test even though you are flustered you pass. If you cann't you fail and maybe die. The only difference between Nyneave and Elayne and the Aides Sadie is that the A.S. have had time to lurn to hide their fear.

like her mood swings but I HATE the blame she puts on Rand which is utterly undeserved.

You've obviously have never had to deal with a pregnent wife? :D ;) ;D

Ah no not yet. I'm still single.  ;D ;D ;D

But it is very annoying because SHE is the one who approached him and she puts the blame on rand. Everytime I come across that it is irritating.

A.S. have had time to lurn to hide their fear.

true true true. Early in the series they seem all serene but as our characters come to understand them better, they can see that it is just outward appearance.

sorry no respect for elayne because she sucks on so many levels its unbelievable. I dont mind the new egwene because she is doing ok now be amrylin... but anytime she thinks about rand or any guy i lose respect for her because she goes back to saying something like if only rand didnt make such a mess... WHEN HES BINDING THE NATIONS FOR TG!

sorry that angers me. same when there like "oh mat a soldier? ha! hes only has that reputation from the being a freindd of the DR"

elayne is like that for everyone.. cause she sucks...

and i agree with alot of people in this last page so i dint bother quoting all of you..

and dreadlord your bit about balefireing egwene.. i like egwene sometimes... but i alomst fell off my chair laughing from that well in!

i dont like how AS use the whole "im stronger then you so you listen to me" way of organizing themselves.. thats the only time i have ever agreed with the WF on anything, the quote about the AS fighting like deckhands to show whos stronger as a way of organization? stupid.. AS should be like the WO and do it by age not power because wisdom(sometimes) comes with years not power.

and aslo elayne get authority over AS because of that and its very foolish having her in charge of anything.

thats reason enough to change custom to follow WO way of doing things!

Putting some one on the lead because of strength is the most ridiculous thing I encountered in WOT.It is almost childlike.

Obviously the White tower thinks that being stronger in the one power also makes you smarter and experiance(I don't know how anyone can manage that, without the benefit of actually been in there and going through).

I mentioned Elayane and Nynave because they are at least a little bit better than most Aes sedai(minus Cady). As for being favourite, Aviendha top my list followed by Moraine.

Question is will there be again Aes sedai like AOL? Or the male and female will remain separated as Aes Sedai and Ashaman after TG?

If so, I don't think it will be as effective as to reach its maximum potential.

AS should be like the WO and do it by age not power because wisdom(sometimes) comes with years not power.
Since when have the Wise Ones had a hierarchy based on age? The Kin do, though.

Putting some one on the lead because of strength is the most ridiculous

Agreed.

However in Medieval times, the strongest win. Kings lead their armies in battle. When a throne is vacant, the weaker competors cannot hope to gain it.

Similarly, you can't expect to have an Amyrlin who is weak in the power.

Overall, I dislike this system. I can't help but think that RJ did it so that Egwene/Elayne/Nynaeve reach high positions among Aes Sedai quickly.

Similarly, you can't expect to have an Amyrlin who is weak in the power.

Except, it has been Amyrlins who was barely strong enough to get the shawl^^

Also,I can't possibly imagine Nynaeve and Elayne being utterly calm in a dire situation which is one of the tests in the test for the shawl. Despite what RJ said, I still cannot imagine them passing the test. Novices usually take years and years to become Aes Sedai. They were promoted from novice to accepted easily because of their strength in the power but I don't think they deserve the title of Aes Sedai just yet. It is plain that RJ NEEDED them to be Aes Sedai in the later books and so brought about this but I think it went way too fast.

I like her mood swings but I HATE the blame she puts on Rand which is utterly undeserved.

With all due respect^^, but it's not your thing to question wether Nynaeve and Elayne would pass the test or not... If RJ says it, it's fact. No offense or anything ;)

And with Elayne blaming Rand, i've learned that if you get angry and frustrated to easy in WoT, you aren't gonna be able to enjoy it. There's ALOT of frustration in WoT so I've learned to laugh instead. It's the same when Nynaeve says her really sexistic comments about men and with Seanchan beliefs about Damane and stuff like that. I just laugh, 'cause i know it's probably RJ's sense of humor. (Except for Seanchan who's just evil^^)

And with Elayne blaming Rand, i've learned that if you get angry and frustrated to easy in WoT, you aren't gonna be able to enjoy it. There's ALOT of frustration in WoT so I've learned to laugh instead. It's the same when Nynaeve says her really sexistic comments about men and with Seanchan beliefs about Damane and stuff like that. I just laugh, 'cause i know it's probably RJ's sense of humor. (Except for Seanchan who's just evil^^)

There's a limit. I did find the sexist remarks (not just made by Nynaeve) amusing in the first 3 books but it got very tiring afterwards.

And no matter what is said, I dislike the way Egwene always looks down on Rand and hardly ever (or actually never) gives him the respect he deserves.

This I find very difficult to swallow with a laugh.

Since when have the Wise Ones had a hierarchy based on age? The Kin do, though.

i was using the age hiearchy as an example but i think the AS should have done things like the WO. they dont suffer fools and "wsidom" (oh wow wise ones? wisdom?) seems to be a big thing for them.

Archived