DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who would you cast in a movie?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, thought about this one lots, some characters are easy and others really aren't. Generally, they've gotta be English, or at least sound English (I was very impressed by Sean Astin in Lord Of The Rings).

The main 3 have to be unknowns.

Moiraine: Helen Mirren (after her portrayal of the Queen)

Min:

Aviendha:

Elayne: Not sure about any of these!

Egwene:

Nynaeve:

Lan: Timothy Dalton

Thom Merrilin: Tom Baker

Noal Farstrider: Sean Connery

Logain Albar: Sean Bean

Mazrim Taim: Blaze Bayley, formerly of Iron Maiden

Morgase: Gotta be Miranda Richardson

Bayle Domon: Eric Bana

Cadsuane: Dame Judi Dench

Elaida: Marcia Cross

Tam Al'Thor: Sir Michael Caine

Galad: David Tennant

Aginor: Richard Coyle

Asmodean: Simon Callow

Balthamel: Gene Simmons of Kiss

Be'lal: Harrison Ford

Demandred: Christian Bale (Equilibrium, anyone?)

Graendal: Christina Ricci (Sleepy Hollow)

Ishmael: James Hetfield of Metallica (he looks unspeakably evil with the S&M-era beard, and he can do evil laughter like no one else)

Lanfear: Tarja Turonen, formerly of Nightwish

Mesanna: Sarah Michelle Gellar (as in Cruel Intentions)

Moghedein: Radha Mitchell

Rahvin: The black guy from Hustle

Sammael: Vin Diesel

Semirhage: Grace Jones would've been perfect, too old now though.

Moridin: James Masters

Osan'gar: John Travolta

Aran'gar: Asia Argento

Cyndane: Not sure

The other one for Lanfear would be Kate Beckinsdale, as someone has already pointed out.

ILS

i was just watching prisonbreak and i have no idea but it just came to me that WENTWORTH MILLER (michael the main character) should be RAND!

he could be totally freaky/cold/awesome and if i was gay i'd say hes pretty hot. um..ok granted hes actaully pretty old but he can play a 20 yr old no prob plus he needs to grow some hair (dye it red/grey). i just think he'll make a good Rand.

what do y'all think?

• 2 weeks later...

Me For Mat!! All others be cast aside!!

Sean-William Scott be damned (sean william scott why would you incure such a thing???, Blond Haired blued eye arian goofball. I WOULD CAST MEEEEEE FOR MAT.

MEEEEEEE!

I Would play Mat as Mat should be played, I'd Dance laugh spit swear and smirk alike unto unto the trickster and bring life to The Character as no other could!!!!! I CAN SWING A PRETTY MEAN STICK TOO!!!

I've been practicing with throwing knives as well.

..... But then again that is a biased opinion.

Besides I'm prolly not LUCKY enough!!!

Some very interesting choices. Her are a few of my own.(Excuse any repeats; I'm not stealing, just agre

eing.)

Tuon-Halle Berry

Aviendha-Famke Jamssen

Min-Natalie Portman

Elayne-Kirsten Dunst

Faile-Liv Tyler

Thom-Sam Elliot

Belwar-Kevin Spacey

Padin Fain-Steve Buschimi or Andy Semekis

Bayle Doman-John Rhys-Davies

Gwain-Orlando Bloom

Moraine-Catherine Zeta Jones

That's all for now. I'll think of more later

Okay heres one thing your all missing, yes this is all opinions and the movie will likely never be made anyway but my idea is a bit different. Think Animatrix here. They did a spectacular job on that first scene and that is the only way I can envision the movie, with all of the events the amount of SE would become a little cheesy and wouldnt really work on the big screen. Soooooooo instead of finding folks whom you invisioned this character, think voice over. If the movie was done this way, it would be far easier to cast and could be completed. Now to some picks of mine...

There is only one pick I have for you that I am adamant about and it is Dramored (sp?) He needs to be played by joaquin (sp?) Phoenix. He did so well as a bad guy in Gladiator and RJ never gives us much on his age but phoenix has a regal and timeless face and oh yeah...he kicks ass as an actor. Thats all for now I will soon post my pics for the voice overs...think about it people, we cant screw up this imaginary movie!!! LMAO :lol:

Some very interesting choices. Her are a few of my own.(Excuse any repeats; I'm not stealing, just agre

eing.)

Tuon-Halle Berry
A little too old, sad to say, though she would be a nice little Tuon.

Aviendha-Famke Jamssen
Again, too old unfortunately.

Min-Natalie Portman
That could be nice I think.

Elayne-Kirsten Dunst
Nah.

Faile-Liv Tyler
Too old.

Thom-Sam Elliot
Too...western.

Belwar-Kevin Spacey
hehe..too high profile maybe.

Padin Fain-Steve Buschimi or Andy Semekis
Yes to Steve...Andy Serkis would be kind of predictable, but I wouldn't be averse to letting him have a shot at it.

Bayle Doman-John Rhys-Davies
Nice choice.

Gwain-Orlando Bloom
Not bad.

Moraine-Catherine Zeta Jones

Hmm...maybe a tad too tall. I had her more in mind for someone like Alanna Mosvani or maybe even Lanfear.

• 2 weeks later...

wheel of time the musical

matthew perry = cenn buey

guy pearce = high lady suroth

ron jeremy = davram bashere

anthony worrall = thompson=rand althor

simon cowell = tam al'thor

rosie odonell = a trolloc

david hasslehoff = rahvin

tom selleck = perrin

mel gibson = the dark lord

pavarotti = mat cauthon

barry from eastenders = lan

steve buscemi = egwene

• 2 weeks later...

my full list is coming later, but i want to get a few things out there now, since my knowledge of actors isn't that great and i'll have to sift through this whole thread about 3 more times before i end up witha list I like. But to start things off:

THE ROCK IS A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE ACTOR. Why anyone would cast him for anything is completely beyond me.

I really like the idea of steve buschimi as fain. i also think the guy who played wormtongue would be a good mordreth (if that scene made the movie).

stop casting pretty women as suian. She's suppposed to be a strong, handsome woman.

stop casting gorgeous women as egwene. nobody but gawyn thinks that egwene is hotter than elayne, or min, or nyneave, or aviendha, or moraine. or any of the other numerous "babes" in the story. I think a thinner, 18 month older emma watson might do the trick here.

I think when casting Lan we have to be careful that the person we pick isn't overly brawny (i.e., the rock, steven segal, and other conan-type characters). Lan is strong as hell, but he's not a big brute.

Does anyone remember what color hair Berelain is supposed to have? I think both selma hayek and eva longoria would be killer for this part (and whoever doesnt get it can be allana).

Kate Walsh (the redhead doctor on grey's anatomy) would be good as an Aeil wise one, one of the four that teaches Egwene (i'm blanking on the name).

And finally, as much as I love the O.C., Rachel Bilson absolutely would not work as any of the female leads. She's too good-looking to be egwene, she wouldn't look good with light hair, so no min/elayne/aviendha, and she simply isn't a good enough actress to be nyneave or moraine. Mila Kunis does the whole bossy nyneave thing better anyway. Rachel Bilson is just really really good looking, and when we have every living actress available for consideration, that doesnt cut it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Keifer Sutherland would be a great Sammael.

I think Johnny Depp would pull off Moridin perfectly.

Jessica Alba would be good as Min.

Rahvin has to be Samuel L Jackson. Just from the description of Rahvin, and Jackson being such an great actor.

I also alway pictured the fat lady from the practice, can't think of her name, as a good Verin.

Shannon Dougherty would be a good Alvarian. She has the right temperment to fit the role.

Sean Connery as Gareth Bryne. He has that command aura to do that.

Gene Hackman as Thom, he's pretty versatile.

Catherine Zeta-Jones as Graendal, it always seemed to be here I pictured.

That's all I got for now. It would be a very hard thing to pull together such a large cast. Even only going with known actors for the main characters

Here's some more:

I agree with Steve Buschimi as Fain. (Good choice!)

O.k Nicole Kidman as an Aiel (I don't care which one but she was born for that race!)

James Masters as Byar (I think that's him you know the White Cloak!?)

Jensen Ackles as Mat or one of the Andoran princes.

Dichen Lachman as Faile.

This is my first post on this forum, but here’s my 2 cents. ;) Some have been mentioned already, but I think those suggestion are nice... I may have chosen younger forsaken than others, but that's just how I see them. ;)

Rand:

Mat: Dom Monaghan Only problem I see is that he’s getting a bit too old for Mat. Someone said Christopher Masterson and I like that suggestion.

Perrin: Jared Leto

Nynaeve: Jennifer Love Hewitt. She’s 5' 2½" (1.59 m) tall, which would be perfect for Nynaeve in addition to already having deep brown eyes.. ;) Imagine that picture with braided hair...

Egwene: Natalie Portman or Mila Kunis

Elayne: Keira Knightley

Min: Milla Jovovich Who else?

Aviendha: Laura Pepron

Moiraine: Zhang Ziyi or Rosamund Pike (Miranda Frost in Die Another Day). Yes, they look completely different, but it’s the matter of accepting Cairhienin with Asian look or not..

Lan: Daniel Day-Lewis

Galad: Orlando Bloom

Ishamael: Ralph Fiennes

Sammael: Sean Bean

Demandred: Adam Baldwin

Rahvin: Karl Urban

Aginor: Paul Bettany or he could play Myrddraal. ;)

Asmodean: Mads Mikkelsen

Graendal: Michelle Pfeiffer

Lanfear: Catherine Zeta-Jones

Semirhage: Angela Bassett she’s a bit too short though, imo

Moghedien: Famke Janssen

Moridin: James Marsters

Morgase: Nicole Kidman

Elyas: Someone suggested Joe Lando and he fell right into place in my mind.

Guest Wynne Jessal

Did I miss something? Where did this Cairhienin-as-Asian thing come from? Yes, Cairhienin are short and have dark hair. But they are also pale, not with a yellow-based skin tone. If anything, Saldaens seem to facially fit more of the description with tilted eyes, high cheekbones, and sometimes prominent noses (depending on how define the latter).

Mila Jovovich looks too old for Min, IMHO. We actually matched up on a few of your Forsaken suggestions though, Aremeriel 8)

Well, you said it. Predominantly dark hair and shorter than most. This matches the model of Asians up until the industrial era.

Contrary to belief, Asians actually come in several skin tones. Some Asians have quite pale skin. Some have brown skin. Some do have a yellow tinge to their coloring. In some regions of Japan there are people who are very fair skinned. The same goes for some Koreans, northern Chinese, Mongols and Russians.

The line between actual physical attributes and sterotypical beliefs about physical attributes can be rather fine, but in this case, I think Asian appearance can actual be rather subtle and fitting for the people of Cairhien.

Guest Wynne Jessal
Well' date=' you said it. Predominantly dark hair and shorter than most. This matches the model of Asians up until the industrial era.

Contrary to belief, Asians actually come in several skin tones. Some Asians have quite pale skin. Some have brown skin. Some do have a yellow tinge to their coloring. In some regions of Japan there are people who are very fair skinned. The same goes for some Koreans, northern Chinese, Mongols and Russians.

The line between actual physical attributes and sterotypical beliefs about physical attributes can be rather fine, but in this case, I think Asian appearance can actual be rather subtle and fitting for the people of Cairhien.[/quote']

OK, I will grant you that the skin tone in Asian/Pacific whatever-PC-term-you-want-to-call-it can vary widely.

As for height, the average male height in China is less than two inches less than, say, France and many other countries in Europe or the Middle East. With Japan there's 3 - 1" average height difference (in males). My point being that just being short and having dark hair could be associated with a few other nationalities. The skin tone is negotiable. Pale skin could be omnipresent in many cultures.

But to my knowledge, RJ has never described the Cairhinenin as having classically Oriental features (broader nose, slanted eyes, prominent cheekbones).

I'm not being argumentative. I've just never ever heard or read that anyone associated the Cairhienin as an Asian-appearing nation. I truly don't. I imagine them as a more generic short caucasion-esque culture with the prevailing traits we mentioned.

Now that I do some reasearch though, I see the FAQ describes Cairhien as "France, with a dash of Japan". So I guess we are both correct. :lol:

Nice long list!

I like a LOT of the suggestions (except casting Scott Bakula as "LAN"..that's too much of a "Quantum Leap" ;) for me ! (Ducks the rotten tomatoes)

Rand al'Thor - Ed Speelers (Yes - THAT Ed Speelers

from "Eragon")

Lanafear - Kate Beckinsale would rock the house

Am. Seat - Dame Judy Dench !

Padan - Brad Dourif for sure

Lan - Vigo Mortesen (Aragorn) or Karl Urban

200px-LordVaako.jpg

(Lord Vakko from "Chronicles of Riddick"

(* Ron Perleman COULD play the part -

however - he blonde haired and blue

eyed. Cast him as an Aileman)

Mat - Sean Astin

Perrin - Elijah Wood (Seriously - imagine him

with yellow eyes - he'd look wolf - like

at that point)

Thom - Sean Connery OR Patrick Stewart (Thom's a

tough customer as well as a bard)

Morg - Would love to see Michele Pfieffer (Think of

her performance in LadyHawke )

Liand. - Would love to see either Lucy Lawless or

Hudson Leike (Both from Xena - both

ladies are 5"10 !!

Well - what you do guys/gals/Ogriers think ?

I'll ignore all comments from Trollocs - they don't count anyway ! ;)[/img]

I'll say sorry in advance if you think I'm ripping your cast list apart here although I have to agree with you on not liking Scott Bakula as Lan. ;)

Am. Seat - Dame Judy Dench !

Which Amyrlin Seat? ;)

Lan - Vigo Mortesen (Aragorn) or Karl Urban

200px-LordVaako.jpg

(Lord Vakko from "Chronicles of Riddick"

Viggo in that part would make too many think Aragorn in LoTR I think... ;) And Karl Urban is too good at playing bad-guy to not put him as one. ;)

Mat - Sean Astin

I really like Sean Astin' date=' but I wish people would stop suggesting him for Mat as he's too old imo, in addition he'd have to lose quite a few pounds to play Mat.

Perrin - Elijah Wood (Seriously - imagine him

with yellow eyes - he'd look wolf - like

at that point)

No offense - but can you seriously imagine him as Perrin who's supposed to fit this description: "He is half a head shorter than Rand and stocky with thick arms and shoulders" I like Elijah Wood as well, but can not picture him in that role...

Liand. - Would love to see either Lucy Lawless or

Hudson Leike (Both from Xena - both

ladies are 5"10 !!

Not having seen either of them act I think, I can see either of them in the role. But, their height would work against them instead of for them imo. Liandrin is described as less than a hand taller than Moiraine (who is about 5' - 5'2"), while 5'10" would make them at least 2 hands taller than Moiraine.. ;) Checked on Imdb and according to them, Hudson Leick is "only" 5'7 3/4", so height-wise, she'd be a better choice imo.

Archived