DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who would you cast in a movie?

I'll say sorry in advance if you think I'm ripping your cast list apart here although I have to agree with you on not liking Scott Bakula as Lan. ;)

No problem Aremeriel -- you disagreed without being disagreeable!

Am. Seat - Dame Judy Dench !

Which Amyrlin Seat? ;)

I'm just starting book 4 so I know of only one Amylin seat. I say either Judy Dench or

Louise Fletcher!

Lan - Vigo Mortesen (Aragorn) or Karl Urban

200px-LordVaako.jpg

(Lord Vakko from "Chronicles of Riddick"

Viggo in that part would make too many think Aragorn in LoTR I think... ;) And Karl Urban is too good at playing bad-guy to not put him as one. ;)

-- Hey I liked him as Aragorn ! :)

Mat - Sean Astin

I really like Sean Astin' date=' but I wish people would stop suggesting him for Mat as he's too old imo, in addition he'd have to lose quite a few pounds to play Mat.

He's blonde and broad-shouldered and it would be neat to see him be somewhat heroic! (RE: Him fighting off the floating Axe!)

Perrin - Elijah Wood (Seriously - imagine him

with yellow eyes - he'd look wolf - like

at that point)

No offense - but can you seriously imagine him as Perrin who's supposed to fit this description: "He is half a head shorter than Rand and stocky with thick arms and shoulders" I like Elijah Wood as well, but can not picture him in that role...

How do you know Elijah Wood's not six foot in real life ? :)

Liand. - Would love to see either Lucy Lawless or

Hudson Leike (Both from Xena - both

ladies are 5"10 !!

Not having seen either of them act I think' date=' I can see either of them in the role. But, their height would work against them instead of for them imo. Liandrin is described as less than a hand taller than Moiraine (who is about 5' - 5'2"), while 5'10" would make them at least 2 hands taller than Moiraine.. ;) Checked on Imdb and according to them, Hudson Leick is "only" 5'7 3/4", so height-wise, she'd be a better choice imo.[/quote']

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wynne Jessal
I'm just starting book 4 so I know of only one Amylin seat.

He's blonde and broad-shouldered and it would be neat to see him be somewhat heroic! (RE: Him fighting off the floating Axe!)

You should probably finish the series before casting' date=' because a lot changes by the end of the series (at least what's written now.

Lan is Lan. He's not Aragorn the Second. Casting Viggo Mortensen would make people think of him as Aragorn. And their characters are VERY different. Besides, basically re-casting the major actors from LotR would be a mistake. WoT isn't LotR parts 4 - 16.

Also, I think you may be confused between Mat and Perrin. Neither Mat or Perrin are blond though. Perrin is the one with the axe and the shoulders. I can't imagine Sean Astin as Perrin (or Mat!) in my worst nightmares. Maybe you're thinking of Sean Bean?? Sean Bean is too old for either one anyhow. So is Sean Astin. And Sean Astin has dropped the extra weight from LotR, but he is not fit enough for Perrin--at least, not how I imagine Perrin. And Mat is tall and wiry, which Sean Astin definitely is not.

And per IMDB, Elijah Wood is 5'6". I think most of his fans know he's pretty short. I don't think Elijah Wood has the ferocity sometimes necessary to play Perrin. I'm trying to imagine Elijah Wood growling like a wolf, and all I'm getting is a kittenish mewl... :( [/color']

I'm just starting book 4 so I know of only one Amylin seat.

You should probably finish the series before casting' date='

[ * WISEACRE WARNING * I can't finish the series because the series isn't finished yet - I'm playing catchup starting from book 1 (Reading 3 Wheel of Time books in 1 week = sore eyes! ) ']

because a lot changes by the end of the series (at least what's written now.

Lan is Lan. He's not Aragorn the Second. Casting Viggo Mortensen would make people think of him as Aragorn. And their characters are VERY different. Besides, basically re-casting the major actors from LotR would be a mistake. WoT isn't LotR parts 4 - 16.

I Know Lan isn't Aaragorn. His character is very much different. The closest thing I've seen to what I imagine his character to be was the character of "Navarre" from "LadyHawke".

The character of "Aaragorn" would be too soft compared with LAN :)

Also, I think you may be confused between Mat and Perrin. Neither Mat or Perrin are blond though. Perrin is the one with the axe and the shoulders. I can't imagine Sean Astin as Perrin (or Mat!) in my worst nightmares. Maybe you're thinking of Sean Bean?? Sean Bean is too old for either one anyhow. So is Sean Astin. And Sean Astin has dropped the extra weight from LotR, but he is not fit enough for Perrin--at least, not how I imagine Perrin. And Mat is tall and wiry, which Sean Astin definitely is not.

And per IMDB, Elijah Wood is 5'6". I think most of his fans know he's pretty short. I don't think Elijah Wood has the ferocity sometimes necessary to play Perrin. I'm trying to imagine Elijah Wood growling like a wolf, and all I'm getting is a kittenish mewl... :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post more stuff leik this hannah, i love ur chioces. alot. they are excellent calls, all look the part , and the majroity can act it/. some lok a lil off, but then agaoin, makeup is possible.

only if he directs leik he did in the orignail SW. that was good. or peter jacksoin.

LMAO what if kubrik did it?! thatd be cool to see

I'm rocking Emmy Rossum and Daniel Craig on that list. To fiddle with it, though, I'd actually like Rufus Sewell as Asmodean. Well, I'd *most* prefer James Marsters as Asmodean, but his height (or lack thereof) might be an issue. And as long as I'm associating Buffyverse actors with the Forsaken, Claire Kramer as Graendal. Totally. Glorificus is basically the face Graendal shows the world. And Kristen Bell as Min. And, in further shuffling of your choices, Helena Bonham Carter as Moiraine. I wouldn't have thought of her before seeing your list, but it works. Is she too tall for that role, though?

If Stanley Kubrick could find a way to direct from the afterlife, yeah, that would be pretty neat. I imagine it takes too long to say "CUT!" on a ouija board, though.

Thats the best list I've seen. Now, if we can just find the 2 or 3 billion it would take to hire all those people for 12 movies ...

Best picks in my opinion:

Emmy Rossum as Egwene - thats always how I pictured her.

Judi Dench as Cadsuane - she could do the perfect count.

Gina Torres as Semirhage - exactly right for a torturess.

Luckiest man on that set:

Sam Niell. Famke Jansen is gorgeous.

Biggest Surprise that Actually Works:

Antonio Banderas as Valan Luca. I went "Huh? Oh ... hmm, yeah, he would be good there."

Worst miss in my humble opinion:

Wentworth Miller as Galad. Not how I pictured him at all. But meh, I'm not a good judge of male beauty.

Thanks all!

I have to agree with AS=wrong. Lucas of the first three SW movies, is okay, but the prequels were a nightmare of epic proportions. /pun

I didn't always agree with PJ's visions of LotR either.

I wonder if we could entice Joss Whedon in to the roll? He could make Jordan's comic relief actually funny!

reyler, I wasn't familiar with Claire Kramer, so had to look her up. I know her now. She seems a little young for the role, though. I had HAD James Marsters on as Moridin, but I just don't personally find him attractive, so I scratched him. Stuart Townsend is flexible. He's gorgeous, and I don't know how he got stuck as Asmo, but I always pictured him in that roll, and then a lot of other people have him there too, so... I think Helena has too distinctive of a look for Moiraine, but it's not bad.

Thanks RAW. Your opininon counts for a lot around here. ;-) I find Wentworth Miller beautiful, in an artistic way (not sexual), though I will admit to never having watched him act. But yeah, his handsomeness is a matter of opinion for sure.

yeah, that's a pretty hot list overall.

picks I really liked -

basically all the Forsaken and the assorted Aes Sedai - so many to list here. just liked them all pretty much.

Cillian Murphy as Aram - so perfect. Cillian is one of the best looking guys in Hollywood imo, and he has the chops to gravitate between charming and brooding and murderous.

Kris Kristofferson as Elyas - yeaaaahhh. he's as hard and grizzled as they come, and he looks like he could growl or bite your head off at any time.

Natalie Portman as Nynaeve - beautiful, smoldering, can have a temper but also have a gentle side. so good.

Winona Ryder as Min - can go between "cute" and "beautiful" with a few touchups, and she can act. great choice.

Michael Wincott as Shaidar Haran - awesome call on the Eyeless, and he has the perfect voice.

Ioan Gruffudd as Logain - yessssss. imo he'd need to put on 20-50 lbs of muscle to really have the physical prescence of Logain, but in the Hornblower movies he showed he can do natural leader really well.

Christopher Lee as Pedron Niall - Christopher Lee is pretty much God. right age, awesome voice, good prescence.

Rufus Sewell as Taim - perfect natural coloring, startling intensity, plus he can look just slightly crazy without even trying.

Heath Ledger as Gawyn - handsome, great smile, athletic, can go between playful mocking to gravely serious to romantically flowery. I was having a hard time finding a Gawyn, and this is a good choice.

Jason Scott Lee as Juilin - gets a real delight out of explaining his craft. great choice.

Ian McKellen as Thom - inspired. Ian McKellen is the man, and he could easily play Thom.

there's more but I'll save em :p awesome work

===

a couple picks of my own

Oded Fehr as Valan Luca - darkly handsome with a great smile and a slight accent, natural leader and salesman.

Guy Pearce as Lan - you wanna talk about a face with hard planes and edges, plus he's athletic and very intense. he's not quite the age of Lan, but makeup can easily take care of that.

thats why i mentioned kubrik...dead sure, genius? yes. just i cant see these movies as sumthign hed direct (insert word i ant think of rght now lol)ly. (ly as in adverb)

my favorites of hannahs choices: THOM omg, ian would be perfect for the role. when i watch LotR i kinda get that vibe form him. (also, yeah OJ did do some weird things with some parts, but i still think there waas a very limited choice to get it AS good as he did)

pedron, juilin, aram, bayle, lini, elyas

mat- looks handsome but not like, omg my pants are sticky hot, and has a definite mischevious cast to his eye,

Perrin- i cna so totaly rock tht,

tuon- i agree in full hannah. creative lisence is what makes cinema wonderous. and this choice, is one of my top favorites (my ABSOLUTEs being thom, mat, tuon, lini)

and lan. all excellent choices.

and wiht some minor disagreements on some aes_sedai iagree wiht the vast majority.

First let me say this: I hope they never turn WoT into a movie.

However, I think it is fun to compare the image we have of the different WoT characters. I read all the posts on this topic and I agree with some entries.

A last point: I want no interference whatsoever from the LOTR cast.

So here is my list of (famous) actors/actresses who could do certain WoT characters.

Padan Fain: William Defoe (he’s perfect for the role)

Sammael: Rutger Hauer

Demandred: Ralph Fiennes (he looks kind of sneaky)

Lan: Daniel Day Lewis or perhaps even Clive Owen (definitly not Viggo Mortensen or The Rock or Adrian Paul)

Moiraine: Rachel Weisz

Egwene: Natalie Portman

Gaul: Ewan McGregor (now I think of it, Ewan could be considered for the role of Perrin too, remember him as Obi-Wan in Star Wars Ep.III)

Aviendha: Milla Jovovich

Aran’gar: Angelina Jolie (Egwene says somewhere that Halima looks as if she was conceived by a guy, hence )

Tuon: Halle Berry (well, why not )

Rhuarc:Liam Neeson (he should get in shape more though)

A green Aes Sedai, Alanna Mosvani perhaps: Sophie Marceau

And finally, I cannot believe this actor wasn’t mentionned before (I hope I didn’t overlook his name, it was a long list), Vincent Cassel as …… Ishamael

Vincent Cassel was born to play the role of a forsaken. He has already shown that he looks good as a medieval wacko: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151137/ (as Gilles de Rais – look him up if you don’t know him!)

and as an 18th century wacko: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237534/

car_20011010_pactolobos3g.jpg

vinz.jpg

A funny little detail, in 2006, he starred in a French movie called - believe it or not:

sheitan.jpg

So, I know you will all agree, he’s perfect!

Archived