DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So Gawyn... Where Will He End Up?

DuDZiK

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I like Perrin, I don't want to see him die. 

I was tongue in cheek when I said that . I liked Perrin's character development till around Dumai's wells. However all that rescue Faile, Shaido arc turned him into a lame character . Particularly his alliance with Seanchan just for rescuing Faile and him giving all those wise women as damane to them .

I must agree with you there, after Faile was kidnapped I really did not like him much, but overall, like, considering the entire series, I do like him.  I like Mat and Rand more though, and they are at a tie since I like different things about both.  Mat himself just provides the series with constant comic relief, which I love.  Rand I think is just a sweet tragic character who need a lot of lovin'.

I didn't even know Rand and Gawyn were related at all... I suppose since they are both noble born they would have to be though.  Oh well, 9th cousins can't even be considered related... thank goodness...

Does anybody else actually like Galad or is it just me?

I personally have the strange feeling that Gawyn will die (hopefully after he finds out his mother is still alive and stops hating Rand...), and Egwene will end up with Galad, who really isn't a bad guy, he's just slightly misguided and attention/love deprived.  I personally would not mind this, I like Galad.  I really wish Gawyn was snap out of it though, he really is an idiot...

See I think it's the opposite because Galad is so misguided and love deprived. He's the tragic figure in all this, and I wouldn't be surprised if he died alone but appreciated by Elayne and others, but especially Elayne.

Quote:

wait whats the deal with Perrin and Gawyn? Why are they fighting? Its been such a long time, since I've read the books. 

Not Perrin and gawyn, Perrin and Galad (the new leader of the whitecloaks- one of the three men that seconded him when he fought the duel avenging Morgase's rape, was Bornhold). Galad and his whitecloaks are quite close to Perrin's forces at the end of KOD

Neither Perrin and Gawyn nor Perrin and Galad are fighting. Other than hearing his name through Aes Sedai (or maybe Nynaeve and Egwene when they were all in the tower), about him being a ta'varen from the same village as Rand, I don't think either of the two personally know Perrin exists.

As Cubby just said, Galad and Perrin are certainly on collision course, but considering Galad's speech about fighting along side Aes Sedai I don't think he personally will fight against Perrin's forces.

Gawyn certainly will not fight Perrin, or at least we have been given no indication that he might.

Quote:

Cubby

Name is Cubarey, you can call me Rey, or Cuba or even Cub. But Cubby? only is you like bing called Dud. :D :D

Actually its going to be interesting when the Whitecloaks meet up with Perrin. Not only does Perrin have a whitecloak death sentence over his head, he is traveling with Aes Sadae, Wise-one's, Ashaman, the Prophet the remnants of a Dragon sworn army, Aeil and has Morgase as a servant. Then again Morgase is alive, not to mention that he will have Berelain to deal with.  I do not think it will come actual fighting but I will love to see how Galad rationalizes his decision.

Quote:

Cubby

Name is Cubarey, you can call me Rey, or Cuba or even Cub. But Cubby? only is you like bing called Dud. :D :D

You can call me Dud, Dudzy, Dudzykins, or dudzy-biddy-boody-kins for all I care, and all except for the last I have actually been referred to including by people I could say I dislike. ::)

Actually its going to be interesting when the Whitecloaks meet up with Perrin. Not only does Perrin have a whitecloak death sentence over his head, he is traveling with Aes Sadae, Wise-one's, Ashaman, the Prophet the remnants of a Dragon sworn army, Aeil and has Morgase as a servant. Then again Morgase is alive, not to mention that he will have Berelain to deal with.  I do not think it will come actual fighting but I will love to see how Galad rationalizes his decision.

Like I already said, he has already told the rest of the Whitecloaks that he will fight along side the Aes Sedai. He might have a different opinion of the Asha Man, but he does not hold the irrational hate towards people who can channel (women at least) that the other Whitecloaks do. After all, his sister is one who can channel as is the woman he loves. I could see him being dragged into a fight by some stupid action made by other whitecloaks or something, but once he finds his mother I think that will be settled.

I could see him being dragged into a fight by some stupid action made by other whitecloaks or something, but once he finds his mother I think that will be settled.

I presume you mean his stepmother Morgase, not his mother Tigraine, seeing as the latter has been dead for more than twenty years...

OK I really hope Galad doesn't die, I really like him... he's such a sweet guy... I mean, I like Gawyn too, and I don't want him to die either, but Galad is just so misguided...

He would be a perfect tragic figure though.  I would cry if he died....

As for Galad and Perrin... that should be interesting ^^  I'm just wondering when Rand is going to tell everybody he has a brother...

>>

<<

>>

:o

1. Egwene finds him walking the WT halls, pulls him into a broom closet and bonds him. Doesn't ask him, just does it.

2. He finds out that Elayne is queen and is torn about which to stay with. This causes much melancholy and gnashing of teeth.

3. Half way through MotL he discovers that he can channel, hates himself but gets over it.

4. Spends the rest of his life Traveling/commuting between TV and Caemlyn.

;)

I always thought Berelain would end up with Galad because of the prophecy too(even though for some reason I always hoped it would be Mat haha).

I love Gawyn--I guess I like characters most people hate--but I understand his slightly misguided hatred of Rand.  I would hate Rand too (especially if he got my sister pregnant and was sleeping with Min...haha).  I always thought Gawyn and Egwene were SO cute together (for like the 5 pages of their romance haha).  I've been waiting for them to hook up again for 5 books!  If they don't I'll be sad, but oh well I suppose.  Nothing I can do about it lol.

I always thought Berelain would end up with Galad because of the prophecy too(even though for some reason I always hoped it would be Mat haha).

Even though I knew it wasn't going to happen due to the Aelfinn's statements, I always wanted Mat to hook up with Aludra.  I think they have some good sparks between them.

...bad pun :/

I completely forgot about the viewing about Berelain and Galad... haha well he will soon be loved then ^^

Not everybody hates Gawyn, I don't, I just think he is an idiot a great deal of the time.  Why would he believe a rumor that Rand killed Morgase?  Galad doesn't.  You would think, after being Prince since he was like... born... he would know better than to trust public opinion.  It just is not the wisest thing to do.  They never have the whole story, if they even have part of it, and it gets spread around and ends up so distorted you wouldn't recognize it if it kicked you in the face.  Gawyn is just an idiot.  A sweetheart.  But an idiot.  A vengeful idiot.

See I think it's the opposite because Galad is so misguided and love deprived. He's the tragic figure in all this, and I wouldn't be surprised if he died alone but appreciated by Elayne and others, but especially Elayne.

Not to worry about Galahad...<err> Galad.  He's the man in white who Min saw that the First of Mayene will fall madly in love with.

Not to worry about Galahad...<err> Galad.  He's the man in white who Min saw that the First of Mayene will fall madly in love with.

But what stinks for Berelain is that nothing says he will love her in return hehe

That would be so tragic if Galad didn't love her!  I really like Berelain for some odd reason.  I think they'd be cute together--both very attractive...and she could corrupt him a little bit. 

I suppose it would teach her a lesson about not getting whatever she wants ... but I think Perrin probably taught her that a little bit too...

I don't know why Gawyn believes the rumor, but he thinks his mother is dead and sometimes it helps people to have someone to blame.  I've always liked him more than Galad though--from book 1.  He was always the nicer more normal one of the two. 

A for Mat having someone on the side--I don't think Tuon would let him get away with that.  (Side note--I want Tuon to show more signs of actually caring a little about Mat...it drives me crazy lol).

Archived