DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Without meaning to be insensitive - in regards to AMOL

dlan4327

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He actually said QTF not QFT. The most common use of that that i have seen is 'quit talking faggot'.

Be very sure that such things are not acceptable on this website. I'm very much hoping that that was not what he meant to say.

-Slowly raising one eyebrow-  That's not a phrase that I have been familiar with ... mostly because I think the word "faggot" in the derogatory sense is only used by the uneducated or flat out stupid.

But hey, if you want to take shots at someone, elmis, feel free to fire at me.  Let me assure you that such tactics will recieve only the condescending sighs that I direct at naughty 2 year old toddlers, since you have evidenced that your mind functions at that level of development, combined with a disdain I reserve for people who, unlike said toddlers, should have developed much farther by the time they are capable of reading even Goodkind's drivel.

I will then ignore you, until you evidence a greater level of thinking, which would deserve the attention of myself and the other thoughtful participants on this website.

I'm entertained that you'd make such a post towards someone for something that was more than likely a simple typo. All you really managed to do was to show the forum exactly how one goes about acting like a superior, self important arse. I'd dismiss you altogether if I didn't assume you were merely demonstrating why no one likes the bulk of the High Lords of Tear and not giving a sample of your actual personality.

And now, I feel that I owe cloglord an apology, since you have been, in every post I've read today, demonstrating that he is quite right in his assessment of your perpetual and consistent rudeness, zshadez.

If elmis meant "Quoted For Truth", or any other variant other than one citing a derogatory epithet, I'll happily apologize for the error in my conditional remarks.  I have yet to see such clarification from him or her, however.

• 4 weeks later...

That's because Robert is an arse. He feels the need to justify his own existance by attempting to lessen the self worth of others. I applaud you Robert, and all of those like you, for those without a backbone who must be little others there is alas .... the Internet. You will forgive me if I refuse to respond to your derogative comment that will be forth coming, but I believe if I did that I'd then fall into your little cliche. You understand  ::)

I know i'm dredging up an old thread but lately I have really struggled at being patient for news reguarding amol. I want it so badly.... How do you all cope with the wait? Maybe i should take take a break for the site. What do you think?

There simply isn't any news. But don't expect it before 2009. (would be great if it could come out earlier, but don't expect it.

We just have to wait patiently.

He actually said QTF not QFT. The most common use of that that i have seen is 'quit talking faggot'. 

I think that the more standard use of OTF is "quit talking fool" which is plenty offensive in and of itself.  But it is also very easy to make a typo.  I have seen and MADE plenty myself and even in your quote above you made a typo - the "i" should be "I".    So let's give him/her the benefit of the doubt and not jump to condem. 

elmis already clarified that he meant to say QFT

Maybe he should have been given the oppurtunity to clarify what he meant BEFORE all the comments about what QTF could mean and the reactions to what some thought it meant.

elmis, I bet you never thought your simple mistype would stirred this much up...lol.   :D

LOL, I definitely meant to write QFT.

In that case, as promised, I apologize for the error in my conditional remarks.

That's because Robert is an arse. He feels the need to justify his own existance by attempting to lessen the self worth of others. I applaud you Robert, and all of those like you, for those without a backbone who must be little others there is alas .... the Internet. You will forgive me if I refuse to respond to your derogative comment that will be forth coming, but I believe if I did that I'd then fall into your little cliche. You understand

The sad thing is, phlpr23, that you just did exactly what you accuse me of doing; that is, reading too much into my remarks, which all said that IF elmis meant what Luckers thought he did, THEN I would regard him in the fashion described.  Since the "if" was not fulfilled, the "then" never came into play.

You, of course, because you feel that you have been the subject of my scorn in the past, chose to ignore the conditional nature of my remarks, take a shot, then run away, and pretend that if I address your remarks, that I am proving them correct.

That is silly.

Maybe he should have been given the oppurtunity to clarify what he meant BEFORE all the comments about what QTF could mean and the reactions to what some thought it meant.

There were three weeks between his original comment and his clarification ...

... that said, all my comments were, in fact, made conditional for that reason.  "If/then" people. 

Heh, would have cleared this up earlier, but after reading the initial posts, and specially seeing your funny, yet true one, I figured I'd just give some props and leave the topic behind.

Only caught the mistake, once the other guy bumped it. :)

There were three weeks between his original comment and his clarification ...

Sorry, maybe I did not make myself clear.  The comments about his mistype were made the day of and the day after he made it.  He wasn't given much oppurtunity to clarify at that point.  Granted, I too would have assumed the worst over time, but the worst was assumed immediately. 

I am not trying to attack anyone here, I just think we all sometimes immediately assume the worst, myself included.  I was just trying to point that out....there are a lot of great people on this forum, so let's try to assume the best - first - ...unless we are proven wrong.....I hope that makes sense. 

The comments about his mistype were made the day of and the day after he made it.  He wasn't given much oppurtunity to clarify at that point.  Granted, I too would have assumed the worst over time, but the worst was assumed immediately. 

Actually, the possibility of the worst was presented, and he was invited to clarify.  To quote myself, on that first day:

If elmis meant "Quoted For Truth", or any other variant other than one citing a derogatory epithet, I'll happily apologize for the error in my conditional remarks.  I have yet to see such clarification from him or her, however.

Now, just a single day after his clarification (and the first time I saw it) my apology was delivered as promised.  Elmis has explained why he left it so long (he didn't know).  He doesn't seem mad at me, and I'm certainly not mad at him.  This misunderstanding has not been reflected in our interactions in any other thread.

In short, all you people who are unconditionally jumping all over me for conditionally jumping on him ... take a bit of your own advice.

Acually quite the contrary Robert, in my post I designated the differance between myself and you (in regards to of made such a negitive comment towards someone), and the differance deals with your repeated belittling remarks.  ;D lol, the joys of self justification.

You will forgive me if I refuse to respond to your derogative comment that will be forth coming, but I believe if I did that I'd then fall into your little cliche

- The key here would be if I responded in a derogative manner, and in doing so I would "fall into your little cliche(aka: catagory). 

Notice the last wording of this sentence. BTW, you did say that you would apologize, but as of yet, you haven't done so on this forum.  :o, lol.

And last but not least .... [move]Cubs are gonna get A-Rod!!!!, and then they are going to win the World Series next year on the hundred anniversity since their last win !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]

Notice the last wording of this sentence. BTW, you did say that you would apologize, but as of yet, you haven't done so on this forum.

Realllllly ....

In that case, as promised, I apologize for the error in my conditional remarks.

Thats me quoting myself, from the post 6 posts above yours.  Reading what I actually said before telling me that I didn't say it might make you seem a little more credible, in the future.

The key here would be if I responded in a derogative manner, and in doing so I would "fall into your little cliche(aka: catagory).

Realllllly .... because if I remember correctly, you said this:

That's because Robert is an arse.

Perhaps you'd like to take this opportunity to explain to the rest of us how this is not responding "in a derogative manner"?  Its not a conditional statement, either ...

Also, the definitions of "cliche" and "category" are completely different ... and "catagory" is not a word in any variant of English.

Finally, even if the Cubs get A-Rod, they won't go anywhere, since they have no pitching worth the name, and A-Rod cannot hit in October.  But, you're welcome to waste your money on him, like the Rangers and Yankees did.

Thats me quoting myself, from the post 6 posts above yours.  Reading what I actually said before telling me that I didn't say it might make you seem a little more credible, in the future.

-Point Conceded

Perhaps you'd like to take this opportunity to explain to the rest of us how this is not responding "in a derogative manner"?  Its not a conditional statement, either ...

- Ahh, but the key here was my wording. I said if "responded", which was in refferance to "future" responces.

Acually, Point conceeded here. My wording was wrong, should of used "replied" instead of responded.

Also, the definitions of "cliche" and "category" are completely different ... and "catagory" is not a word in any variant of English.

- Agreed, word I ment to use was nitche, as in every animal has a niche or part to play in an ecosystem. I could be just butchering the spelling of the word though.

Finally, even if the Cubs get A-Rod, they won't go anywhere, since they have no pitching worth the name, and A-Rod cannot hit in October.  But, you're welcome to waste your money on him, like the Rangers and Yankees did.

And finally this is where I disagre. The Cubs problem this Post Season wasn't their pitching at all. It was the lack of runs they scored. And A-Rods statistics in post season are probably linked to the fact he isn't playing on a Team he really wants to be on  :P

And finally this is where I disagre. The Cubs problem this Post Season wasn't their pitching at all.

The team's postseason ERA was 5.333 ... thats not very good.

It was the lack of runs they scored.

Yes, that was a problem too.

And A-Rods statistics in post season are probably linked to the fact he isn't playing on a Team he really wants to be on

You could have a point there ... one that I'd even buy ... after I saw a change.  After all, if he hates being on the Yankees so much, why did he produce during the entire regular season?  Does he only start hating them in the playoffs?  ??? 

His team didn't change in October.  But the pressure to produce did.  Do you really think that will be different wherever he goes?

As a Red Sox fan, I understand the pain of not winning for a long, long time.  But sinking 300 million into A-Rod isn't the answer for the Cubs, or for any other team.  For the price tag he'll demand, the Cubs could get an almost equivalent bat and a valid #2 starter.

Archived