spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

I said Lord of Chaos, in part for Dumai's Wells, but more for the scenes leading up to it.  That was Rand as some of his craftiest under pressure.

He wouldn't cry out today.  Tomorrow in the evening he would allow himself one cry.

Or something to that effect.

The way he calculates was just so good.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh, 2 to 3 years?  I did 1-11 and New Spring all in about 6 months.  I have no idea which books things happened in except for stuff in EotW and KoD, the rest is just like one long book in the middel XDXDXDXD

6 months, before i started my last job i did 1-11 and new spring in two weeks, i lost about 20 pounds becasue i didn't eat much.

When you read all of that so quickly, did everything kinda blur together, or were you able to keep up with the dozens of plots and subplots and hundreds and hundreds of characters? Either way, StudentJoe, I bet that a couple of re-reads of the books, or at least some of the scenes, will be enjoyable for you as it has been for others.

6 months, before i started my last job i did 1-11 and new spring in two weeks, i lost about 20 pounds becasue i didn't eat much.

Well, let's add that to RJ's list of credentials:

>Author  (the best)

>Survivor (for awhile more, hopefully)

> Dietitian ("Yes, I’ve already lost 20 lbs. on the Jordan diet...") 

• 2 weeks later...

Kod - The plans finally came to fruition.  Mat married the daughter of the two moons, Asha'men were everywhere, plot lines were wrapped up and the stage set for Rand to make a big move (which he hasn't done since the cleansing, since then he's been waiting around)

Guest Stefania Sedai

I chose the Great Hunt. I love all of the "Aha!" moments as Rand is starting to realize who he is. It includes Ingtars last stand and allows us to meet the heroes of the wheel. Not to mention the battle in the sky over Falme.

whoever voted for AMoL, please stop or ill kill you.

I think that KoD and tEotW are my favorites because KoD really brings the action back into the series and the first book is well...first.

There were 2 votes for AMoL...maybe it was RJ and Harriet.  *shrug*  they'd be the only two that could have 'read' it.

I voted for TEotW since its the beginning.  It also stands alone rather well.  even though the reader knows there is more, it has a very complete feeling. 

• 2 weeks later...

For me, its the Dragon Reborn. I love the battle of the stone- whatever the hell Rand does w/ the One Power to kill all the Trollocs is still pretty much one of the coolest things we've seen anyone do....and i'm soooo mad that he still has not idea what it was! I also love the fact that Moiraine takes out another Forsaken in this book and the fact that the LTT banner starts to fly again!

come on people. If you read the replies you should at least reply yourself. Just for fun. Im trying to see if people here actually read the books.

it's just too hard!!! : i loved them all. for years i lived in this crappy little town in GA and had to travel to savannah to even get to a bookstore that sold new releases to get each new book. they were all like gold to me. they were my christmas, birthday, save-to-buy-something-for myself presents. if i recieved nothing else, i was just as happy. how is that for geekdom?

Shadow Rising.

It was the first book in the series that I read and I was mesmerized.

The history of the Aiel, The Stone Stands, Asmodean and Rand in Rhuidean...

Perrin's journey alone in this book would have made a great novel by itself. Add on all the other great stuff and man, what more can you want?

Epic battles, fascinating twists, new cultures and a finale that doesn't involve Ishamael for once.

By far the best book in the series for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived