• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Winter's Heart. In my own opinion, its my most favorite, but like Nelal Hurcran said, trying to choose which book is the best book is just as hard or impossible as trying to decide which one of your best friends is your BESTEST friend! :D

Guest silver89

Eye of the World is my pick, simply because its the first book that i have ever picked and had to finish from start to end without breaks.

On wotmania, they're giving every second day stars (0,5 --> 5) at all the books. Afterwards, you can just calculate the average.

It's LoC today, and so far, the standings are:

1) Shadow Rising (4,58 stars)

2) Eye of the World (4,49 stars)

3) Fires of Heaven (4,46 stars)

4) Dragon Reborn (4,36 stars)

5) Great Hunt (4,24 stars)

6) New Spring (3,35 stars)

I'm gonna keep this updated, as I'm quite curious about this myself.

This is sad that I have to ask:

Which one had Dumai Wells? 

They are all really good, but the Dumai Wells scene is by far the best scene of the entire series  :D

That scene is in Lord of Chaos. Which I think is the best book. Mostly because of that scene. And more so because it was the book in which the Asha'Man were created. Who besides Rand I think are the coolest characaters/group in the books.

heh, 2 to 3 years?  I did 1-11 and New Spring all in about 6 months.  I have no idea which books things happened in except for stuff in EotW and KoD, the rest is just like one long book in the middel XDXDXDXD

I got you beat!

2 read throughs in under a month!!!!!!

(I was pulling CQ duty for extra cash-- booyah)

Though it is all just one big blur anymore... I'll take my time on this read through because I don't forsee AMOL coming out anytime within the next couple of years :'(

BTW, I always shoot for the negative side of things, that way when something good comes around I am always surprised...

I voted for The Shadow Rising today.  Ask me again tomorrow.

Seriously, I like the first 7 books about the same (maybe The Great Hunt isn't quite as good...).  The Path of Daggers felt like half a book (based on the pattern established for the first 7 anyway) and that bugged me.  I wanted my money back after reading The Crossroads of Twilight and suggested to my mother (who loves the books but always forgets everything between publishings and won't reread them) that she not read it until the next one was out.

I really liked Heart of Winter and Kinfe of Dreams, but I've only read the books after tFoH once (I've read the first five five times each) owing to the fact that I lost my copy of LoC (happily, I'm currently reading it again now).

Confession - I accidentally read aCoS twice because the Christmas that tPoD came out in paperback I received both under the tree and forgot I'd already read number 7 until I was halfway through it.

Well, I have thoroughly enjoyed ALL of the books, except for CoT, simply because very little happened in CoT. This poll asked for us to choose which books are our favorites, and that is a very difficult question to ask. However, like someone mentioned, its like trying to choose who is your bestest friend of ALL of your best friends. Its hard to do, but my top 3 books in WOT are Eye of the World, Lord of Chaos, and Winter's Heart.

only place iv seen the text in your sig is in KotOR 2, its the sith code.. i guess its probly in some books as well but i havent read alot of the old republic setting books.

as for my favorite... i voted for KoD cant remember exactly why... iv read 5 books from 2 different series since i voted so things get a bit muddled.

I don't have a favorite book.  It's all one story, just rather strict definitions of stopping points.  My least favorite portion of the story, however, was contained within the Crossroads of Twilight and partially into Winter's Heart.  The parts I enjoyed most were contained within The Eye of the World through the Lord of Chaos.  Post-LoC the pace slowed down considerably, making it a chore to read at times.

Hard question to answer, and I can't choose between KoD or tEotW. In KoD I like Mat's storyline with Tuon and Egwene's way of embracing the pain the way the Aiel do. In tEotW I like the way the characters are innocent and their reactions to the places they go.

Archived