DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

funny scenes

I always get a chuckle when Perrin is on the boat with Zarine for the first time, and she tells him that her Hunter name is "Mandarb". He laughs, and she gets all uppity with something like "I'll teach you something in the Old Tongue peasant."

And he says, pointing to Lan's mount, "You see that horse? His name is Mandarb."

Perfect.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Nynaeve and Lan's marriage proposal scene is the funniest. To paraphrase: Lan: "We can never see each other again" Nyn: "That's what you think". Everything about that scene made me laugh, and made my smile.

Guest Barmacral
Even better is when Mat goes in to Rhuidean and the Wise Ones ask he and Rand to leave their weapons behind. I love the image of Mat pulling out knife after knife. And even the Aiel are impressed...

I agree, and I was actually going to mention that myself.

I would have to agree when it comes to comedy, Matt's the best. I like the ongoing joke of Matt, Perrin, or Rand always thinking when not with the others that one of the others is the ladies man and understands women.

Guest Fire Lord

I as well think that scene in the DR where Faile proudly declares that her name is Mandarb is one of the funniest in the books. I just can't help it but laugh.

And there is a scene, in WH I think, where the Sitters of Salidar are holding a meeting with Egwene present. Their discussion turns into a heated debate, then an argument and they start exchanging insults, to the point where some got up from their seats and marched towards the others with the visible intention of beating the hell out of them. That just does it, to me, the legendary, cool Aes Sedai turning into raging beasts :D

Ah, well, they are women after all...

Can't remember what book it was, but it invovled Rand, Egwene, Elayne and some butt pinching with the power.

Also in the Prolouge of Winter's Heart when Avi and Elayne are becoming sisters and they have to slap eachother as hard as they can.

(That scene also made me cry, man i'm such a chick)

Faelene, the pinching (and spanking) scene was near the beginning of TSR.

I'm partial to the bit in ACoS where Aviendha, Elayne and Nynaeve are on a Sea Folk ship making that bargain about the Bowl, and Aviendha is freaking out about being on the ocean while a young Windfinder asks clumsy questions about the incrediblle things she's heard that Aiel do. It just seems like an amusingly human scene.

I have a little chuckle every time Mat talks to or thinks about Olver's way with women. needing to spend less time with his "uncles" and how they are teaching him to leer and be to forward when Olver has become a young version of Mat.

And when Mat gets ready to leave Tylin and he is standing in front of the mirror.

"Maybe a little lace" had me laughing.

Or Loial's aversion to marriage. even worse than Mats. "Travel the ways or stay here & be married, treveling with Ta'veren is interresting Indeed"

one i think thats realy funny is when rand is locked in his room and all depressed and not eating and min comes and gets him to leave and when the madins bring in the bath tub and he is getting ready to take a bath and he notices min sitting there watching and he just plops in the tub and then she startes talkin about him with the madins and then she tells rand he has to get out and get dry some time.. i mean who wouldnt want to just jump out naked around like 20 chicks lol

• 3 weeks later...

All scenes with Mat are hilarious. Most especially the scenes where Mat is trying to figure out the things Tuon says to him. The one part in KOD that made me laugh the most was in "As if the World Were Fog" and Tuon's worried about Mat getting killed by a cow. I just get such a strong mental image of a rampaging cow that I just burst out laughing. Moo... :lol:

In EotW when Egwene, Perrin and Elyas are leaving the Traveling People, Perrin asks Egwene what she and Ila were talking about and she answers:

"Ila was giving me advice on being a woman,"

Perrin started laughing and replied:

"Advice! Nobody tells us how to be men. We just are."

"That," Egwene said, "is probably why you make such a bad job of it."

It ends with Elyas cackling.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived