DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

funny scenes

I just reread aCoS. There is a lot of tension in this book between Mat and the wondergirls. When in Ebo dar, Mat goes clubbing with Birgitte and explains his problems and frustrations with her. Birgitte and Aviendha then work together to force Nyneave and Elayne to apologize and recognice they have toh versus Mat. Then Mat goes like, yeah, it was no biggy wich makes Nyneave and Elayne even more furious, together with their problems that the other AS and the Kin don't recognice them as AS,....

The thing is, I just thought that RJ wrote this so good and comical. This is something I really like about tWoT.

I was wondering if anybody else experienced any other scenes as very funny?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a bunch though most are of course eluding me at the moment. I just passed one though in Winter's Heart. It's the night when Rand and Min go to Caemlyn and Elayne bonds them all. Rand and Elayne are having sex, and Min and Avi can tell through Rand. They're trying to divert their minds from it. Then they see Birgitte stalking down the hallway toward them all glassy eyed, feeling everything Elayne's feeling through the bond...

She threatens to welt Elayne til she can't sit for a month if she's doing what Birgitte thinks she is. Then suddenly her knees buckle and she whimpers, and when she gets control of herself again she goes "two months!" Then all three of them go off to get drunk on some oosquai Aviendha says she knows of. :lol:

I also like the scenes with Nynaeve and Alise, where Nynaeve is all befuddled by being outdone by her.

Oh, and the one in I think it's tDR right after Perrin sees Faile for the first time and she keeps staring at him. He walks in on Moiraine half naked and tells her about this girl. And she just kind of chuckles and says something like "some women appreciate a nice pair of shoulders". I love the scenes where Moiraine's humanity comes out. :)

I like the scene where Perrin and Faile first meet on the boat and she says her name is Mandarb (sp?) meaning blade. Perrin laughs and points out that is the name of Lan's horse. :lol:

Also, of course, the famous scene with Elayne and the red rod ter'angreal. Just think Fire! Uhm... we'll just leave it there.

I like the scenes with Mat and Tylin, how her behaviour confuses him ("women don't act that way!") and yet she's so much like him. It's also fun to see his efforts at understanding Tuon. And the bit where he realizes that Egwene is the Amyrlin. OK, Mat is just funny when he's bewildered.

Guest Stefania Sedai

OK, help me out becasue I can't remember which book it's in (I've read them too many times) but there's a scene where Rand has been healed and he wakes up in his bed surrounded by Min, some Asha'men, and some Aes Sedai but he's neked (that's Southern for not dressed) under his sheets and he wants to get up and go fight and they won't leave to let him get dressed so he gets up anyways and someone comments on "smacking that bottom" and a woman's voice says "yes, but what a cute bottom it is" and he turns all red. I like that scene. Also, when he tries to tell the Aiel Maidens a joke to prove that he has a sense of humor and they just stare at him. That's funny too.

Mat. Pretty much anything to do with Mat is just hilarious to me. Mat is not only an important character to the story because of his plot lines but because he provides comic relief to the story. :lol:

I am drawing a blank on specific moments... :oops:

I also liked the part where Nynaeve had gotten drunk trying to break her block for Theodrin and she had to be carried back to her room while she was singing.

Also when ever Elayne tries to swear. It is so unnatural it is funny.

I enjoy the scene in TSR, in the Stone, from Thom's PoV....the only time we see his PoV, I believe. Anyway, he's thinking about retiring to a farm. With chickens. And sheep, sheep can't be much work, and he will play the harp for them. No, the flute, weather isn't good for a harp. With a village nearby. With an Inn. And a common room, where he can dazzle the locals.

Best part are when Mat is starved by Tylin, forced to wear them clothes he despises, and of course when Tylin gets him into bed... and pretty much does what she want with him. Poor guy.

Also when Mat tells Elayne that it was Tylin that was the one forcing him to do all that, and how she made fun of him =P

I must say that most of the parts with Mat are the best.... somewhere in one of the books (i forget where) he says how he would pull the carriage himself if he could, since it was so slow... i found that one funny. =)

In tFoH, ch45, after the shaido have been defeated at the gates of Cairhien there's a scene with Aviendha, Rand and Asmodean. Aviendha pulled a joke with Egwene and told it to Rand: Egwene had been called to sit in on a meeting with the wise one's of different tribes but at the same time Aviendha yelled that Egwene was going to get a spanking. As Egwene was pulled out of her sleep by Bair and Sorilea she was still a bit dazed an confused and tried to object to this spanking. Sorilea then asks Egwene what she did that she expects to be punished for.

The really funny bit about this scene is that when Aviendha is telling this she's still laughing with it and Rand doesn't get it and just stares at her. Asmodean however does get it but can't blend Aviendha in with the AoL aiel he knew and he also just stares.

The best comical scenes are with Mat :D

One in particular: LoC chapter 38 "A sudden chill"

Muahahha Mat goes to Salidar and tell the fool wondergirls what's good for them !

The only bad thing is that after that the three hypocrit madwomen use him with threats and bullying -__- ...how I hate them :evil:

A funny scene that I like was when Lan resuced Nyneave from the water. The first thing she does is slap the be-jesus out of him. Then she drags him to the nearest captain and marries him. :lol: I mean she hasn't seen him since Tear and *WHAM!*.

A funny scene that I like was when Lan resuced Nyneave from the water. The first thing she does is slap the be-jesus out of him. Then she drags him to the nearest captain and marries him. :lol: I mean she hasn't seen him since Tear and *WHAM!*.

yes, more childish relationships in wot.

I like when mat comes out of rhuidean and the wise ones tell him he can't leave with the staff.He then tells the revered wise one something like" I paid for that staff old woman" i think its the only time in the book where the wise ones are treated with total lack of respect..Mats the greatest

I like when mat comes out of rhuidean and the wise ones tell him he can't leave with the staff.He then tells the revered wise one something like" I paid for that staff old woman" i think its the only time in the book where the wise ones are treated with total lack of respect..Mats the greatest

Even better is when Mat goes in to Rhuidean and the Wise Ones ask he and Rand to leave their weapons behind. I love the image of Mat pulling out knife after knife. And even the Aiel are impressed...

in LOC Chapter 5 "A Diffrent Dance"

Mat is sitting in an inn trying to chat up a barmaid "Betse". I still cant figure out if she's actually a complete nit or a pure genius. it was really funny seeing Mat, Smooth Ladies Man mat skidding about with his legs in the air like a frog on the ice. in front of all his officers.

in LOC Chapter 5 "A Diffrent Dance"

Mat is sitting in an inn trying to chat up a barmaid "Betse". I still cant figure out if she's actually a complete nit or a pure genius. it was really funny seeing Mat' date=' Smooth Ladies Man mat skidding about with his legs in the air like a frog on the ice. in front of all his officers.[/quote']

Yeah, that was a good scene. And his officers were all laughing but tried to hide this by telling some stupid story.

• 1 month later...

Ive got a few favourite humorous scenes, but more than scenes, its the one liners that get me laughing.

One I came across recently:

Gaul to Perrin in TSR: A woman fights with more cunning than a Myrdraal, A trolloc has more honor, and a goat more sense.

Guest Egwene

:lol: yeah, agree, oosquaiaddict, the one liners are just more difficult to remember...

A few scenes that made me chuckle...

Egwene making balls of fire dance and driving her teachers mad in KoD.

Mat rounding on the Sea Folk and using Ath'an Miere swear words and language as if he was born on one of their ships.

Some of the things Faile and Co say to Morgase in her disguise... knowing she too is a queen, they are quite funny.

The scene where the kin realise that the two they bundles out are in fact Aes Sedai.

Moiraine and Lan in New Spring... him throwing her into the pond, her dumping water on him and making him slightly less then comfortable with a few other suprises.

Archived