DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is still around?

Cairos

On 8/5/2024 at 6:57 PM, LilyElizabeth said:

That was nice! *snuggletackles back* Seeing you on Facebook is just not enough, my friend. 

Oh yes. Life has been busy the past few years but good. Facebook can sometimes seem like you're

riding through the Blight. So, I just let the path take me back to the Tower...visiting my ole friends

around the campfire along the trail. It's good to be back. *Hugs*🥰

Edited by ThorkinBarrimore

2 hours ago, Jeannaisais said:

Those juniper book jackets are SO COOL! Perhaps someday I'll also splurge and get a set but most of my extra monies goes to travel right now lol

Gorgeous set up for them @ThorkinBarrimore!!

Thank ya! Hey, I don't blame you. That's my next thing is I want to travel and see some of the places

I've always wanted to see. The usual ones to start like Greece and Rome but definitely Scotland (as I'm currently teaching myself Scottish Gaelic), Ireland, and I bet Quebec would look nice in Winter. 

21 hours ago, ThorkinBarrimore said:

Thank ya! Hey, I don't blame you. That's my next thing is I want to travel and see some of the places

I've always wanted to see. The usual ones to start like Greece and Rome but definitely Scotland (as I'm currently teaching myself Scottish Gaelic), Ireland, and I bet Quebec would look nice in Winter. 

I went to athens with my mom back in 2011 and it was cool to see the different islands and all of the ancient architecture that they've preserved, though it was rainy and quite chilly while we were there lol And I adore Rome - been there 3 times now and I love experiencing its history and culture! I studied abroad in Granada, Spain and hit up a decent number of cities! Next time I head across the ocean I'm planning to finally see some of Germany and France. This past week here in the states I went up to Seattle, Washington area with my mom and sis and we even did a day trip up to Vancouver - we had legit picture perfect weather almost every day and it was SO pretty and now I'm sad that I'm home lol

@Jeannaisais Oh all of those sound like great places! My bucket list always runneth over. 🙄 

I had forgotten to include Spain but it would be crazy not too. They say there are some amazing markets with all kinds of different types of ham. I'd really like to see that. I want to see Andalusia while I'm there because of a Doors song I heard once. 

I've always wanted to visit Seattle and maybe visit the Jimi Hendrix monument among other things. 

I was big X-Files fan back in the day and I think the early seasons (when it was at it's best) was 

filmed there. 

6 hours ago, ThorkinBarrimore said:

I had forgotten to include Spain but it would be crazy not too. They say there are some amazing markets with all kinds of different types of ham.

SO MUCH HAM in Spain! Mostly cured. Fun fact - my host mom kept a cured pig's leg in her kitchen and would shave slices off whenever we'd need them. That thing lasted the entire time I was there (approx 4 months)

For Seattle we did the classic stuff - boat trip in the Puget Sound to see whales and orcas, day at the space needle, and visited Mt Rainier National Park (and were all sore from all that hiking for the following three days lol but the views we got were worth it)

Next week the hubby and I are going to NYC to see the family. We decided to see 2 broadway shows (Wicked and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child). So excited to see them. Next month we are going to visit Europe. Not sure if we are doing Oktoberfest yet. For sure we are going to visit Prague and Amsterdam.

All those places sound really nice. I'd like to hear how the Wicked and especially the Cursed

Child show is as I've heard good things on both. NYC is a place I'd like see during Christmas time. 

I'm a big Home Alone fan so I want to see Rockefeller Center lit up with the Christmas tree and, 

hopefully, at least visit the Plaza Hotel. To stay there would be awesome....(but I'd settle for a 

sweet limo ride with the fam and an extra cheesy pizza). 

Yeah, I know. It's a little corny but I would be nice to do one year. 

Just came back from NYC Wednesday morning. Had a blast of course. Went to go see Wicked in Broadway and the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Wicked was amazing and Harry Potter was alright. We had a 1 michelin star korean bbq for our anniversary dinner. It was amazing. 

How is everybody doing?