DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

53 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Ngl I was worried you were going to be a wolf @Cory Caboose and felt Darthe’s early Homelander gif towards you was the beginning of an epic showdown that was thematically perfect for that situation.

But you seem pretty okay now that you’re digging in. Calling my read lazy is fair and if I seem subdued its probably a mix of rust and herb tbh :Jordan: 

Your approach to the Hally consensus read is a new angle that I think wouldn’t really benefit you as a wolf as compared to following said consensus. I’m not sure whether the AJ/Hally tinfoil is based more on me or her but I would say you’re getting ahead of yourself either way. I’m not sure if I said this ITT but I know I definitely thought it to myself at least but my track record reading her when I am Town is not the best so I’m not unwilling to sponge others per se

Tbh I agree, I think wolf Cory could throw me in his pocket with a town read on me here 

• Community Administrator
1 minute ago, TrippedOnReality said:

You're not wrong in that wolves will try to act like town, but town's job is to not get misyeeted and acting anti town isn't the best way to avoid getting misyeeted.  When town works together it makes it much harder for the wolves to hide.  If town is constantly arguing with each other over stupid things, it makes it much easier to hide.

Sounds to me, that a wolf is going to want to create an environment where everyone argues..

Or they attempt to appear super townie, and try to lead the lunch crew in finding the "real" wolf. 

As for anti-town, me guessing out loud that Verb is a special role, has its purpose of trying to get y'all to not lynch Verb on D1, like y'all did you me last game.

If he is special, and wolf gets em to tonight, well that sucks. But if he's town, well he's be dead D1 if  I didn't say anything, right? 

15 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Unofficial Vote Count

Verb - Clov
Clov - Leelou

Darthe - Zander

VooDoo - SinisterDeath

Hallia - VooDoo

SinisterDeath - Darthe

Not voting: Dice, Cory, AJ, Verbal, Hallia, Tripped

Thanks Cory. It's now the official VC. 

Also I hate you all. You post way too much for a mod who gets to be here approx 2 hrs a day. 

Can't wait for some of you to get killed off ❤️❤️ 

5 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Sounds to me, that a wolf is going to want to create an environment where everyone argues..

Or they attempt to appear super townie, and try to lead the lunch crew in finding the "real" wolf. 

Yes, but also no.  I don't think it's nearly that simple/binary.  In the first case, if town is already at odds with each other, mafia doesn't have to do anything.  they can just sit there and let town tear itself apart.  In the second case, the number of people who can actually appear super towny as scum isn't normally very high.  I would say this game is the exception where there are several people who absolutely can run the thread as mafia.  But again, it depends entirely on threadstate.  If town is cooperatively working to yeet town, there isn't much need to be "super townie".

Do you have thoughts on anyone else?

• Community Administrator
8 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Yes, but also no.  I don't think it's nearly that simple/binary.  In the first case, if town is already at odds with each other, mafia doesn't have to do anything.  they can just sit there and let town tear itself apart.  In the second case, the number of people who can actually appear super towny as scum isn't normally very high.  I would say this game is the exception where there are several people who absolutely can run the thread as mafia.  But again, it depends entirely on threadstate.  If town is cooperatively working to yeet town, there isn't much need to be "super townie".

Do you have thoughts on anyone else?

Trust the dice. 

13 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

We have a little more than 24 hours left in D1 ftr

Don't have any major wagon preferences right now, really wanna hear from dice once it's daytime in Aussieland

Same.  I'm not loving how spread out the wagons are at the moment, but I don't really have a strong preference.  of the current wagons I wouldn't be down to yeet hallia, darthe, or voodoo.  i think Chris is probably self-resolving so unless someone feel super strongly about him being scum and has a good reason for it, I probably wouldn't go there either.

1 hour ago, TrippedOnReality said:

@Darthe

I would have liked to see a little more from him on Cory/AJ or anything else that happened earlier today, but I thought this was a decent take on Hallia and it kind of mirrored my own thoughts early about her saying she was glad there were so many people in the game who read her well.  

I think him laying off SD is probably ~good, but I have no idea if mafia!zander would push there or not given thread state.  I do have some vague impression that mafia!zander is more likely to bus a teammate, but fact check me on that.

I felt pretty good about our interactions last night and his back and forth with you over voodoo. so I'm fine giving him a town lean for now.

Ask lenlo if I bus imo 

44 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

We have a little more than 24 hours left in D1 ftr

Don't have any major wagon preferences right now, really wanna hear from dice once it's daytime in Aussieland

Need to hear from Verb and Dice then I'll decide where I wanna go today.

42 minutes ago, Sooh said:

Thanks Cory. It's now the official VC. 

Also I hate you all. You post way too much for a mod who gets to be here approx 2 hrs a day. 

Can't wait for some of you to get killed off ❤️❤️ 

Just say you want me dead Sooh.....just admit it...lolololol

Just now, Darthe said:

And I do recognize that if we follow this, he flips  T, and then I'm alive tomorrow the above looks bad on me.  I need some traction though.

Ugggh SD was pretty similar last game....like 8m.not gonna fight his lunch but atp I don't know if I'm helping it.

I have a thought organizing experiment for anyone who willing to play.  I broke the roster up into three groupings.  Pick the person from each group you'd be happiest swinging today and the person whose elimination you would absolutely never support.

1: darthe/whiskey/leelou/zander
2: dice/voodoo/verb/sinister
3: cory/clov/hallia/tripped

At the risk of stating the obvious, no, you can't pick yourself for the person you want to eliminate the least.

I like have Zander therioes but I don't feel real good about them atp.

2 people getting most Town cred asides from me Cory and Derf.....I think there's at least a Wolf in there....but again that might be my paranoia talking...

Just now, Clovdyx said:

I have a thought organizing experiment for anyone who willing to play.  I broke the roster up into three groupings.  Pick the person from each group you'd be happiest swinging today and the person whose elimination you would absolutely never support.

At the risk of stating the obvious, no, you can't pick yourself for the person you want to eliminate the least.

Scum to Town

1. That order y0u have

2. That's pretty much my poe atp

3. Only Hallia I'd fight her lynch hard atp.

1: Protect Darthe, remove Zander.  Darthe's thoughts and conclusions have mirrored mine a lot, and I think being able to back off Voodoo to re-evaluate despite being pretty firm seemed really townie to me.  There's probably some stupid tinfoil about them being teamed, but I stopped being afraid of the monster under the bed years ago.

Remove Zander just to keep the thread manageable 🙂 Or more seriously, it was never going to be Darthe or AJ, and I think Leelou has been reasonably comfortable in the thread and uncertainty on certain players seems reasonable enough to me.  I also think I'd be able to read her more accurately than I will Zander.

2: Protect Voodoo, remove Dice.  Protecting Voodoo is the easiest choice of this entire "game" for me - he's been here and contributed and while I didn't think it was a shining example of textbook townplay, it's 100% what id' expect from an inexperienced player.  I'm not going to crucify the guy for being new.  As far as Dice, meh, I have nothing positive or negative to say about any of Dice/Verb/Sinister IRT their alignments.  Dice just seems to have been around a little more.  My methodology for sorting wasn't great for this group.

3:  Protect Trip, remove Cory.  I think.  This is the hardest, because each had small things I've liked and some small things I didn't.  Darthe has made several comments that I think I can sum up as comparison between her involvement/presence and her impact.  I totally get that thought process, but that's how she plays - she's very inquisitive by nature and would rather mentally work through people to slowly piece it together than attack the thread head on (a la a Zander-type player).  I didn't like her earliest posts, but nothing she's said since has rubbed me the wrong way.  I'd love to see more actual content from Hallia, especially because I think she's more of an off-the-cuff player than we've seen, but I also don't expect her to just come up with reads if she doesn't have them.  I do like her attitude this game and would generally echo Tripped's comments about her being feisty versus snippy.  Beyond the lack of substance - which applies to like 10 of us, myself included - the only thing that seemed wrong was her saying I generally seem townie to her and I semi-resolved that.  As for Cory... his initial response to her big post felt off to me in tone, but nothing he said was wrong, and I liked his effort towards Hallia.  I'm 100% fine letting him do his thing for a bit and seeing how he opens the game up.

and if anyone was curious, my methodology for grouping was 

Spoiler

literally just going down the roster 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1...

18 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Protect derf, my strongest villa read, eliminate leelou I guess? Tbh not a fan of taking anyone out of that group

Protect voodoo but don't really feel strongly about anyone here, probably eliminate SD for gut

Protect Cory eliminate tripped, but just like group 1 not really into eliminating anyone from that group

28 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Group one's tough.  I think Zander is my biggest T read there, and I have positive reads on the other two but both are very capable of fooling me.  I suppose i'd see whiskey swing since I think he's the most dangerous if he were a woof.

All of group 2 can die.  But really, sinister would swing first and I'd probably protect voodoo for d1.  D2 all bets are off with that group, and the only reason I'm not protecting Verb/dice is I think it's lame to protect people just due to knowing their potential to be good.

3, protect clov or hally, i really dunno which, and tripped would hang

I'll be back for end of day tomorrow! Kill each other nicely please! 

Also make sure you all at least make your votes BOLD for me ❤️ 

I understand red is difficult from phone, so I won't demand that, but at least the bold will catch my attention. 

13 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

Hmmmm

1: darthe/whiskey/leelou/zander - swing darthe, save zander
2: dice/voodoo/verb/sinister - swing dice, save sinister
3: cory/clov/hallia/tripped - swing hallia, save clov

So, million dollar question.  Why?  

2 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

1) Save darthe, and I guess remove AJ?  though I don't feel particularly good about removing anyone from that group atp.

2) save voodoo, I feel voodoo is probably just town based on the interactions with darthe and what Chris said, and I agree with darthe that voodoo just feels completely lost, so unless voodoo's team is just completely absent, probably just town.  remove sinister.  I don't necessarily think they are >rand to be scum, but they're someone who will almost certainly need to be resolved at some point this game and I'd rather do that earlier than leave them hang around until the end of the game and still have a bunch of question marks around them.  that said, I'm fine nuking just about anyone who isn't voodoo in this group unless they start to contribute more.  

3) save hallia. remove cory?  again, I don't feel particularly good about removing anyone from this group atp, but I have somewhat selfish reasons for not wanting to remove Chris.  When we can get on the same page as town, we work together really well and I'm willing to give him a little room to work.  If Chris still around midgame and hasn't yeeted mafia, he should absolutely be given a much harder look.