DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

55 minutes ago, Agitel said:

There are some really substantial responses mixed into that last batch, if anyone only glossed over it.

The "Moiraine's eyes and ears" for the ta'veren rumor I'm still "meh" on, though. 

I mean it only half explains things right? We know how's she heard of them, but we don't know what points them out as ta'veren in anyway. Right now the only thing I can think of would be that an eyes and ears actually has the ability to sense ta'veren in some way? Like the Ogier (or some of them) do I believe. Hopefully we actually get an anwser at some point, so it's not just glaring asspul to justify Moiraine going there.

5 hours ago, MasterAblar said:

I mean it only half explains things right? We know how's she heard of them, but we don't know what points them out as ta'veren in anyway.

Well after Rand goes off on his own in tDR, they are able to track him by following the trail of "weird events" (like a spate of weddings). Maybe the eyes-and-ears heard similar reports.

6 hours ago, Agitel said:

There are some really substantial responses mixed into that last batch, if anyone only glossed over it.

The "Moiraine's eyes and ears" for the ta'veren rumor I'm still "meh" on, though. 

The 4 tavereren makes no sense.  Everyone saw Matr couldn't even win at the dice yet.  

Hopefully they delve into what brought Fain to the 2 rivers though because something attracted him.  

Yeah to be honest the 4 ta'veren line just doesn't make sense. Even if Moiraine's eyes and ears are following crazy events like sudden weddings in Emond's Field, how would they know there are 4 separate ta'veren? Wouldn't 1 be enough for all that stuff to happen? 

It's definitely an example of something from the show that's been poorly done and not at all explained so far. My partner (non book reader) was confused at the line when it was said but just hasn't mentioned it again. 

12 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

Hopefully they delve into what brought Fain to the 2 rivers though because something attracted him.  

I'm pretty sure Fain wasn't anything special at the start. He was a real peddler who was also a darkfriend, and he served as an eyes and ears for the Shadow.

Edited by Agitel

20 minutes ago, Agitel said:

I'm pretty sure Fain wasn't anything special at the start. He was a real peddler who was also a darkfriend, and he served as an eyes and ears for the Shadow.

Yeah he was just a darkfriend who was chosen by the Dark One and twisted into a pseudo blood hound compelled to chase the boys until he finally managed to break free.

Edited by MasterAblar

4 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

The begonning of the show is a bad time to introduce ta'veren. I agree it was a thinly-veiled excuse to get L&M there. With luck, they will explain it in a satisfying way later. Else, it will be a mild plot hole

It would have been fine to have that scene and not mention ta'veren. Just do the old blood line. There are enough words in the show already ?

12 hours ago, notpropaganda73 said:

Yeah to be honest the 4 ta'veren line just doesn't make sense. Even if Moiraine's eyes and ears are following crazy events like sudden weddings in Emond's Field, how would they know there are 4 separate ta'veren? Wouldn't 1 be enough for all that stuff to happen? 

Good point. It's a very specific number. I suppose the eyes-and-ears could have informants who are residents of Emond's Field, who might have more detailed knowledge of individual people and unusual events that happen in the presence of specific children. It does seem like a stretch though.

6 hours ago, Deadsy said:

It would have been fine to have that scene and not mention ta'veren. Just do the old blood line. There are enough words in the show already ?

Maybe trying to introduce the concept of ta'veren as early as possible, not sure why it has to be SO soon though.

Edited by Mnemosyne

Amazon says “personal reasons” which is PR speak for “we aren’t saying anything”. I doubt they had issues with his performance and he would have been under contract for season two already, so it can’t be another job. My guess is that it’s something that made him unreliable for filming, like an undisclosed health issue. I’m sure we’ll find out some day, but for right now neither Harris or Amazon want to discuss it. 

14 hours ago, Skipp said:

This article was a fantastic read.  The 2 authors play off of each other nicely. They are familiar with the books but not too familiar. 

Warning there are some spoilery references to the books.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/11/wheel-of-time-book-reader-recap-episode-4-who-is-the-dragon-reborn/

Here is their article on the first episodes 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/11/two-book-readers-recap-the-first-three-episodes-of-amazons-the-wheel-of-time/

10 minutes ago, ArrylT said:

Here is their article on the first episodes 

Nice article!

Andrew said: ... "Ooh, I am excited to see how they change this!" is the healthiest attitude for a book reader to have going in, I think. The first season of Game of Thrones was a very straightforward, true-to-the-book adaptation of A Game of Thrones. The sheer length of WoT and how the scope and focus of the books change as they move forward meant that was always going to be a lot harder to do for Eye of the World. Honestly, for me, the fact that this show is happening at all is so wildly improbable that I am planning to just enjoy the ride. But that's a kind of trust that the creative teams behind these adaptations can easily lose, as David Benioff and D.B. Weiss did by the time Game of Thrones had slogged through to its last seasons."

I agree with all of that except for the fashionable trashing of the end of GoT.

5 minutes ago, Arthellion said:

I personally don’t rely on rotten tomatoes but it’s interesting to see the aggregate

I read many people who said that when the ratings were high. Suddenly when the ratings were falling, they changed their tune. Not you, of course. I find the aggregate to be pretty reliable, but not fool-proof. All the Fast & Furious movies, e.g. ?