DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Roll Calls (Old/Archived)

Cass

Welcome to Spring or Autumn everyone! Time for a 

Hairspray GIF

Going to try and keep this both informative and fun, so...

If you're planning to have a char active this month, please post:

a) That you're here/What you're up to

Use an interesting enough gif and it'll win the place as intro gif in next month's thread ?

b) Active character

- Names, Divisions  (bonus points if you link your bios)

- Current relevant details/RP plans/wants - feel free to tag other members as relevant, or to respond to others if you can help with their requests!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a Glance/Signed In!

:bandredhand: 

Band of the Red Hand

Infantry

Cass: Eb - Captain

Arinth: Arinth - Sergeant

Taymist: Elynde - Corporal

Medics

Cass: Emrin 

Special Projects

Quibby: Pahl Ebersol

Scouts

The Bard Babe: Arkin - Corporal

Recruit

Liitha: A.D

:hopper:

Wolfkin

Ranger

Taymist: Rhya - Full rank

Nynaeve: Lorelai

WolfCub

Arie: Karrena Candarr

New Arrivals

Liitha: Celerita

Jack

:ph34r:

Black Tower

Asha'man

Matalina: Nox 

Oddpositions: Merdyn Gilyard

Liitha: Aslan (Clouddancer)

cocaine rolling GIF

I still have a few more days of being snowed under but then I'm hoping to be back full swing!

BotRH

Eb (Infantry, Captain)

Current: 

Plans: Progress with @Arinth; Finish Retro with @Quibby

Looking to: Anything!

Emrin (Medic)

Current:

Looking to: Learn how to fight beyond basic bar-brawl type tactics ( @The Bard Babe? Anyone?)

• Cass pinned this topic

BotRH

Arinth (Infantry, Sergeant)

Current: Investigation and character development with @Taymist, Finish up two RPs with @The Bard Babe

Plans:  RP with @Cass to improve professional relationship to the point the two can be in the same room together without drawing knives

Looking to: Keep RPing and have fun. I am also thinking of creating an Archer officer.

8 minutes ago, Arinth said:

BotRH

Arinth (Infantry, Sergeant)

Current: Investigation and character development with @Taymist, Finish up two RPs with @The Bard Babe

Plans:  RP with @Cass to improve professional relationship to the point the two can be in the same room together without drawing knives   

Looking to: Keep RPing and have fun. I am also thinking of creating an Archer officer.

Lololol for the drawing knives.

As for the bold ... doooooo eeeeet

7 minutes ago, Matalina said:

Nox is here in the bt. His bio is in my sig.  Looking for something to do have no plans.

Yey Mat! (and also, thanks for the reminder I turned off sigs).

Plans wise...

Would you still be interested in learning some non-power-led medicine etc?

Feel free to bring Nox over to the Band for Emrin to work with? 

I think I saw something in one of @Taymist's recent writings about (somethings) going bad and killing people?

Perhaps the Band Medics might decide it's time to call on the Alliance and have some BT healers come and investigate/help out?

Or maybe Nox has his own frustrations and wants to follow up on the Alliance from his end, and presents for some sort of brief internship etc?

Yep, I'm here. LOA this weekend 7th/8th as away for work with limited internet access. Might check in on my tablet if I remember to keep it charged!

BotRH

Elynde (Infantry, Corporal) - Bio Here

Just completed inter div RP.

Current: 

- Investigative/char dev RP with Arinth. He tagged me so I won't tag him again. We'll end up like haggis with two legs shorter than the others, running round the top of a hill in circles.:ohmy:

No objection to doing any weapons training that will get me some WS points.

Wolfkin

Rhya (Ranger, Full rank) - Bio Here

Just completed inter div RP, may do one further post to that thread to round things up from WK perspective.

Current:

-Ongoing solo RP, retro-ing Ranger training; Riverwind's Folly.

-Ongoing character development/personal story arc with Owen. Celebrating Rhya becoming a full Ranger.

-New char development/fun RP going hunting/herb collecting with fellow Ranger, Lorelai @Nynaeve. She's waiting on me replying at the moment.

I'd like to see us moving the story forward in terms of main plot even if it's just in small localised ways. We have until the end of the year to deal with any Book 11 plots you want to pick up.

11 minutes ago, Cass said:

I think I saw something in one of @Taymist's recent writings about (somethings) going bad and killing people?

That's the RP Arinth and I are doing. We decided to keep it to just the two of us for the moment as it's also a char dev between Arinth & Elynde. If we get to a point where we need help, we might possibly open it up to certain alliance people but not just yet. :smile:

I'd be interested in RP'ing Rhya with Nox if we can come up with a reason/idea. Let them build on their initial meeting, strengthen the WK/BT connection since the actual alliance is between the BT/Band.  After this weekend though.

BotRH

Pahl Ebersol (Special Projects, Corporal)

Current: Preparing to (accidentally) blow up the mess hall

Plans: I might do some weapons training with him from time to time, but Pahl is mostly going to be an interaction character.  I've already gotten the God of War character thing out of the way.

15 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Yep, I'm here. LOA this weekend 7th/8th as away for work with limited internet access. Might check in on my tablet if I remember to keep it charged!

BotRH

Elynde (Infantry, Corporal) - Bio Here

No objection to doing any weapons training that will get me some WS points.

Have fun with the work!!

WS points wise, is there any particular weapons/training you'd like to have Ely work on?

I'm hoping Emrin will get some basics, maybe from Arkin - you could possibly join in there?

Or anything you like with Eb?

15 minutes ago, Taymist said:

I'd like to see us moving the story forward in terms of main plot even if it's just in small localised ways. We have until the end of the year to deal with any Book 11 plots you want to pick up.

Agreed!

10 minutes ago, Taymist said:

That's the RP Arinth and I are doing. We decided to keep it to just the two of us for the moment as it's also a char dev between Arinth & Elynde. If we get to a point where we need help, we might possibly open it up to certain alliance people but not just yet. :smile:

Ahh, right! I wondered at the title but hadn't realised that the sickness stuff was where the focus would be. 

Def don't want to step on toes, so

@Matalina

Any interest in Nox playing with the Band for any reason?

Medic intern/experience offer still applies. 

Or maybe there should be some inter-Alliance competition/tournament as a form of awareness and/or training?

19 minutes ago, Quibby said:

BotRH

Pahl Ebersol (Special Projects, Corporal)

Current: Preparing to (accidentally) blow up the mess hall

Plans: I might do some weapons training with him from time to time, but Pahl is mostly going to be an interaction character.  I've already gotten the God of War character thing out of the way.

I'm hoping this involves popcorn.

3 minutes ago, Cass said:

Have fun with the work!!

WS points wise, is there any particular weapons/training you'd like to have Ely work on?

I'm hoping Emrin will get some basics, maybe from Arkin - you could possibly join in there?

Or anything you like with Eb?

Ely's done basic hand-to-hand and basic sword training with Quibby ages ago...well not him personally but, you know, the characters he was writing lol, Beleos and Mehrin.

She needs something slightly more advanced, as does Arinth I believe, we're both sitting at WS7 just now.

3 minutes ago, Cass said:

Ahh, right! I wondered at the title but hadn't realised that the sickness stuff was where the focus would be. 

Def don't want to step on toes, so

The focus is going to be the poisoning of Band forces by darkfriends, hence the investigation. The Shadow is  basically trying to disrupt a military force that's become sizable and scarily effective.

But it's also continuing on from events in the inter div RP which is why they're both injured and, ergo, char dev. So no stepping on toes at all, we're just not ready to open it up at the moment. We'll see how it plays out. :smile:

Ely's done basic hand-to-hand and basic sword training with Quibby ages ago...well not him personally but, you know, the characters he was writing lol, Beleos and Mehrin.

She needs something slightly more advanced, as does Arinth I believe, we're both sitting at WS7 just now.

Would a lesson/sparring or something between the two of you, with Eb overseeing, go down ok whilst you've got the other RP going on?

If so, I could see this being a nice emotional trigger point for Eb, being as Mehrin would've taught/trained her a lot of what she'd be looking at teaching you two with, which would feed nicely into the start of Arinth and Eb's development?

The focus is going to be the poisoning of Band forces by darkfriends, hence the investigation. The Shadow is  basically trying to disrupt a military force that's become sizable and scarily effective.

But it's also continuing on from events in the inter div RP which is why they're both injured and, ergo, char dev. So no stepping on toes at all, we're just not ready to open it up at the moment. We'll see how it plays out. :smile:

Sounds really cool. I bet the Medic minds are going crazy ?, if you feel like it could be something mentioned independently in passing as a nod to your story, without digging or actually getting involved, lmk ?

4 minutes ago, Cass said:

Would a lesson/sparring or something between the two of you, with Eb overseeing, go down ok whilst you've got the other RP going on?

If so, I could see this being a nice emotional trigger point for Eb, being as Mehrin would've taught/trained her a lot of what she'd be looking at teaching you two with, which would feed nicely into the start of Arinth and Eb's development?

@Arinth what do you think? We could place the timing somewhere to the side of / tail end of our current RP? Can't be before because they didn't know each other at the start of the inter div one. Probably best if they're a bit more healed. We could make a it a light training/getting back to fitness if that'd work for Eb?

4 minutes ago, Cass said:

Sounds really cool. I bet the Medic minds are going crazy ?, if you feel like it could be something mentioned independently in passing as a nod to your story, without digging or actually getting involved, lmk ?

Probably, yes. Once we're a bit further in and have informed some higher ups maybe. It's going to be a secret between them to begin with. But there's nothing stopping other characters finding different angles to play off the existence of darkfriends operating in the Band. We're working on the premise that they're pretending to be Banders which is how they have info and are getting away with things. Identifying them would be difficult since they're just humans, but maybe they have more than one scheme going on...

7 minutes ago, Taymist said:

@Arinth what do you think? We could place the timing somewhere to the side of / tail end of our current RP? Can't be before because they didn't know each other at the start of the inter div one. Probably best if they're a bit more healed. We could make a it a light training/getting back to fitness if that'd work for Eb?

By the sounds of it yes, they wouldn't be up to a full session just yet. I'm happy to work it whenever you guys want the training, Eb-wise. If you do make it towards the end of the current RP for Ely and Arinth, that would give more time to plan the next part. 

7 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Probably, yes. Once we're a bit further in and have informed some higher ups maybe. It's going to be a secret between them to begin with. But there's nothing stopping other characters finding different angles to play off the existence of darkfriends operating in the Band. We're working on the premise that they're pretending to be Banders which is how they have info and are getting away with things. Identifying them would be difficult since they're just humans, but maybe they have more than one scheme going on...

I feel like this needs a 'Dun-dun-DUNNNNNN!' added to it ?

I like it. I doubt, for example, that Emrin would have many thoughts about the illnesses etc crossing the medic tent being Dark Friend related specifically, just that there had been so many sick people that he hadn't managed to save ?  Hope you guys have fun with it, looking forward to reading along!

10 minutes ago, Cass said:

If you do make it towards the end of the current RP for Ely and Arinth, that would give more time to plan the next part.

I don't mind when we do it, I just meant setting it there time wise rather than literally waiting until then to do it. Although Mr RP'er over there has gone from a couple of RP's to about 20 in the last few days *grins* But yes, the next part. There will be many more parts *hangs a "this one's mine" sign round his neck* I haz decided. But don't tell him cos that actually sounded a bit stalkery :ph34r::laugh:

10 minutes ago, Cass said:

I feel like this needs a 'Dun-dun-DUNNNNNN!' added to it ?

I like it. I doubt, for example, that Emrin would have many thoughts about the illnesses etc crossing the medic tent being Dark Friend related specifically, just that there had been so many sick people that he hadn't managed to save ?  Hope you guys have fun with it, looking forward to reading along!

It totally did!! lol

And yes, that kind of reference would be absolutely fine.

1 hour ago, Cass said:

I'm hoping this involves popcorn.

That would be nice, wouldn't it?  It's just going to blow out all the windows and destroy everything in the kitchen, including lunch.  I figure that Pahl should be put up for a medal for saving everybody from that particular horror.

I think some advanced training would be good for Arinth. It would be interesting with Ely though I think he would find it difficult to land any blows against her.

Lol I don't normally plan to have 20 RPs going. I think things are just overlapping where previous RPs are wrapping up at the same time new ones are starting. There will be many more parts though. ?

Ha ha, yes, I figured it might be rather difficult for both of them. Distracting at least. Be a good test for them both. 20 was maybe a little exaggeration...not by much though. :wink: They're all sounding intriguing actually. Looking forward to reading the rest of the Seanchan one.

Right! 

Yes Arkin will be around this month hell yeah. Anyone needs a scout? ? 

Current RPs:      

Got a bunch of these to finish off (pretending most of these haven't been open for literal years haha)

-Mark of Memory with @Arinth 

-Blade or Leaf (the Tinker Band rp) with @Arinth and aaaaaanyone who feels like jumping in

-A Visit to the Medics @Cass

-retro posting and catching up on the Alliance thread

Plans: 

Gonna jump in on Pahl's return! And I believe there was mention of

Emrin wanting training? Arkin mentioned wanting to learn a bit of field medicine so they can definitely trade knife skills and healing as a follow up to the visit to the medics thread Cass?

Definitely going to want to try and learn not to hate Eb as well - would I be able to jump in on that training session with y'all? 

2 hours ago, The Bard Babe said:

I can't help it if we all write great stuff I wanna re-read haha

I often get caught up reading the different RPs too. There is a lot of really good stuff we've written over the years. As for training I think it would be fine to have you join in. Often times several things are going on in a training thread. I don't see how it would interfere with anything else going on.

Edited by Arinth