DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

3 minutes ago, dicetosser1 said:

i didnt think it was a read either tbh    you can say someones acting towny. that doesnt mean you think that person IS town   especially early game

For Kat to really make any alignment esq comment d1 especially early d1 is sketchy coming from her imo but ive read her wrong the last few games so i dont wanna jump down her throat right atm.  Ill give her a little more time so I can evaluate with more material. 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Also I have thoughts on your question to Lessa, Zander, but I want to see where it goes first.

Yeah please dont touch on this till she does please.

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

I disagree, but like I said... I really have no interest in getting into a debate on what is and is not a read.  It's not going to help me solve, it's probably not going to help others solve, and I've long since accepted different people have different definitions.

This...we dont need a giant semantics argument drowning thread....i mean you guys are all renown spammers.....

dnw.gif

5 hours ago, Katiora said:

not a read... I said you were towny... not town. All I meant was that you're not looking inherently scummy.... :rolleyes: don't read too much into things i'm not really saying :tongue: lol 

4 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

I absolutely hate this response/explanation, but I feel it's null-slightly town for Kat?  The bold is more or less spot on, and saying something is townie is sort of a read...

4 hours ago, Katiora said:

but not really a read. I didn't nor will I EVER say that Zander is town d1... or anyone else unless they are proclaimed by the Mod. I'm horrible at D1 reads and pretty horrible with D2, D3 and so on... lol :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

I'm not going to get into a pointless argument about saying the things somebody is doing/saying are more likely to be from town than mafia vs. saying the person IS town/mafia.  Nobody is expected anybody to completely conclude somebody's alignment is irrefutably and definitively anything, especially 24 hours into the game.

1 hour ago, Zanatron said:

What makes you think its t/w and who is which then iyo and why?!?!?

I feel that Kat is more town and I'm leaning toward wolf for Clov. Kat is responding to the questions being directed at her whereas Clov kept going on about the explanation/motivation of saying someone is town/wolf. Since that post, it's been the center of discussion and everyone has something to say about it. In my experience, those sort of arguments leads to everyone getting angry at each other due to different views. I get wanting to say something along the lines of avoiding the argument but I think had it not been mentioned, it would have been avoided entirely. 

35 minutes ago, Lessa Nikia said:

I feel that Kat is more town and I'm leaning toward wolf for Clov. Kat is responding to the questions being directed at her whereas Clov kept going on about the explanation/motivation of saying someone is town/wolf. Since that post, it's been the center of discussion and everyone has something to say about it. In my experience, those sort of arguments leads to everyone getting angry at each other due to different views. I get wanting to say something along the lines of avoiding the argument but I think had it not been mentioned, it would have been avoided entirely. 

Do you have any other reads?

11 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Srs or nah?

Because nobody really seems anything to me at this point.  Maybe slight town points to Zander, but I'm pretty sure he's aware that he needs to go over the top and spam a bunch of stuff that mostly doesn't matter when he's scum so /shrug

I'm allowed to have feelings on people, sorry so /shrug

3 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

i didnt think it was a read either tbh    you can say someones acting towny. that doesnt mean you think that person IS town   especially early game

I appreciate you.  It was just a light feeling that I got from seeing his couple of posts there.  Nothing really to add to it

I legitimately have no idea what to do atp.  Iron/Tress/Verb, and if that doesn't solve it, Hallia?

Zander is still the one I feel best about.  Like his effort, like his energy, but most importantly feel he's sincerely trying to solve.  The questions to Lessa and his response to me seemed right, and I thought his take on me to Dice seemed genuine.

I'm never going to accept where Kat's coming from on a personal level, but I realize there's more than one way to play.  Not going to beat that horse - especially when I think she'd be more inclined to force some reads as mafia, and even though I don't like how she's arguing, i don't think it's scummy.

Dice being suspicious of me is probably more null than anything, but it's not a bad sign for him.  No issues with his questioning about me to Zander.  I think his thought process is more likely to be interpreting something differently than a deliberate misrep to make me look bad.

Lessa's the one I'm probably struggling with the most.  I disagree that there's likely to be a fight from that discussion pretty much ever (and I've been in a lot of mafia fights....), and even if she does believe that, I don't see where there's mafia motivation in THAT specific topic.  So that conclusion has me scratching my head.  At the same time, gut feeling says that would be a really strange way to make me look bad and kind of just want to believe it's a genuine thought of hers.  IDK.

1 hour ago, Hallia said:

I appreciate you.  It was just a light feeling that I got from seeing his couple of posts there.  Nothing really to add to it

ummm thanks  its nice to be appreciated but i was actually talking about Kat in that post......

6 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Vote: Songstress

I random.orged it. 

So you spent the entire day so far working to drag people out of the fluff and into the game, only to resort to this? I know you have more going on inside your head than this, especially after just having dug at Kat for four pages in a row. You're making me nervous Chris

10 hours ago, Lessa Nikia said:

Lessa:

How much Mafia experience do you have?

Do you prefer Town or Mafia and why?

Have you ever played with anyone in this game before?  If so who and roughly how many games?

Questions  I want answered before I delve further into this response.

8 hours ago, Hallia said:

7 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Of course you're allowed to.  That's why I was asking if it was serious or not... 

Are you still there IRT him?

Interested in seeing where this goes.

I felt Hallia's response was a tad, not sure what the right word is....defensive maybe? Tho I've seen her make these types of response's as both alignment's.

I legitimately have no idea what to do atp.  Iron/Tress/Verb, and if that doesn't solve it, Hallia?

Zander is still the one I feel best about.  Like his effort, like his energy, but most importantly feel he's sincerely trying to solve.  The questions to Lessa and his response to me seemed right, and I thought his take on me to Dice seemed genuine.

I'm never going to accept where Kat's coming from on a personal level, but I realize there's more than one way to play.  Not going to beat that horse - especially when I think she'd be more inclined to force some reads as mafia, and even though I don't like how she's arguing, i don't think it's scummy.

Dice being suspicious of me is probably more null than anything, but it's not a bad sign for him.  No issues with his questioning about me to Zander.  I think his thought process is more likely to be interpreting something differently than a deliberate misrep to make me look bad.

Lessa's the one I'm probably struggling with the most.  I disagree that there's likely to be a fight from that discussion pretty much ever (and I've been in a lot of mafia fights....), and even if she does believe that, I don't see where there's mafia motivation in THAT specific topic.  So that conclusion has me scratching my head.  At the same time, gut feeling says that would be a really strange way to make me look bad and kind of just want to believe it's a genuine thought of hers.  IDK.

PLEASE BE A VILLAGER 

PLEASE BE A VILLAGER

PLEASE BE A VILLAGER

The lack of Tress is legit sketching me out because the only real Scum tell I have from her is lack of activity/content.

sadface.gif

I liked Dice telling me to hold off on addressing that Clov comment/question fwiw.  Unless ofc its Dice/Clov then fml.

Clov I want Lessa to answer my questions before I jump in with my 2 cents worth on that but part of your response here really makes me question a few things.

Vote: Songstress

I random.orged it. 

lawl

6 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

ummm thanks  its nice to be appreciated but i was actually talking about Kat in that post......

lawl

I think I know why the votes there so I'm not gonna juimp all over it. But I will ask...you names Iron/Verb and Tress and maybe Hallia, why Tress over them?

10 minutes ago, Ironeyes said:

So you spent the entire day so far working to drag people out of the fluff and into the game, only to resort to this? I know you have more going on inside your head than this, especially after just having dug at Kat for four pages in a row. You're making me nervous Chris

Chris constantly makes me nervous.....like 1 time he threatened to murder me......

10 minutes ago, Ironeyes said:

Voting Tress because she's posted like twice would have made sense. She isn't normally quite this quiet, despite it being a low-volume game in general. 

Dude I think you should read your own response and assume Chris's reasoning is prolly a joke....

That actually wasn't a joke.  I have no way to differentiate who I want to lynch between Iron/Verb/Tress, and I inly feel a hair better about Hallia.  I have no reason to not lynch any of them.

I already said who I feel even fairly decent about being town and why.