A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Clovdyx said:

That actually wasn't a joke.  I have no way to differentiate who I want to lynch between Iron/Verb/Tress, and I inly feel a hair better about Hallia.  I have no reason to not lynch any of them.

I already said who I feel even fairly decent about being town and why.

I thought it was a pressure vote....sadface.gif

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

It can be taken that way, I don't really care.  But it's not... not a real vote?  If that makes sense.

Kinda

I mean its not like its a train building or hammer vote so it doesn't overly bother me.

7 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

And saying I've "dug at Kat" for four pages seems pretty ??? to me, given I said originally it was probably a GOOD sign for her...

i kinda thought the same thing but Iron sometimes says stuff that makes me scratch my head as a Villager too so Im not sure what to make of it.

40 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Sorry also.......you think its possible theyre w/w?

Possible, yeah. 

40 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Iron, you have any Villa reads yet?

Reads? Not yet. Leans? You and Dice 

36 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

And saying I've "dug at Kat" for four pages seems pretty ??? to me, given I said originally it was probably a GOOD sign for her...

OK... I read it as you sussing her. Am I just misinterpreting?

17 hours ago, Katiora said:

not a read... I said you were towny... not town. All I meant was that you're not looking inherently scummy.... :rolleyes: don't read too much into things i'm not really saying :tongue: lol 

A bit of semantics there, but whatever.

16 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Kat, is there anyone you would rather lynch/not lynch over anybody else for any reason at this point?  No matter to what degree?

At the point you made this post, it really looks like stretching to have some sort of "hunting" to point to later and show effort......but there is no actual way she could answer this at the time the post was made.  Not a good look.

15 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

Lol I was driving with some people on Saturday and somebody brought up the fact that One Direction got big 8 years ago... Everyone in the car was between 22 and 25 but we all simultaneously felt very old.

Pfsssh, there's no room in my pocket anyway. The wocket has made itself very comfortable. 

Ending a sentence with a preposition is scummy, man. Scummy. 

And now I feel even older, thanks.  :-(

8 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

I legitimately have no idea what to do atp.  Iron/Tress/Verb, and if that doesn't solve it, Hallia?

How in this world did you end up with me in your top 3 after my initial posts?  You have no idea what to do?  Who says that?  Keep posting, keep reading people's responses, and keep digging maybe?

D1 scum catch?  One can hope.  Added to what I just said, this early D1 from you is super weird from a townie POV.

Vote: Clov

1 hour ago, Clovdyx said:

That's called "hedging your bet".

I'd like to say deciding to go to bed early instead of rereading the game last night was entirely intentional to see whether anyone would suspect me of being all thread avoidy, but really I was just hot and tired.

I just woke up and need coffee desperately before sorting through thoughts, we'll see if I can get these mafia muscles working again.

2 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Lessa:

How much Mafia experience do you have?

Do you prefer Town or Mafia and why?

Have you ever played with anyone in this game before?  If so who and roughly how many games?

I think I've played maybe 10 games, since 2013 I think is when the first game I played was.

I prefer town as that goes back to the first game I played and almost won (beginners luck). I find that it's easier to play as I tend to over think when I play mafia side.

I've played with Iron, in last years HP game I believe, and I think with dice (3 games), Verb (3 games), and Tress (2 games).

11 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Do you have any other reads?

Atm I'm unsure how I feel about Hallia, Kat and Tress. Either they're not posting as much due to work, which I get, or they're lurking because they don't want to give themselves away. If I recall correctly, dice was a really good wolf so I'm not quite sure about him. I have null read on Iron and Zander, and I'm leaning toward townie for Verb.

40 minutes ago, Songstress said:

I'd like to say deciding to go to bed early instead of rereading the game last night was entirely intentional to see whether anyone would suspect me of being all thread avoidy, but really I was just hot and tired.

I just woke up and need coffee desperately before sorting through thoughts, we'll see if I can get these mafia muscles working again.

Intentional or not, you got a bite or two out of it. You should def take credit for that. 

1 hour ago, Verbal32 said:

At the point you made this post, it really looks like stretching to have some sort of "hunting" to point to later and show effort......but there is no actual way she could answer this at the time the post was made.  Not a good look.

Sorry... I should stop talking 

Also I like this line from Verb. It's really easy to auto town read the first person to push past the fluff on day 1, so the fact that he's thinking beyond that is good 

2 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

Possible, yeah. 

Reads? Not yet. Leans? You and Dice 

OK... I read it as you sussing her. Am I just misinterpreting?

Raisins for your leans?

Overall who do you wtl atp?

How in this world did you end up with me in your top 3 after my initial posts?  You have no idea what to do?  Who says that?  Keep posting, keep reading people's responses, and keep digging maybe?

D1 scum catch?  One can hope.  Added to what I just said, this early D1 from you is super weird from a townie POV.

Vote: Clov

FML

I don't know what to make of this Clov/Verb sussing each other?

I mean Verb, do you have s solid grasp of the game atp?

Who are you top town and scum reads (besides Clov obv) and why?

49 minutes ago, Songstress said:

FLEX EM SOON PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!

*sets out chocolate*

31 minutes ago, Lessa Nikia said:

I think I've played maybe 10 games, since 2013 I think is when the first game I played was.

I prefer town as that goes back to the first game I played and almost won (beginners luck). I find that it's easier to play as I tend to over think when I play mafia side.

I've played with Iron, in last years HP game I believe, and I think with dice (3 games), Verb (3 games), and Tress (2 games).

Atm I'm unsure how I feel about Hallia, Kat and Tress. Either they're not posting as much due to work, which I get, or they're lurking because they don't want to give themselves away. If I recall correctly, dice was a really good wolf so I'm not quite sure about him. I have null read on Iron and Zander, and I'm leaning toward townie for Verb.

What about Clov?

You seemed to be sussing him earlier iirc?!??!

Hallia is always a low poster as either alignment.

Kat will post but normal as a Villager is confused D1 mostly and as SCum tends to force or manufacture reads.

Tress tends to hide from the thread as Scum and is light on content.

Tidbits I have on each fwiw.

5 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Raisins for your leans?

Overall who do you wtl atp?

Just tone so far. It'll take me a little longer to get enough evidence to back up (or refute) my initial impressions. 

Wtl probably anyone who isn't Zander, Dice, me, or Verb

1 minute ago, Ironeyes said:

Just tone so far. It'll take me a little longer to get enough evidence to back up (or refute) my initial impressions. 

Wtl probably anyone who isn't Zander, Dice, me, or Verb

I forgot youre one of THOSE people..........

Those people being those who include yourself in your own reads lists etc.....

I hate that.,.......i dont understand the point....its not like if youre Scum your gonna your own nmae in the Scum area.....lololololololol

1 minute ago, Zanatron said:

Those people being those who include yourself in your own reads lists etc.....

I hate that.,.......i dont understand the point....its not like if youre Scum your gonna your own nmae in the Scum area.....lololololololol

I just like to be thorough. I've participated in my own lynch before. Last game, actually, when I was the Watcher. So it stands to reason that on occasion I'll be in my own wtl list